Faith issues

Karenm

Sep 8, 2011
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Please help! I have been praying for what seems forever - with no answer from God at all. It actually has gotten to the point that I feel God has forgotten me, pushed me to the background and doesn't care about me anymore. I am becoming rather depressed about life and don't want to carry on this way. Please help me pray or tell me if I'm praying in the wrong way. :prayer:

emperormar

Hep Cat Daddio!
Aug 3, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God always loves you and never forgets you but He doesn't always work the way you want Him to or when you want Him to. That is where faith comes in. Faith is trust. When you trust God you let Him do things His way in His timing instead of you trying to boss Him around in prayer to get Him to do things your way.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe you are asking for something that God is not prepared to respond to at present. If so, then He has other things to tell you. You will find quite a few Psalms where this was an issue, God apparently not responding. Read them and see how the Psalmist dealt with that.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please help! I have been praying for what seems forever - with no answer from God at all. It actually has gotten to the point that I feel God has forgotten me, pushed me to the background and doesn't care about me anymore. I am becoming rather depressed about life and don't want to carry on this way. Please help me pray or tell me if I'm praying in the wrong way. :prayer:
Wow...three accusations against God's character....
God forgot me
God pushed me away.
God doesn't care.

God will not be manipulated....
God works on faith, not doubt.

Don't let how you think God responds to or does not
respond to your prayers come between you and Him or
cause you to accuse Him.

Think about it this way...

Does God base His love for you on by what you can do for Him?
Does God base His love for you on what you can give to Him?

Why do you base your perspective of God on these "things"
or "situations" in which you expect something from God and
because your expectations are not met, you doubt His love?

God gave His all...
God came form eternity and became a finite human being
and suffered at the hands of His own created beings and took
upon Himself all our sin, guilt, shame and blame to prove
His love and when a prayer of yours is not answered the way
you think it should be, you fault God and accuse Him of rejecting you
when in reality, you are rejecting Him because He isn't perfoming
the way you think He should.

Thank God that He doesn't treat us the way we treat Him.
Thank God that He doesn't turn His back on us when we fail to perform.

Don't demand that your will be done but surrender your prayer to God and
tell Him: not my will be done in this request, but your will be done.
This way you untie His hands and have faith that He knows more than you
and that He can bring a better outcome than the one you insist on.

God will cause the outcome to be better than you could have imagined
when you get past your will and open the door to His will.

Pray...ask of God and then surrender your request at the alter
of your love, trust and devotion to the One who can see more
clearly than you how to bless you, if you will trust in Him and
not accuse Him of ignoring you.

1 John 5:14
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him,
that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

It is a blow to our pride when we find that we are not
praying according to His will but our own.

Perhaps what you have requested has become more important than
the One you have asked the request of.

God will not allow us to have idols before Him, no matter how godly
and good we make out those idols to be.

Like I said, thank God He doesn't treat us as we treat Him....

Please do not think me harsh.
I have been where you are and will be there again because I am
imperfect and human.

I am just trying to give you a clearer picture of how deceptive
the fallen nature or heart of man can be in that we can blame God and
justify ourselves in the same breath and not even realize how wrong we are in our thoughts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Yes, John is right, ask God for what He wants, instead of always asking the same thing from Him that perhaps He doesn't want to give (yet). I think you can pray for God's general provision, He promises us to take care of that in His way, but we should care if God maybe wants something from us and try to find out what that is. Prayer isn't simply getting from God what we want, it is more like a tool to find out what God wants and to open our heart to Him.

Upvote 0

ghs1994

Jul 1, 2005
Ohio
✟16,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 4:3
You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.

This would define me. Too often I'm praying for things that will make my life easier to deal with when it is God's intention to better my character (James 1:3). I was reading in Philippians this mornings - something I haven't done for a while - and came across this verse:

4:11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:

Just remember, those who get stronger and less fearful are the ones who believe wholeheartedly that in the end, this life is temporary; but eternity in heaven is everlasting. (2 Cor. 4:16-18)

One other thing, I have been feeling the same way you have - as if God has abandoned me. The reality for me has been, I don't pray often, I don't study often, I don't fellowship w/ my church family often and I often don't consider others over myself - which is the act of applying my studies.

I'm not implying this is you, but consider it if it is and make the necessary changes.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the replies - they seemed a bit harsh to start with, but after reading it a second time, I can see the truth in what you've said. It gave me something to think about. Thanks!
Proverbs 27:6
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like the satellite dish that receives clear digital TV channel reception, Jesus gives us faith to receive his pure love, peace and joy when combined together they give the fullness of spiritual healing for a healthy mind and body. Unfortunately, like strong electrical noisy interference such as from a sewing machine connected in the wall socket- Satan can deceive our thoughts by creating false/wrong ideas or human gossip, and as a result change our emotions completely opposite such as hatred, hostility and anger. Jesus shows his powerful healing spirit whenever when he is in contact with one or more persons. Jesus could never prove himself unless somebody was around him. As a Christian myself, I live and work in a large city. Staying positive with Jesus within me, I learn to control my thoughts when it comes to choosing the right foods where a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables and protein such as chicken or eggs can keep my mind and body healthy. I do not suffer any disease because Jesus is my spiritual healer and protector against Satan's constant deception. I do make mistakes and correct them by not repeating those mistakes again, such as forgetting to put the milk bottle back in the fridge when I was in a hurry to get to work early morning (noticed the time on my mobile phone - late to work). My imagination about Jesus and his most advanced community: his kingdom - is always reminding me to stay positive when I am in a peaceful environment, and when the streets are noiseless at night time, before I go to sleep in my bedroom.:*:.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lemon-aid stand

Sep 12, 2011
canada
✟422.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please help! I have been praying for what seems forever - with no answer from God at all. It actually has gotten to the point that I feel God has forgotten me, pushed me to the background and doesn't care about me anymore. I am becoming rather depressed about life and don't want to carry on this way. Please help me pray or tell me if I'm praying in the wrong way. :prayer:[/quo

hey karenm, just so that you don't feel too insignificant.. daniel the prophet prayed 21 days before he had his answer. but when the angel gabriel appeared. he told daniel that when daniel first started praying, God heard his prayer.. remember that we don't see the big picture..
this is where faith plays a big part in our christian walk.. have patience, and take rest in knowing that whatever the reason for what seems a delay in God's response. his answer will be tailored to fit you, and more so, His sovereign plan.. in Christ.. dale

Upvote 0