• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Extremism in Climatology

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Heissonear, Dec 18, 2014.

1. hurste1951

hurste1951 Member

+12
    Agnostic
    Married
    Here is an assessment of the magnitude and direction of the various forcings that affect the climate.

[​IMG]

The x-axis shows the units of radiative forcing in watts/sq. meter

This is a somewhat oversimplified version of what role the oceans play. Almost no one who actually studies oceanography would think of the ocean as a simple block of water like some sort of giant heat sink. The oceans are dynamic and have a lot of currents moving energy around.

According to NOAA:

The IPCC has an extensive discussion of what is known and still debated about the coupled ocean-atmosphere system. You can read it here: 1.4.6 Ocean and Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Dynamics - AR4 WGI Chapter 1: Historical Overview of Climate Change Science

Apparently not according to the scientists.

While the IR may not penetrate very deeply remember that the oceans are not homogenous blocks of water. They have CURRENTS and upwelling and downwelling.

Anyone who studies oceanography knows this. This is part and parcel of how energy within the oceans is transported.

2. Heissonear

Heissonear Geochemist and Stratigrapher Supporter

+953
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Apparently needed to be stated again (and maybe again and again), to put "Extremism Climate Science" in its place, even their fancy (and of course hypothetical) graphs and all.

:) Well over 50% of the earths equator is ocean.

Most of the earths surface is oceans, polewards gyre, super cold polar regions, and lets not forget that just a few thousand feet above the earths surface the atmosphere is below -40°C temperature and the ocean floor seawater is near freezing point <34°F.

Small details that we are surrounded by frigid environments on earth.

Yea, 120 ppm (yes, parts per million) additional CO2 in the atmosphere is the elephant in the room, per Alarmism. Erroneous "natural science" that shows off-balance and over promotion in our day and age. In the Last Days, men will say ....... that are wrong conclusions, for sake of personal gain through delusion.

Meanwhile we are surrounded on earth by freezing and polar environments. The elephant Climate Extremists di not state nor put in perspective to their claims. I'm glad God had me study and become a natural scientist, to deal with Natural Extremism of our day.

3. hurste1951

hurste1951 Member

+12
    Agnostic
    Married
    In the atmosphere there's less than 3% of which is greenhouse gas. Water is not a good "forcing" as much as it is "feedback" since it can easily adjust to changes in temperature and water content.

This <3% of the atmosphere is why we have a surface temperature higher than -15deg C.

Without any greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, even if it were still mostly oxygen, and nitrogren, we would have an ice cube of a planet.

This is how greenhouse gases work. You can easily calculate it for yourself. Without a greenhouse gas content in the earth's atmosphere which amounts to less than 3% of the atmosphere (and even then the important ones like CO2 are only a couple hundred ppm) the earth would radiate its heat back out at the black body temperature of the planet. Which is right at about -15degC.

Thankfully God called a lot MORE people to understand the science.

You scream this non-stop jeremiad against science you don't like and call others "extremists"?

4. leftrightleftrightleft

leftrightleftrightleft Well-Known Member

+353
    Seeker
    Married
    How do you determine what is misinformation and what is fact?

What motive do thousands of climate scientists uniformly have for misinforming the public via scientific articles that the vast majority of the public will never read?

Unless you start providing citations on your posts, this will be the last time I respond to your replies. As I said, I lose my patience with those who do not back up their claims. In this thread, I have provided multiple sources, websites and journal articles to support my claims; you have provided none.

I base my conclusions off the scientific literature because if not that, then what? Fairies and trolls? As I cited earlier, Lean et al (1995) did a comprehensive study and made their conclusions.

I'm not just basing this off random opinions and political blogs. This is based off calculations, physics, math, observations, computer models. Science.

Care to do give some citations or crunch the numbers? Stop hiding behind vague qualitative statements.

People have done the calculations and have crunched the numbers and they have come to conclusion that CO2 is an important driver. And they came to this conclusion 40 years ago and study after study after study confirms it.

"I" would not be the one that forgot it. It would be thousand of scientists who forgot about it. Maybe if you crunch the numbers and truly have a case, you could write to Leah et al and tell them where they made their error.

So, if it isn't the CO2, then remind me again, what is it that is causing the observed heating since the 1850s?

Is it solar irradiance? Give me something concrete.

(Emphasis mine)

Be more specific on the bolded bit. What natural factors and processes?

5. Heissonear

+953
    Non-Denom
    Married

It is clear on the issue of climate science you follow and put your trust in what men say.

Read 1John 2:20, 27

As a fellow brother in Christ I encourage you to not follow men, but as you spiritually mature let His anointing show you good from evil, right from wrong, truth from error.

6. leftrightleftrightleft

leftrightleftrightleft Well-Known Member

+353
    Seeker
    Married
    ^_^^_^^_^^_^

This has nothing to do with God. Based on your reply, I assume you have nothing more to say because you are wrong. You are wrong. You are wrong.

Thanks for the discussion.

7. Heissonear

+953
    Non-Denom
    Married
    As time progresses we are real-time observing the "Extremism" and "shady science" behind the Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming movement in history.

Climategate was a mere wakeup call to what will be furthers exposed in history about "credibility in academia" and from "politicized scientific organizations", even government based scientific agencies.

The Scare was through Extremism. The below is appropriate at this point in time.

The Climate wars &#8211; toward a washup review. | Scottish Sceptic

8. Heissonear

+953
    Non-Denom
    Married
    A mere -44°F in north central Siberia today and predicted -50°F over the weekend. Lovely weather for earthlings. Sounds like CO2 is kicking in against "natural earth cooling factors".

Put these natural cooling factors on earth into your hypothetical numerical climate models and calculate earths global temperatures coming in the next six decades.

Climate scientists think they can promote future Catastrophies before the masses. Fortunately the masses are learning their pseudo-science and over hyped predictions of doom and gloom, give us money.

That is the production and product of Extremism in Climatology.