Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK but, they are cramming their sin down everyone else's throats.

Keep your sin over there.
We have enough to deal with.

The important thing to remember is the echo of Matthew 18:6 in the last stanza, where it states that the people who offend the little children are sent to the seas with millstones around their necks. It means people who mistreat or abuse children suffer a gruesome death and go to hell.

A Millstone Around One's Neck - Meaning and Sentences - Literary Devices
if they don't accept it as sin it doesn't matter how loud you yell it they still won't accept it as sin. Sometimes it's best for a person to accept Christ before they understand what is sinful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anger is a sin as well. I know God has anger but He is perfect so His anger is perfect as well, ours is not. We cannot expect people who not saved to have knowledge of what is righteous and what is sinful. That only comes when God gives us revelation of it. We need to understand these people are acting out of what they think is right, however misguided we find it. I do believe you are right in saying God hates it, but we are/were all sinners only saved by the blood of Christ. These people are just people who need to be saved as we once were. You are judging by your standards. I believe Gods standard is you are a sinner and separated from Him or you are saved and in relation with God. There are no grey areas, its black and whits, sinner or saved. When you stop applying man's levels of sin its easier to treat these people with the same love as you should treat all sinners.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if they don't accept it as sin it doesn't mater how loud you yell it they still won't accept it as sin. Sometimes it's best for a person to accept Christ before they understand what is sinful.
Love and welcome sinners, reject believers who don't accept correction

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love and welcome sinners, reject believers who don't accept correction
Love the sinner, hate the sin is the wrong message as the LGTBQ community doesn't see a separation between who they are and their sexual identity so what they hear is hate who they are. A better message is love the sinner, hate my sin. This still communicates a distancing from sin it just doesn't do it pointing your finger at everyone but rather points it at yourself.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Anger is a sin as well. I know God has anger but He is perfect so His anger is perfect as well, ours is not. We cannot expect people who not saved to have knowledge of what is righteous and what is sinful. That only comes when God gives us revelation of it. We need to understand these people are acting out of what they think is right, however misguided we find it. I do believe you are right in saying God hates it, but we are/were all sinners only saved by the blood of Christ. These people are just people who need to be saved as we once were. You are judging by your standards. I believe Gods standard is you are a sinner and separated from Him or you are saved and in relation with God. There are no grey areas, its black and whits, sinner or saved. When you stop applying man's levels of sin its easier to treat these people with the same love as you should treat all sinners.
I understand what you are saying. However, we can be angry and not sin. This is what we are told to do.

Ephesians 4:26 King James Version (KJV)

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

I also agree that we don't judge as God judges.. We can still judge and know what is blatantly obvious sin.

I could really care less what sinners do in their house or with their lives.. on any topic... However, when they start calling it normal and teaching it to innocent kids.. who haven't a clue what it is they are being made aware of... that is abuse.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
my kid is in 5th grade and NO nurse or teacher has had ANY class about their periods, sex, or anything related

as a parent, we talked in summer before 3rd grade & glad I did as kid's start talking about everything at that age

she came home from school one day and asked about marriage between men
not getting it from the school but other kids!
Well, in Ontario, Canada.. it's part of the curriculum.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love the sinner, hate the sin is the wrong message as the LGTBQ community doesn't see a separation between who they are and their sexual identity so what they hear is hate who they are. A better message is love the sinner, hate my sin. This still communicates a distancing from sin it just doesn't do it pointing your finger at everyone but rather points it at yourself.
?

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to think that most people would want to avoid sexualizing children. Let kids be kids! I'm against child beauty pageants as much as I'm against child drag queens/kings. Both are creepy, disturbing, and amount to abuse in my opinion. It seems to me that most of our LGBTQ neighbors would also take a stand against such things, but I can't speak for them.

That said, I think our education system is hopelessly bloated and corrupt. It isn't so much the teachers themselves as what and how they're told to teach. I don't think there's some kind of gay mafia trying to push a gay agenda, but a bunch of short-sited ideologues with too much power and influence.

I think he's talking about loving sinners while hating one's own sins. Imagine how impactful the Church would be if more people focused on their own problems, and genuinely lived their own faith. More compelling than a bunch of hypocrites pointing fingers, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaems

Apr 1, 2020
Copenhagen
✟8,536.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I came to Christ 4 months ago so still new. This is my second post. This apparent fear and hatred and finger pointing is precisely the thing that turns non-believers off to Christ. This I know. It's ok to have an opinion but there just has to be a better way to deal with it. My two cents.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the different types of pronouns
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!

