Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
By the way...how can you* get them to change?

If any change happens, it's the Holy Spirit of God?

And who else are you mad at? A government doesn't endorse your religion and claim that no one comes to the Father but by Christ, but rather, allows people to worship Allah, become Hindi, and then, raise their children that way?? Won't someone pleeeeeease think of the children??

My understanding of Christianity is that to simplify it Christ taught us to act lovingly towards all others. That's how people will know you are his disciples, and in doing that, love the Father.

I want people to respect my religion, so I respect others' right to Freedom of Religion as well. I remember what Jesus said to the sheep and goats, and have empathy for those who are hungry, homeless, or ill, and do what I can to help them.

I practice my religion, not demand that other people follow mine.

And sometimes, I wonder if we aren't worshipping very different gods, when Christ told us to remove the log from our eye before focusing on the speck of others, when he freely forgave sin, rather than yelling at people to repent, would never justify discrimination or bullying, never dehumanized people but rather, showed them that they were loved by the Father, while the Pharisees, so full of self-righteousness, condemned others to exalt themselves by comparison, and thinking the very God they preached about they considered and enemy and thought to destroy.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I came to Christ 4 months ago so still new. This is my second post. This apparent fear and hatred and finger pointing is precisely the thing that turns non-believers off to Christ. This I know. It's ok to have an opinion but there just has to be a better way to deal with it. My two cents.
There should not be hatred of anyone. This does not mean we accept what they do.

It certainly does not mean we accept when they abuse others, hurt others, force their sinful ways on others ... especially children in the name of correctness.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We need to learn to love everyone instead of being angry at them. We need to love people who enjoy homosexuality, who steal from others, who commit adultery, who participate in child beauty pageants, and who try to indoctrinate children with newly invented genders. Just because we don't appreciate their actions doesn't mean we should reject them or be scared of them. Some people have a propensity for violent actions, even murder, and Jesus accepts them all. We should welcome all of these people, including LGBTQ people into our lives instead of rejecting them.There is no discrimination by God for our actions so we should forgive people as he forgives us.
We do love these people.. We condemn their actions. We do not love them because they "enjoy homosexuality"... We should love them enough to show them that that life style is sinful. Just as is the life of a thief, drug addict, cheat, womanizer, racist, liar, abuser, adulterer...

We love them so much we don't allow them to continue without telling them that what they are doing is wrong.

However, we never abuse, insult, hurt or ridicule them.. We give them truth and let them decide what they will do with it.

Anything that is breaking the law of man.. will be handled by those that enforce those laws..

Upvote 0

Quietus

Lost Cause
Mar 29, 2020
St. Louis
✟7,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One’s sexuality and gender identity tends to be conflated with their identity as a person. Who they are. This is the root of the issue, when dealing with those in the LGBTQ. You attack their sexuality, or the fact that they are transgender, and you attack who they are, essentially. The sin has become an identity. I say this as someone who is ex-LGBTQ myself.

I feel that the key is to teach Christ in a way in which they can understand that He is to be their identity.

I think also, since their sin is also rooted in Eros, it feels painful, because who really wants to resign themselves to a lifetime of loneliness, or celibacy? Not many. I was able to do it, but many cannot.

It is difficult to think that having romantic feelings for someone else is a bad thing. It feels like a punishment. It doesn’t help when you have folks screaming, “Turn or burn”, or calling them names, or outright persecuting them (as we used to do in the past, and many countries still do today).

Upvote 0

axelthefox

Mar 26, 2020
Anywhere
✟26,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One’s sexuality and gender identity tends to be conflated with their identity as a person. Who they are. This is the root of the issue, when dealing with those in the LGBTQ. You attack their sexuality, or the fact that they are transgender, and you attack who they are, essentially. The sin has become an identity. I say this as someone who is ex-LGBTQ myself.

I feel that the key is to teach Christ in a way in which they can understand that He is to be their identity.

I think also, since their sin is also rooted in Eros, it feels painful, because who really wants to resign themselves to a lifetime of loneliness, or celibacy? Not many. I was able to do it, but many cannot.

It is difficult to think that having romantic feelings for someone else is a bad thing. It feels like a punishment. It doesn’t help when you have folks screaming, “Turn or burn”, or calling them names, or outright persecuting them (as we used to do in the past, and many countries still do today).

Yeah. Of course i think one thing that religious people should do is to preach love, instead of keep saying that they will go to hell if they don't convert. Cause i think preaching stuff like they will go to hell often causes them to feel hurt. I know of what i speak, Often when you insult someone, they often stop listening to any discussion you might have due to insulting them.

Like this guy in the video says the best way to reach sinners is to preach love to them, instead of telling them that they will go to hell.

Reactions: Beanieboy
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Why was no one upset with Milton Burl doing drag, Flip Wilson doing drag, Harvey Kormen doing drag, Robin Williams doing drag in Mrs Doubtfire, Tim Hanks doing drag in Busom Buddies...

