Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, he loved them. He also rebuked. So how do you tell someone the truth or point them towards Jesus by doing it lovingly? Is that respectful conversation?
Lovingly always works. The Gospel is "Good News".
Be blessed

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I did that. it was a dead end.

Almost all modern critical translations that include the pericope adulterae do so at John 7:53–8:11. Exceptions include the New English Bible and Revised English Bible, which relocate the pericope after the end of the Gospel. Most others enclose the pericope in brackets, and/or add a footnote mentioning the absence of the passage in the oldest witnesses (e.g., NRSV, NJB, NIV, GNT, NASB).

Jesus and the woman taken in adultery - Wikipedia

John 7:53-8:11 King James Version (KJV)

53 And every man went unto his own house.

8 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The King James included it, that is good enough for me.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all

What bible verses are they using? Jw

Yes there is a curriculum that has been adopted in Canada. It's called "SOGI" I'd love nothing more than to shut it down.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

John 7:53-8:11 King James Version (KJV)

53 And every man went unto his own house.

8 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The King James included it, that is good enough for me.

This passage from John was almost certainly a later addition to scripture. That is why many versions of the Bible place it in brackets. The earliest Greek manuscripts do not include it.

That doesn’t mean that it is out of character with what Jesus would have done in such a situation.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the different types of pronouns
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!
"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. " - James 1:19-20

You want the righteousness of God in these people's lives, don't you? If so, you absolutely have to not get angry like you describe. They leverage attitudes like that to further their agenda. This is an extension of the general principle that I have found true in my life - the angrier I get, the less I get what I want, and I get angry when I don't get what I want. So I have to recognize it and control it right there if I want to beat what is angering me.

When it comes to people, it goes both ways too. Not a few liberals get completely unhinged when they see or hear of the conservative Christian message. You absolutely have to be the calmer and more rational person when your ideas meet theirs. You can then come off as the better person, which helps the Christian agenda and degrades theirs. Furthermore, you might actually begin to show genuine love to them, bringing you closer to full obedience to God.

• Winner
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,513.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When it comes to people, it goes both ways too. Not a few liberals get completely unhinged when they see or hear of the conservative Christian message. You absolutely have to be the calmer and more rational person when your ideas meet theirs. You can then come off as the better person, which helps the Christian agenda and degrades theirs. Furthermore, you might actually begin to show genuine love to them, bringing you closer to full obedience to God.

Sorry, but the entire agenda of exposing children who aren't even teenagers yet to LGBTQ indoctrination is perverse. Let kids be kids and keep this sexual talk for highschool.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, but the entire agenda of exposing children who aren't even teenagers yet to LGBTQ indoctrination is perverse. Let kids be kids and keep this sexual talk for highschool.
I don't disagree with that. But nobody who is as angry as the OP describes will be a good representative of that view.

Also, Christian Advice is not for debating the advice that is given.

• Winner
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
You can call it indoctrination if you like, but elementary school kids are going to have friends with parents of the same gender, and there are kids with non-traditional genders. I very much doubt that they're teaching young kids what kinds of sex acts are involved. Schools have an interest in making sure that kids from all of these backgrounds are respected and treated well. Pretty much everyone except conservative Christians (including at least half of Christians) think this is a reasonable idea.

I understand that this is disconcerting to some Christians. But anger won't help anyone, and it's worth starting by understanding the perspective of the people you disagree with.

When I was in school in the 50s and 60s, they taught us about customs of various religions and cultures, again with the idea of getting kids familiar with differences and able to accept each other.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!

One thing I learned over the years is that it is not us who make people turn to God, it is the Holy Spirit. I was atheist before and was on the other side, and without Holy Spirit moving me I am blind, just can't turn. It might sound strange to people who are life long Christians, but before God cleared my eyes so that I can see, the truth is bent for me.

So yes we should pray for them that God can open their eyes, and pray for us as well so we have a softer heart. It is almost like a play, we playing and Angles/us watching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your reaction reminds me of the people whom I just talked with who hated the Chinese or blamed them for the coronavirus. That isn't true, but they were prejudiced and just had to blame somebody and were angry.

It could lead to an unfounded hate feeling and that's when one gets into trouble. I've had times when I judged somebody too quickly and lost my patience with them. It was probably my attitude that I couldn't see, and it made it worse. Thus, while it is their sin that you hate, it does not help to hate them or be angry with them as people. That would put you in the wrong and it may be cause for you not to judge the situation in a fair manner nor act in a way that is appropriate. Maybe it has nothing to do with you, but something about what you think about them makes you emotional and negative towards them. That's not a healthy situation as it could make one act negatively.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:13

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:26-27

What the Bible tells us is that God has made the sin of being gay the punishment in and of itself. Apparently, even if they are married, they have a hard time being faithful to one another. Eventually, this leads to disease, unhappiness, and early death. It doesn't appear to be a happy life despite what we think. The name for it as gay is a misnomer. We do not know the entire situation because it is their private lives. They have a right to be happy since this is what they chose. Thus, I say live and let live, but this is not the life for me; God has said it is sinful. I think this is what he warned us against. I try not to judge others unless I am forced to.

