✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Brother Dave,
I am no expert on the subject, for sure.

I do believe that we are to follow Jesus' example in all that we do on this earth.

I do not have the gift of discernment of spirits in the manner of 1 Corinthians 12:10. Although, I know when the hair on the back of my neck senses something evil. I have shivered with a cold chill when someone walked by me a time or two in my life. My spirit is able to identify with other Christians I encounter in my world travels before we are introduced or confirm to each other that we are born-again Christians.

All of this to say; I am very leary of exorcism, due more to my desire to not have anything to do with it. Mere men do not scare me, none. I am aware enough of the spiritual world to be dangerous because I believe it holds many dangers for mankind.

Where this subject is concerned, "I believe, help my unbelief", I must confess, I lack personal faith enough to properly deal with this subject.

Blessings,
Lee

Upvote 0

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Brother Dave,
I am no expert on the subject, for sure.

I do believe that we are to follow Jesus' example in all that we do on this earth.

I do not have the gift of discernment of spirits in the manner of 1 Corinthians 12:10. Although, I know when the hair on the back of my neck senses something evil. I have shivered with a cold chill when someone walked by me a time or two in my life. My spirit is able to identify with other Christians I encounter in my world travels before we are introduced or confirm to each other that we are born-again Christians.

All of this to say; I am very leary of exorcism, due more to my desire to not have anything to do with it. Mere men do not scare me, none. I am aware enough of the spiritual world to be dangerous because I believe it holds many dangers for mankind.

Where this subject is concerned, "I believe, help my unbelief", I must confess, I lack personal faith enough to properly deal with this subject.

Blessings,
Lee

I think I agree with you. It's one of those topics that's slightly alluring by its nature, but I carry no expertise on the matter.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟384,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought the sermon you linked was well done and balanced. In todays world, I truly believe that demons have learned that the modern mind does not believe in the supernatural, and so most examplkes of demonic activity seek to maintain that mindset. Addiction, lust, hatred, bitterness, apathy... these are things the I believe the demonic forces are seeking to bring into people's lives in this day.

Someone once said, and I forget who and where; "The greatest lie that Satan has sold the world on is that he does not exist". This is perhaps true, and a very useful one for the demonic powers... what need to seek spiritual help if all one has is a personality disorder or a little chemical imbalance? What need for spiritual help if all one is dealing with falls within the spectrum of natural human reactions?

Of course not all of these afflictions are caused by demonic forces, yet I believe that the demonic forces are hiding in plain sight in some cases.

Just my two cents worth.

Upvote 0

GadFly

May 11, 2008
North Eastern Kentucky
✟18,173.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought the sermon you linked was well done and balanced. In todays world, I truly believe that demons have learned that the modern mind does not believe in the supernatural, and so most examplkes of demonic activity seek to maintain that mindset. Addiction, lust, hatred, bitterness, apathy... these are things the I believe the demonic forces are seeking to bring into people's lives in this day.

Someone once said, and I forget who and where; "The greatest lie that Satan has sold the world on is that he does not exist". This is perhaps true, and a very useful one for the demonic powers... what need to seek spiritual help if all one has is a personality disorder or a little chemical imbalance? What need for spiritual help if all one is dealing with falls within the spectrum of natural human reactions?

Of course not all of these afflictions are caused by demonic forces, yet I believe that the demonic forces areomething hiding in plain sight in some cases.

Just my two cents worth.
A very good two cents worth. As your hair stands up on your back, Christians have a sense about them that tells them when something dangerous is near or truthfulness is not present. When this happens and this feeling is near, don't panic. Wait, listen, suspend judgment, pray and listen as God will show you the meaning of your discerning Spirit.

Jast as the mouth speaks from the heart, I believe Christians can sense a lie that comes out of an evil heart.

A person that lies and acts on that lie, becauses he has not admitted to himself that he lies, he is drmonic occupied. That happens a lot and goes unnoted. I too believe the demonic forces are seeking to bring into people's lives mindsets and addictions of lust, hatred, bitterness, apathy and political correctness. These are some the things I believe allows Christians to keep secret demonic sins. Yes these are in plain sight but we do not see these sins. Exorcism is needed and repentance and confession is necessary for recovery. It is no big ritual but it must be done.

Upvote 0

GadFly

May 11, 2008
North Eastern Kentucky
✟18,173.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There waas a lot of food for thought in tour last post foodforthought. Many of our mental illnesses identified in the DSM is better explained as demonic influence, if a demonic influence is a cognitive influence used by Satan. Is a demon an evil thought process that has challenged the Christian mind? I think it is.

The Apostle Paul had a specific grouping of thought processes in mind when Paul said let this mind be you that was also in Christ, don't you think? Paul had a lot to say about the carnal mind and the the Spiritual mind of Christ. Don't you see that casting out and down evil thoughts is a type of casting out demons or exorcism? Debunking some of the crazy secular religious ideas on these forums on the internet is an exorcism, don't you see?

