Extreme prayer and near death experience accounts....

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Something potentially huge about near death experience accounts is how often the person who has a brush with death is shown that somebody....... is praying for them...... with some boldness and faith!

In the case of Jim Woodford......
who himself was a rather extreme Skeptic.... he was shown that it was his wife prayers that brought him back from death.

After the twenty four minute mark it talks about how his wife and her friends were praying for him.

In the case of little Colton Burpo..... he was shown that it was the extreme boldness and
chutzpah prayers of his dad, Pastor Todd Burpo... that played the biggest role in his coming back from heaven.......
because little Colton.... did not want to leave heaven!

Pastor Todd Burpo talks about this after the 1:50 minute mark.....

Colton Burpo Home Video and Family Interview

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: mukk_in

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There was a time in my life..... when I was so into my denomination.....(1973 to 1990)
the Worldwide Church of God... that I would have had trouble imagining a mere Wesleyan pastor...... being able to pray in such a way that his son was essentially raised from the dead!

I am not the only person who may stumble over this type of thinking.

This is one of the reasons why so many of us Christians tend to regard little Colton Burpo as a not so credible witness.

Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?
Edit
  1. *
    Yes
    12 vote(s)
    40.0%

2. No
    16 vote(s)
    53.3%

3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.
    2 vote(s)
    6.7%
Change Your Vote

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Something potentially huge about near death experience accounts is how often the person who has a brush with death is shown that somebody....... is praying for them...... with some boldness and faith!
My wife claims I am alive because of her. Because she dialed 911 and performed CPR. God uses people, God uses medics and doctors. But it is the resurrection power of God working in us that will raise us up from the dead. So the power comes from God, even if God is working though people. This brings Him more Honor, Glory & Praise that He is able to work in and though people in this way.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In the case of Jim Woodford......
who himself was a rather extreme Skeptic.... he was shown that it was his wife prayers that brought him back from death.

After the twenty four minute mark it talks about how his wife and her friends were praying for him.

In the case of little Colton Burpo..... he was shown that it was the extreme boldness and
chutzpah prayers of his dad, Pastor Todd Burpo... that played the biggest role in his coming back from heaven.......
because little Colton.... did not want to leave heaven!

Pastor Todd Burpo talks about this after the 1:50 minute mark.....

Colton Burpo Home Video and Family Interview

People have no control, over God's powers.
But God can and does inform people that He has already answered their prayers.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Go to heaven, come back and make money off it! Sounds legit :doh::swoon:

So would you say that former Skeptic Howard Storm deserves an Academy Award for acting humble..... and repentant........ and concerned for others in this interview?

If I remember correctly Howard was shown that a Roman Catholic Sister at the university that he was teaching at was praying for him for years before his near death experience.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife claims I am alive because of her. Because she dialed 911 and performed CPR. God uses people, God uses medics and doctors. But it is the resurrection power of God working in us that will raise us up from the dead. So the power comes from God, even if God is working though people. This brings Him more Honor, Glory & Praise that He is able to work in and though people in this way.
As a Firefighter/EMT we were working on a man who had suffered a heart attack. By all the protocols, we should have pronounced him already, but with his kids standing nearby we gave it yet one more try. The Holy Spirit led me to briefly lay my palm upon his shoulder and speak (silently to myself) In Jesus Name be healed. We zapped him and he went into a nice rhythm. As we were scooping him up to run (he was still in a world of hurt, but he was at least alive), the guy on my left whispered "God is amazing isn't He?", as he had heard my silent prayer and Amen'd it.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As a Firefighter/EMT we were working on a man who had suffered a heart attack. By all the protocols, we should have pronounced him already, but with his kids standing nearby we gave it yet one more try. The Holy Spirit led me to briefly lay my palm upon his shoulder and speak (silently to myself) In Jesus Name be healed. We zapped him and he went into a nice rhythm. As we were scooping him up to run, the guy on my left whispered "God is amazing isn't He?", as he had heard my silent prayer and Amen'd it.

Wow!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go to heaven, come back and make money off it! Sounds legit :doh::swoon:
Kat Kerr talks about this. She said she wants to give her book away about Heaven. The problem is when the books are gone she has to get more printed and she needs money to get them printed. We are told that everything in Heaven is free. There is no money and we do not pay for anything. People delight to give whatever they have that people want.

The real problem with giving is that we can not out give God. We are told: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Luke 6:35) The more we give, the more we receive in return. Even we start to have more stuff then we have room to store it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow!!!!! Way to go!!!!!
Way to go God! my involvement was strictly right place right time ... and willingness to cooperate, for those who think this stuff has ceased.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Firefighter/EMT we were working on a man who had suffered a heart attack. By all the protocols, we should have pronounced him already, but with his kids standing nearby we gave it yet one more try. The Holy Spirit led me to briefly lay my palm upon his shoulder and speak (silently to myself) In Jesus Name be healed. We zapped him and he went into a nice rhythm. As we were scooping him up to run (he was still in a world of hurt, but he was at least alive), the guy on my left whispered "God is amazing isn't He?", as he had heard my silent prayer and Amen'd it.
Yes my son was young at the time and they would go to the little chapel in the Hospital and pray for me. The doctor told me that because my son needed a father he would do what he could to help me. He put in one stint. They tell me my chance of being alive is one in 1500. This all took place 15 years ago.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
People have no control, over God's powers.
But God can and does inform people that He has already answered their prayers.

I am not sure what you mean by this?????

Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

John 16:24

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure what you mean by this?????

Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

John 16:24

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

So your experience is that you get everything you ask for?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've read the accounts of many NDEs, and that particular element is actually uncommon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've read the accounts of many NDEs, and that particular element is actually uncommon.

I will attempt to add other accounts to this discussion as I find more that fit with this.... Dr. Eben Alexander for example was profoundly affected by a very powerful statement by his ten year old son Bond. True.... this was not prayer quite like Pastor Todd Burpo offered up on behalf of his son.... but it was an important factor in Dr. Alexander coming out of the coma.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes..... I have asked for some huge things..... and I got them!
Yet not everyone gets everything they prayed for.....as you think scripture promises. Which it does not.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Then mostly no believers would ever die from extended illness.....
unless you think people are praying for death and getting it?

Naaa.

Lightning strike sparks Waukesha apartment fire, up to 100
Church steeple ablaze from lightning in Milwaukee
Lightning strike causes destructive Chester County church fire
Lightning Strikes Church in Piedmont; Causes Fire

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yet not everyone gets everything they prayed for.....as you think scripture promises. Which it does not.

but when infinite time is factored into the formula... perhaps we do get everything that we pray for..... eventually.....

Upvote 0