✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grace-only, cheap-grace, hyper-grace,
easy-believism are all called antinomianism!

This is the notion that a one-time justification saves … apart from sanctification.

But, this is an “incomplete” understanding
of God’s wonderful free gift of grace.

It is incomplete because God’s grace is intended to be made “complete” by the believer doing his part in his salvation … by co-operating with the precious Holy Spirit … as He works to fully sanctify the believer unto holiness!

The problem with easy-believism is it allows those who are NOT walking in obedience to live comfortably with a false sense of assurance leading to the tragedy described in Matthew 7:21-23.

The "grace-only" doctrine encourages people
who are living in hypocrisy, disobedience, and sin
... because it is offering them
a false assurance of salvation!

How hard does a person have to work to be saved? Can you quantify righteousness? I believe you can. How profitable must you be to be saved from eternal suffering. I believe in once saved always saved. I don't believe you interpreted that verse out of Romans correctly.

Does Jesus require $10 of profit or does he require $1,000,000 of profit to be saved from eternal suffering? If you say righteousness can't be quantified then you are basically saying righteousness has no value. Does Jesus Christ monitor his creation closely or his sheep closely? Why say righteousness is priceless other than to sound spiritual.

Jesus had a breaking point on the cross and i can explain that to you if you like.

I believe the end of time is limited because Jesus's suffering and sacrifice was limited but at the same time astronomical. Do you understand what i mean by this?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand what i mean by this?
Absolutely no understanding at all.
Do YOU understand the many dozens
of NT warnings written to the churches?
Or, do you choose to ignore and/or reject them?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

In the last couple decades, out of thousands or tens of thousands of people who claim to be Christian,

I have only met a handful who seem to comprehend the warnings of Scripture.

Overall, it seems everyone is in a stupor concerning them, unaware of the danger they are in imminently.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought you were against "grace-only", which means progressive sanctification is necessary, i.e. there is NO instantaneous justification.
Please note Galatians 5:5 ...
Partakers are those who LIVE by the Spirit.
They are NOT habitual sinners, for example.

IMO, there are actually more NT verses about
progressive sanctification than about OSAS.

Also, IMO, obeying Jesus' NT commandments
are NOT law, but simply expressing love for Jesus. He kept saying, "Those who love Me will obey My commandments." (John 14)
This has nothing to do with keeping any law.
The problem you have is that you confuse descriptive passages and prescriptive passages. And, you rarely take into consideration the context of the verses you quote. So you end up confusing the law with the gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why not just say a lack of understanding? You do understand the concept of spectrum right?
Have you ever read the first chapter of the book of Proverbs?

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The following is only one PROOF
against the “grace-only” doctrine:

“For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to
the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.” (Romans 8:29-30)

From above, BACs are predestined for 2 things:
(1) – to be conformed to the likeness of Jesus
(2) – to be called, justified, and glorified

God does (2) w/o any co-operation from BACs!
However, BACs are involved in (1) because they are not robots; they have free-will to co-operate, or not co-operate!

WHY does God predestine BACs to be conformed to become like Jesus?
(1) – for walking around in this life? ... or ...
(2) – for preparing to be qualified for heaven?

If this is about (2) … then we’re talking about
being prepared for salvation and for heaven!

Being conformed to the image of Jesus is called “sanctification”. To be sanctified means to be set apart (and to be made holy) … and … there is a positional sanctification, and then a progressive sanctification.

Will the instantaneous justification of a believer make him like Jesus? NO.
Man is made up of 3 parts: body, soul, and spirit.
Our whole being (body, soul, spirit) is to be made into Jesus’ likeness!

Now, returning to Romans 8:28-30 above …
All of the underlined items are the major parts of God’s saving work.
God will NOT justify those He does NOT sanctify.
There is NO separating justification and sanctification so much … that we focus on one and ignore the other.
God does NOT offer justification as a stand-alone means of salvation.
Justification cannot be isolated and made to represent all of God’s saving work!

JUSTIFICATION (taking Jesus as SAVIOR)
SANCTIFICATION (making Jesus our LORD)

If we take Jesus as SAVIOR,
then we also take Him as LORD.
Which do you prefer “Savior and LORD”
or “LORD and Savior”?
There are NT verses for both.

What is required for the believer to be progressively sanctified unto holiness?
Co-operation with the precious Holy Spirit, obedience, and repenting of sins.
Believers who are habitually sinning
are not on the narrow path to heaven!

