USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess we need to OWN what we are :) Its a truth yet not seeing all of it. I also have a choice.. I put on then NEW man. Yet.. I am still in this flesh and.. have to own or face the face that SIN is in this flesh and small or great ... holy JESUS.. He paid it all. PRAISE YOU FATHER!

Faith? "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." "For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see?"

We can all get stuck on "works" but.. faith.. just doesn't seem to get talked about at all. Every thing we see well "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." Faith.. its knowing God hears you when you pray...on and on. "So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead." works.. We have the classic yet best.. Noah.. told what was coming.. saw nothing.. day after day.. nothing changed. YET... he built a boat..knowing what he didn't see was coming. Calling those things that be not as though they were.

How many times do we stand when we see nothing. When the world is telling us one thing. What is unseen is more real then all of this we see. You read that word.. matters not what people say what you see or hear or feel. You stand on His word because HE can not lie. I am not going to be saved or working to be saved.. as its written "we were saved". I cant see it feel it .. I have have His word..faith.

Forgive me for not going on and on about Martin :)

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess we need to OWN what we are :) Its a truth yet not seeing all of it. I also have a choice.. I put on then NEW man. Yet.. I am still in this flesh and.. have to own or face the face that SIN is in this flesh and small or great ... holy JESUS.. He paid it all. PRAISE YOU FATHER!

Actually 1 John 1:7 says if you walk in the light as He (Christ) is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin (Note: Walking in the light is loving your brother, see 1 John 2:8-11). 1 John 1:9 says if we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin. How can Jesus forgive future sin if you also have to confess of it? It makes no sense. Why tell us to walk in the light (love our brother) as a part of the blood of Jesus cleansing us if there is no need to walk in the light and you can just believe in Jesus alone? Again, it makes no sense. 1 John 3:15 says that if you hate your brother you are like a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life in him. Romans 13:8-10 says that loving your neighbor (i.e. which would include loving your brother) is the equivalent of the Moral Law (like: Do not kill, do not covet, do not steal, etc.). In other words, if we are not keeping the Moral Law, no eternal life abides in us.
Well, that is if you believe the plain words of John (that is).

You said:
Faith? "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." "For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see?"

We can all get stuck on "works" but.. faith.. just doesn't seem to get talked about at all. Every thing we see well "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." Faith.. its knowing God hears you when you pray...on and on. "So too, faith by itself, if it is not complemented by action, is dead." works.. We have the classic yet best.. Noah.. told what was coming.. saw nothing.. day after day.. nothing changed. YET... he built a boat..knowing what he didn't see was coming. Calling those things that be not as though they were.

How many times do we stand when we see nothing. When the world is telling us one thing. What is unseen is more real then all of this we see. You read that word.. matters not what people say what you see or hear or feel. You stand on His word because HE can not lie. I am not going to be saved or working to be saved.. as its written "we were saved". I cant see it feel it .. I have have His word..faith.

Forgive me for not going on and on about Martin

James says show me your faith by your works (James 2:18).
For a faith without works is dead (James 2:17).
Can a dead faith save anyone?
Surely not.
For without faith, it is impossible to please God (See Hebrews 11:6).
James 2:24 says we are justified by works and not by faith alone.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for the mention of 1 John 1:8:

Well, what is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 changes the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief that John was warning the brethren against by those gnostics who were trying to seduce them (See 1 John 2:26). Most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned at some point in their life (Regardless of whether they are an OSAS believer or a Conditional Salvationist). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their sins are paid for: Past, present, and future by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As for the mention of 1 John 1:8:

Well, what is helpful in understanding 1 John 1:8 is looking at its immediate context. 1 John 1:10 says if we say we have not sinned. 1 John 1:10 changes the declaration on committing sin in verse 8 (which is present tense) to a declaration on committing sin being a past declaration (with verse 10). Verse 10 is saying there are people who said they have not sinned (past tense). This is clearly a gnostic belief that John was warning the brethren against by those gnostics who were trying to seduce them (See 1 John 2:26). Most believers today hold to the idea that they have sinned at some point in their life (Regardless of whether they are an OSAS believer or a Conditional Salvationist). 1 John 1:8 is a present declaration of sin. It is saying if we say we have no sin when we do sin (present tense). This has to be the interpretative understanding of this verse because 1 John 2:4 says if we say we know Him and do not keep His commandments we are a liar and the truth is not in us. The OSAS's interpretation on 1 John 1:8 does not work because it conflicts with a normal reading on 1 John 2:3-4. You cannot always be in sin (breaking God's commands) as a part of 1 John 1:8 and yet also fulfill 1 John 2:3 that says we can have an assurance of knowing Him if we keep His commandments. Especially when 1 John 2:4 says we are a liar and the truth is not in us if we break his commandments. In other words, if the OSAS interpretation on 1 John 1:8 was true, then I would be damned if I do by obeying God's commands (1 John 1:8) and yet I would be damned if I don't by not obeying God's commands (1 John 2:4).

In fact, the New English Translation says this for 1 John 1:8,

"If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us." (1 John 1:8 NET).​

In other words, this verse is saying that if a person sins and says they do not bear the guilt of sin (in the sense that they will not have to face any wrath or Judgment from God over their sin) then they would be deceiving themselves and the truth would not be in them. This is exactly what the Eternal Security proposes. They are saying that they do not bear the guilt of any sin (destruction of their soul and body in hell fire) if they do sin because they believe their sins are paid for: Past, present, and future by Jesus. They are saying, they do not bear the guilt or the punishment of sin at the final Judgment because of their belief on Jesus. In short, 1 John 1:8 is a denial of the existence of sin on some level. “If we say we have no sin (in the sense that it does not exist) we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8). Christian Scientists think sin is an illusion and does not exist at all. So this verse would apply to them. Eternal Security Proponents and those who deny that “Sin Can Separate a Believer from God” deny the existence of sin partially. They believe sin exists physically but they do not believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because Jesus has forgiven them of all their sin by their belief on Jesus. In fact, to see just how silly your argument actually is for 1 John 1:8, you would have to believe that you are sinning right now at this very moment in order for such a verse to be true because 1 John 1:8 is speaking in the present tense.

Thats a lot to say, about what 1 John 1:8-10 says so plainly. I think it speaks pretty clearly for itself. IMO

Upvote 0