Sep 21, 2006
Chicago
✟12,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I just started going to a Bible Church about a month ago and I love it. When I got married I became Catholic...when my kids started to get older I felt a calling that my life wasn't being fullfilled in the Catholic church. After months of praying God kept telling me to go to this one church. I did and I love it. The kids enjoy the Children's Ministry and I love the fact I can now pay attention in church.

My husband being Catholic all his life is some what supportive or at least I thought he was. Last week Time magazine came out with an article on "Mega Churches" and now he is less supportive. I know his family would never approve of the kids being raised anything but Catholic or approve of him not being Catholic.

Is there anyone out there having the same problem? His family doesn't know and I haven't told them. That isn't lying is it? My FIL thinks it is so cool that my 4 year old can resite Genisis 1:1. Everytime he asks her to say it I think if he only knew where she learned it, he probably won't think it is so cool.:sigh:

TexasGirl06

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2006
Texas
✟13,303.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How exciting that you were led to a Bible based church. :clap:

Biblically, you are called to be submissive to your husband.
That's not a bad thing at all.
You are under him...and he is under Christ.
It's a huge responsibility for your husband.

Just be sure that what you are doing at this new church....is okay with your husband.
Pray for him...and hopefully he will soon be there, worshiping with you.

I want to share a Bible verse with you.
It was one that I had to memorize last week...so it is fresh on my mind.

I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith, from first to last, Just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith".

I know that you are young in the Christian faith....
so I will enourage you to not feel "embarassed" to state where you have been attending church.

I know it causes issues. Been there and done that.
Got lots of t-shirts. :blush:

Honor your husband.
The Lord will bless that.
It's really important.

Welcome to the Kingdom of God.
I'm really excited for you.
Be Blessed !!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.