I agreed with you enthusiastically until you defined Sanctification to the End. Jesus is our Lord whether we choose or not! He IS LORD!.

Also Scripture is clear and unambiguous.

If a BELIEVER falls into reversionism/backsliding and is living in sin for a season- they are still saved and still children of God- just disobedient children. sin will take its toll on them and when they turn again- resume their walk with God.

Citizens of heaven are citizens forever with no conditions.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

We are finished forever and now god is making us to be what He has declared us to be!

I tell my students this via an example.

A sculptor gets a big block of marble. Passersby8 sees a big chunk of rock- while the sculptor sees a beautiful statue. he then sets about to remove all the marble that does not belong to that statue!

Sin is not teh issue. God the Father poured out all his wrath and all His judgment for all sin onto Jesus. Jesus became our sin and He was judged and punished as our sin! That means God is now free to deal with us in love and do the work only He can do in our lives.

• Winner
Reactions: Calvin_1985
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been following BCSeniors posts and followed it thru, and from what I can tell by the law, we all fail. So then grace takes over for everyone who attempts to follow the law. I could re-quote all the law that leads to the lake of fire as described in the bible but perhaps we all already know that.

Upvote 0

Calvin_1985

Sep 1, 2018
Roanoke
✟22,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doing what a Calvinist does best...my goodness...I hope that one day you Calvinists come out of your slumber and Truly see Grace for what it is rather than defining it as an auster method with God having his nose stuck in the air. One day you will see when you can no longer deny the Holes right on front of your eyes that you keep filling with dirt from other holes you dig yourself.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doing what a Calvinist does best...my goodness...I hope that one day you Calvinists come out of your slumber and Truly see Grace for what it is rather than defining it as an auster method with God having his nose stuck in the air. One day you will see when you can no longer deny the Holes right on front of your eyes that you keep filling with dirt from other holes you dig yourself.

Prove it or just agree to disagree. Jesus Christ watches his flock closely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What?

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who on here has read the first chapter of the book of Proverbs? I'm sure most of you have but it appears some of you have not. If you can read that chapter and not understand the Bible supports the concept of spectrum then there is no point in us arguing. Does Jesus Christ who is the living God watch his flock closely?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In the last couple decades, out of thousands or tens of thousands of people who claim to be Christian,
I have only met a handful who seem to comprehend the warnings of Scripture.
Overall, it seems everyone is in a stupor concerning them, unaware of the danger they are in imminently.
You're not spiritually blind, that's for sure!
Let us all review some of the reasons
why even BACs are spiritually blind
in some important areas ...
Reasons why many BACs are spiritually blind

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I've been following BCSeniors posts and followed it thru, and from what I can tell by the law, we all fail. So then grace takes over for everyone who attempts to follow the law. I could re-quote all the law that leads to the lake of fire as described in the bible but perhaps we all already know that.
Where do you think it is written
that "grace takes over" "for everyone who attempts to follow the law" ?

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your the one rejecting the Bible not me.
You don't want to see the dozens of warning verses, do you.
Dozens of all kinds, shapes, and sizes.
E.G. the list of "IF" conditional NT verses like:
IF you endure in the faith, you will be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't want to see the dozens of warning verses, do you.
Dozens of all kinds, shapes, and sizes.
E.G. the list of "IF" conditional NT verses like:
IF you endure in the faith, you will be saved.

I just did a NOSAS/OSAS thread the other day with 40 verses quoted supporting OSAS. If you want to convince me your going to have to try harder than that. As for me, I'll be just fine.

Upvote 0

frogoon234

Feb 8, 2019
Lexington Park
✟5,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you think it is written
that "grace takes over" "for everyone who attempts to follow the law" ?

The LORD (Jesus Christ) is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. 4Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The LORD (Jesus Christ) is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. 4Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
You didn't even come close to the topic,

let alone answering the question.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus became our sin and He was judged and punished as our sin! That means God is now free to deal with us in love and do the work only He can do in our lives.
Jesus came to set us FREE from the bondage
of sin in our lives ... so we actually are able to
NOT sin!

Yes, the Holy Spirit works in our lives
to sanctify us unto holiness
through the process of sanctification.

But, we are NOT forced to co-operate!
We are NOT robots ... we have free will.

Habitual (unrepentant) sinners are NOT allowed to enter the Kingdom of God/Christ ... they are NOT allowed into heaven, period.

Last edited:
Upvote 0