You may not want to see demonic power as something as simple as political correctness, humanism, or liberalism as a demonic influence but the Apostle John called these things the Mark of the Beast and the Antichrist. Summed up, any time you identify the pride of life, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, you have identified a demonic influence.

One more important point, demons like to act like Christian leaders. Remember, the serpent is still the most subtle creature in the field and he is the one that travels with a sheep skin. He says he is a peace maker but he is a sower of discord and confusion and he always ends up taking sides with the mother Snake. Your greatest weapon to cast him out is the Truth. He can not tolerate the truth and after he has tested your premise, he leaves as several antagonistic spirits have pulled up their twist dead roots, lies and harshness and fled the forums. It sure is nice when Satan takes a vacation. But, you can be sure Satan will be back but we will know better what he looks like when he returns with a new sheep skin.

Upvote 0

GadFly

May 11, 2008
North Eastern Kentucky
✟18,173.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is simple. Humanism and liberalism has divided Christianity and both need to be cast out of the frame of reference of the church. Too bad but ministers have failed to explain to the church how dangerous liberalism is and what a boast these approaches are to the cause of Satan.

If a person does not connect with God the Holy Spirit, he can be led easily back into darkness by the myth of humanism and fantasy of the virtue of being a liberal. Even these two terms signify our culture is not satisfied with our Christian morality as liberalism continues to stiff to redirect our moral consciousness in sex and marriage. The idea behind liberal thinking is that man is free follow after the truth. This assumes the truth a man has is incorrect and he can find more correct truth. In spiritual matters, this is basically false. Where as it is true that by seeking the truth, you find it, it is also true that once you have found Christ, you now seek the Truth inside God's frame of reference.

There is the Christian world view wherein is all truth , knowledge and science. Only in God's house is there more Truths and mansions wherein you must live, walk and learn more about truth. Outside the kingdom of God is only falsehood. Once your freedom has found the Truth, junk your liberalism and walk in God's light. The road is narrow; it is straight; outside of Christ, there is no truth so don't even look.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Of course not all of these afflictions are caused by demonic forces, yet I believe that the demonic forces are hiding in plain sight in some cases.

Just my two cents worth.

We were discussing this during a Wednesday night bible study a few months ago. It began with the apostles casting out some demons and then went into a discussion of demonic possession in general. One woman became agitated and blurted out, "Oh surely, you people don't believe in demons!"

One older man answered, "Do you believe in angels?"

She said, "Of course I do."

He replied, "Then you have to believe in demons. They are the same thing."

But she wasn't giving up so easily. As you pointed out in your post, she went to science and stated that all demonic possessions are just psychological problems and she would not budge from that position.

As a people, we westerners really do not believe in the supernatural. We watch documentaries that attmept to "prove" the bible by concocting theories of how a strange wind conveniently parted the Red Sea or an alignment of three stars created the "illusion" of the Star of Bethlehem. So, naturally, when we come face to face with a demon, we dismiss it as schizophrenia or, if it is truly evil and inhuman, as a psychopathic personality .

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is simple. Humanism and liberalism has divided Christianity and both need to be cast out of the frame of reference of the church. Too bad but ministers have failed to explain to the church how dangerous liberalism is and what a boast these approaches are to the cause of Satan.

If a person does not connect with God the Holy Spirit, he can be led easily back into darkness by the myth of humanism and fantasy of the virtue of being a liberal. Even these two terms signify our culture is not satisfied with our Christian morality as liberalism continues to stiff to redirect our moral consciousness in sex and marriage. The idea behind liberal thinking is that man is free follow after the truth. This assumes the truth a man has is incorrect and he can find more correct truth. In spiritual matters, this is basically false. Where as it is true that by seeking the truth, you find it, it is also true that once you have found Christ, you now seek the Truth inside God's frame of reference.

There is the Christian world view wherein is all truth , knowledge and science. Only in God's house is there more Truths and mansions wherein you must live, walk and learn more about truth. Outside the kingdom of God is only falsehood. Once your freedom has found the Truth, junk your liberalism and walk in God's light. The road is narrow; it is straight; outside of Christ, there is no truth so don't even look.

Right now, in Dallas TX, there is a UM pastor who is participating in Ramadan with the muslims down the street. In his blog of his experiences, he talks of offering communion to the Imam, but letting the Imam pray in Arabic over the elements first. He also states that "I must know what it is like to worship God as a Muslim. Perhaps then I will learn how to worship God … as a Christian."

He doesn't know how to worship God as a Christian?? This man needs to change jobs now. His kind of "open mind" is destroying the church. He has to know that Islam denies the Trinity, the divinity of Jesus, the virgin birth, and the Resurrection, yet he thinks that they will teach him how to worship God?

Upvote 0