Well welcome to Lots predicament who had his soul vexed daily by the sin of Sodom and Gommorah.

Pray as God leads you to pray.

YOu are right, you cannot get them to repent, you can only tell them the gospel message of Jesus love and that He died and rose again to deliver them from sin!

We are not responsible for the worlds actions, only our own as individuals. Pray, leave it to God and let His peace keep you calm!

Upvote 0

Leaf Branham

Mar 6, 2020
Perth
✟18,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We need to learn to love everyone instead of being angry at them. We need to love people who enjoy homosexuality, who steal from others, who commit adultery, who participate in child beauty pageants, and who try to indoctrinate children with newly invented genders. Just because we don't appreciate their actions doesn't mean we should reject them or be scared of them. Some people have a propensity for violent actions, even murder, and Jesus accepts them all. We should welcome all of these people, including LGBTQ people into our lives instead of rejecting them.There is no discrimination by God for our actions so we should forgive people as he forgives us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We need to learn to love everyone instead of being angry at them. We need to love people who enjoy homosexuality, who steal from others, who commit adultery, who participate in child beauty pageants, and who try to indoctrinate children with newly invented genders. Just because we don't appreciate their actions doesn't mean we should reject them or be scared of them. Some people have a propensity for violent actions, even murder, and Jesus accepts them all. We should welcome all of these people, including LGBTQ people into our lives instead of rejecting them.There is no discrimination by God for our actions so we should forgive people as he forgives us.
The Bible is very clear. Yes we are to welcome and love sinners without condemnation, just like Jesus did.

But Paul was just as clear; if a believer is sinning and refuses correction from 2 or 3 or the whole church, we are to avoid them.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So my question is: How can I get these people to turn to God and repent? Maybe I can't do it in person, but how should I be praying for them? Can you pray that God makes me better poised for this purpose?
It further makes me mad that God created a man and a woman and made a marriage for only them, and now people are in rebellion making up their own genders. Do they realize how stupid they sound? "I'm genderqueer non-binary." What? You're a man for crying out loud!

I think the solution is to focus on resolving your feelings and struggles, which will make dealing with things you find uncomfortable less of a crisis that clouds your thinking.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
  • Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I want to be a good Christian with the mind of Christ. My problem is with the LGBTQ. I seriously get enraged when I hear about this crap being taught in schools to ELEMENTARY school children:
the different types of pronouns
the made-up genders
drag queens
kid drag queens
transgenderism

I become IRATE hearing about this garbage. About the fake science used to support it. About teaching little children to choose a gender, how people are "born in the wrong body" and assigned a gender at birth.
What makes me even angrier is the use of verses from the bible thrown at me saying I am mean, unChristlike, not like Jesus at all, I'm supposed to love them and accept them and not judge. That I am intolerant.
Didn't Jesus warn us not to corrupt the children? Because that is what this demonic curriculum is doing.
Nowadays, you get blocked for violating terms of service for telling a person who doesn't want to be gay what they can do to help themselves. Even saying the truth will get you in trouble.

I can understand you feeling that way, and I sometimes do myself. The Psalmist also got angry, in fact he sometimes cursed his enemies, but we have to be careful because that is soulish praying.

But I do think some christians and some websites can paint a darker picture than maybe the case sometimes - which I don't think helps. Complacency isn't good either though, and its likely there are a few schools or rather a some teachers within some schools who are pushing some of this stuff. Whether those example reflect what is going on at every school I would question. But there are instances of it.

I think we are so far from truly understanding gender, because of the loss of our understanding of the transcendent aspects of our souls. Gender has transcendent dimensions.

It involves much more than just gender roles, many in our culture it seems have simply lost the understanding of it, through misconstrued feminism and other ideologies.

You could read CS Lewis on it, for instance Perelandra and That Hideous Strength contain some of his thoughts about gender, also Karl Stern's book The Flight from Women. But in some ways thing have moved even further from where they were when Stern was writing that book - and you will find a good exposition of Lewis and several other scholars who had a good grasp the meaning of gender in the writings of Leanne Payne - see her book Crisis in Masculinity.

Another classic work about men and masculinity, which I have heard fairly good words about is Iron John by Robert Bly. I have it but I only read a little of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.