• Winner
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be very angry. But not at the gay people themselves. They are just messed up sinners like everyone else. Be angry at the social acceptance of it. At the righteousness of it. Therein is the real wickedness. What two gay people do to each other in private is on their heads alone. It doesn't impact others. But the social acceptance of it falls upon the heads of the entire nation.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

The LGTB community is not the enemy they are our mission. They may respond to the gospel but in the end they need to respond to Christ. Christ tells us to deny our self to follow him. So who or what is our identity?

Ask anyone who they are and their top answers are the things they need to deny, with the LGTB community they have high identiy with their sexuality or gender where typically heterosexuals don't have high identiy with their sexuality or gender (it's a part of who they are but it's not something often articulated)

For example if you ask someone who they are and they say "I identify as a male and I am attracted to other males..." they have identified the things that are most important to them and Christ calls them to deny it. If they say "I'm an engineer, husband and father of 3..." they have identified career and family as what's most important and they need to deny these things to follow Christ.

To each person "Self" is different. Christ calls us to deny them to follow him

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We were told thousands of years ago it would get like this.

Hang on, because it's going to get worse.
I suspect much worse. That's all we've seen is it getting worse and worse and that's scriptural.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

My wife teaches third grade and agrees with you.

Thank God she is retiring in two years. There is talk regarding MANY unmoral things that elementary school teachers will be required to teach the little ones in the future.

True -- devil's playground down here.
Have mercy on us Dear Lord.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Lybrah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be very angry. But not at the gay people themselves. They are just messed up sinners like everyone else. Be angry at the social acceptance of it. At the righteousness of it. Therein is the real wickedness. What two gay people do to each other in private is on their heads alone. It doesn't impact others. But the social acceptance of it falls upon the heads of the entire nation.

I think that’s pretty much it.

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your reaction reminds me of the people whom I just talked with who hated the Chinese or blamed them for the coronavirus. That isn't true, but they were prejudiced and just had to blame somebody and were angry.

It could lead to an unfounded hate feeling and that's when one gets into trouble. I've had times when I judged somebody too quickly and lost my patience with them. It was probably my attitude that I couldn't see, and it made it worse. Thus, while it is their sin that you hate, it does not help to hate them or be angry with them as people. That would put you in the wrong and it may be cause for you not to judge the situation in a fair manner nor act in a way that is appropriate. Maybe it has nothing to do with you, but something about what you think about them makes you emotional and negative towards them. That's not a healthy situation as it could make one act negatively.

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:13

"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1:26-27

What the Bible tells us is that God has made the sin of being gay the punishment in and of itself. Apparently, even if they are married, they have a hard time being faithful to one another. Eventually, this leads to disease, unhappiness, and early death. It doesn't appear to be a happy life despite what we think. The name for it as gay is a misnomer. We do not know the entire situation because it is their private lives. They have a right to be happy since this is what they chose. Thus, I say live and let live, but this is not the life for me; God has said it is sinful. I think this is what he warned us against. I try not to judge others unless I am forced to.

I disagree. The live and let live part is social acceptance. Like the post above, two people keeping it to themselves is between them and God. But when we embrace it, encourage young people to do it, that it’s normal and okay and natural, that I will not do. I will not live and let live. That’s forcing me to go against God. Making laws and threatening people’s jobs is not cool. You can’t force someone to accept your lifestyle on pain of ruin.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Be very angry. But not at the gay people themselves. They are just messed up sinners like everyone else.

Be angry at the social acceptance of it. At the righteousness of it. Therein is the real wickedness. What two gay people do to each other in private is on their heads alone. It doesn't impact others. But the social acceptance of it falls upon the heads of the entire nation.

OK but, they are cramming their sin down everyone else's throats.

Keep your sin over there.
We have enough to deal with.

The important thing to remember is the echo of Matthew 18:6 in the last stanza, where it states that the people who offend the little children are sent to the seas with millstones around their necks. It means people who mistreat or abuse children suffer a gruesome death and go to hell.

A Millstone Around One's Neck - Meaning and Sentences - Literary Devices

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-2_6-34-47.png
    upload_2020-4-2_6-34-47.png
    282 bytes · Views: 4
  • Agree
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK but, they are cramming their sin down everyone else's throats.

Keep your sin over there.
We have enough to deal with.

The important thing to remember is the echo of Matthew 18:6 in the last stanza, where it states that the people who offend the little children are sent to the seas with millstones around their necks. It means people who mistreat or abuse children suffer a gruesome death and go to hell.

A Millstone Around One's Neck - Meaning and Sentences - Literary Devices
Naturally. Sinners pursuing a sin always seek to justify it and legitimize it. That's pretty much a given for most all sins. But society can ignore that and not share its guilt. But when the acceptance of some sin by the general population becomes the ultimate fruit of that acceptance effort is when the real guilt of the nation begins. And that is the trigger to God rising up and responding accordingly. A nation is not damned because it contains sinners. It is damned because it embraces their sin.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

This is a winner post...

Others are feeling the same way.. There is a young girl who needs to get more exposure..

You should check out :Cringe Panda...

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.