Shall I go on?

It's a character people play, that's it.

If you are referring to drag story time hour, I would ask you to go to the website and actually learn the truth.

But I have to ask, why is there a need for people to lie about such things?

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah. Of course i think one thing that religious people should do is to preach love, instead of keep saying that they will go to hell if they don't convert. Cause i think preaching stuff like they will go to hell often causes them to feel hurt. I know of what i speak, Often when you insult someone, they often stop listening to any discussion you might have due to insulting them.

Like this guy in the video says the best way to reach sinners is to preach love to them, instead of telling them that they will go to hell.

And that's why Christ spoke the way he did to the Pharisees.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!

This is righteous anger because it fits with God's character and view of His creation. To answer your question, you can't make anyone repent. I know how much you want them to be saved, but if they don't hear truth for what it is, that is their problem. We can only pray for them that they might see and then repent.
I ask God to give me the words to speak since I myself cannot save anyone. Even when Jesus Christ walked the earth for His ministry, there were many who didn't hear and yet many who did. We can't make a goat a sheep, only God can do that. Hope this helps you. :yellowheart:

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do think the corruption of children will be dealt with more harshly.
once the topic of homosexuality comes up, many Christians evoke the notion of corrupting children.
Did you back it up by anything? No. Here, you just accuse.
And it is these accusations against the LGBT community from the Christian ranks that apparently never comes documented by anything, which is dangerous I think. Neither by scripture nor by science.
You did cite a verse (Matthew 18:6) but that one didn't show that LGBT people corrupt children indeed. That passage didn't mention gays to begin with.
So maybe you may want to provide a source now?
Is there any science or Bible supporting this claim that lesbians corrupt children?

Calling homosexuality "the sin of Sodom" when there was rape in Sodom... means calling homosexuality a sin and ignoring (attempted) rape. That's not fair. Even Christians need to take rape seriously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is very clear. Yes we are to welcome and love sinners without condemnation, just like Jesus did.

But Paul was just as clear; if a believer is sinning and refuses correction from 2 or 3 or the whole church, we are to avoid them.
So you're saying kick the gay out if he stays gay or if he keeps practicing a gay life.
However, noone applies the same standard to remarried couples, as far as I know. They always stay.
I'm talking about couples that had been divorced without adultery being involved.
So, Lesbians are made to leave church and remarried couples are invited to stay where they are. The latter have many friends in churches and people who stand up for their cause. LGBT people don't have any friends at church. Only enemies, it seems.
This is where I see the discrimination occuring in the churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
once the topic of homosexuality comes up, many Christians evoke the notion of corrupting children.
And it is these accusations against the LGBT community from the Christian ranks that apparently never comes documented by anything, which is dangerous I think. Neither by scripture nor by science.
You did cite a verse (Matthew 18:6) but that one didn't show that LGBT people corrupt children indeed. That passage didn't mention gays to begin with.
Is there any science or Bible supporting this claim that lesbians corrupt children?

Calling homosexuality "the sin of Sodom" when there was rape in Sodom... means calling homosexuality a sin and ignoring (attempted) rape. That's not fair. Even Christians need to take rape seriously.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but what I am talking about are groups that come into schools and start promoting both homosexual and transexual lifestyles as being good things to young children.
Since you also think teens should be free to have sex I am not surprised if you think this form of advertising to children is just fine too. We are not talking highschool curriculum here but children as young as 4 years old. Links were given on this thread. It's not an accusation, it's a fact that it's happening in schools. No one is saying lesbians corrupt children, what corrupts children is having lessons on sinful behaviours advertised as good and healthy. Being homosexual itself isn't the sin it's submersing one's thoughts and practising it. The same way being heterosexual isn't a sin, but a man who watches inappropriate contentography while married has committed adultery. We are called to purity. All these sins are equally as sinful, I make no distinction between them.

Matthew 5:27-28
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Romans 1:24-27
Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Sex belongs only in marriage to the person you are married to. God says that everything outside of that is sin. It doesn't matter if its the sin of sodomy, adultery, fornication, inappropriate contentography or any other sexual sin. All are equally as sinful. Did I say in any place that rape is not a serious sexual sin? It's far worse since it's a sin against someone else as well as being a sin against the person who does it, but this is not the topic of this thread.

Homosexual practices and fornicators only commit sin against themselves not others.
1 Corinthians 6:18
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Purity is for all Christians
1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one transgress and wrong his brother in this matter, because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you. For God has not called us for impurity, but in holiness.
As to what we do, it's not our place to tell others what to do with their life apart from share the gospel if they are unsaved and scriptures on purity if they are.

However, if anyone hurts children this becomes everybody's business.
Matthew 18:6
6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the different types of pronouns
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!

Not to judge is something that is often misused. By shining a light on the sin and trying to help isn't judging. You must make sure your children know the truth and don't socialize with the LGBT. Pushing this agenda in schools serves only to corrupt.

We wouldn't approve or accept any other sinners in our schools that tried to push an agenda. I've yet to see anyone calling for acceptance of drunks, thieves, murderers, etc. Always speak out and don't hide in the darkness out of fear. I'm sure you will find plenty of support. Let your light shine.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Not to judge is something that is often misused. By shining a light on the sin and trying to help isn't judging. You must make sure your children know the truth and don't socialize with the LGBT. Pushing this agenda in schools serves only to corrupt.

We wouldn't approve or accept any other sinners in our schools that tried to push an agenda. I've yet to see anyone calling for acceptance of drunks, thieves, murderers, etc. Always speak out and don't hide in the darkness out of fear. I'm sure you will find plenty of support. Let your light shine.
Absolutely....

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you're saying kick the gay out if he stays gay or if he keeps practicing a gay life.
You're not listening ... to me, or the Bible.

The only people you 'kick out' are believers who refuse correction.

And whether they are gay or hetero fornicators, does not matter.

It's a horrible thing that the Bible is so out of touch with today's world.

The question is, which are you going to follow - God's word, or the world's?

Choose you today who you will follow.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the different types of pronouns
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

1. Does it occur to you that you are talking about human beings when you say the word "crap" here?

2. Does it occur to you that, perhaps, your anger here does not come from a place of righteousness, but sinfulness, and that you ought to be the one seeking repentance?

You say you are angry that people are pointing you to Scripture and to Jesus Christ. Perhaps consider yourself here. You want to point the finger outward to all these "nasty" people out there. But you aren't willing to consider the state of your own heart here. Remember what the Prophet Jeremiah says, "The heart is deceitful above all else, and desperately sick, who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9). The Apostle St. Paul reminds us, "There is no one who does good, not even one." (Romans 3:12). And the Lord Himself tells us "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3).

Recognize your own sinfulness, your own flesh here. Consider the animosity of your flesh against your neighbor; and rather than being angry, pray, pray "Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner." Love your neighbor, if there is something you maybe don't understand, learn. And pray hard. Drown yourself daily in repentance.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No offense, but I'm preeeetty sure one of the primary activists who were trying to push the pro-LGBT+ view back in the 80's-90's explicitly said he wanted to do so in order to have sex with children--specifically, young boys. The LGBT has a long complicated past with pedophiles, and even now pedophiles are going under the term 'MAP' (minor-attracted-person)in order to somehow fit into the LGBT+ sphere.

Furthermore, there are children being treated as early as 9-12 with hormones because they're 'transgender', and cases even younger than that of parents referring to their children as 'they/them' or other ambiguous pronouns because they don't want to raise them as their biological sex, so they can 'choose' what gender they are(this is especially popular in sweden, which I believe coined the pronoun 'hen')

As for drag time story hour, there is absolutely NO reason a child should be in contact with a drag queen. Drag, in essence, is a fetish; do you really want your child to be interested in people with names like 'Phallic C*nt', 'Anna Bortion', 'Avery Goodlay'(say that slowly a few times), or 'Malestia Child'? Because those are real drag queens, not the child-friendly version touted at libraries and public events. What's worse is that they're trying to get children into this hobby as well--just a quick search on 'Desmond is amazing' will yield results of a young drag queen who has been allowed to perform and dance provocatively in a gay nightclub, had an interview with a LITERAL murderer, and is infamous for a youtube video where he sat half-out-of-it with another drag queen talking about ketamine shots on the couch.

...Obviously this doesn't represent the LGBT+ as a whole. I know many members of the group are disgusted by this, but there are scary amounts of members who advocate this crap in the name of being 'progressive' and 'anti-bigoted'. So yes, parents have every right to be worried about their children in this sphere.

Reactions: Lybrah
Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you are talking about
backing up accusations using sources. Didn't I say?
so you say there are groups coming to school telling children being gay is good?
Do you know what would have happened to me if I heard this kind of message? Nothing in regard to my sexuality.
It's not an accusation
please coffee. This is what you wrote:

I do think the corruption of children will be dealt with more harshly.
Matthew 18:6
what corrupts children is having lessons on sinful behaviours advertised as good and healthy.
this is what you keep avoiding backing up using facts&figures.
I think you might have the idea that a straight child becomes gay just for hearing such a message? Then back it up. Using sources please. Please cite the numbers of the changes in sexuality due to lessons.

I also take issue with the way you talk about inappropriate contentography. There are couples watching it together.

Upvote 0

thomas_t

Blessings Collector
Nov 9, 2019
Bamberg
✟33,904.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're not listening ... to me, or the Bible.
I listen to the Bible and I read your quote. God is no respecter of persons (Bible says this). Kicking the gay out and leaving remarried couples in place (those who did not divorce for adultery) is not fair.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.