Evolutionists Concede Early Humans Could Walk Normally

Agonaces of Susa

Evolution is not science: legalize creationism.
Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That is positively insane.
LOL. Why do you think science and the historical record are insane?

"Tis strange -- but true; for truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron, poet, Don Juan, Canto XIV, Dec 17th 1823

What universe do you live in?
According to mainstream science I live in an alternate universe...^_^

Namely the material one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Has it been mentioned yet that quote mining is essentially an appeal to authority?
Has it been mentioned to you that claiming appeal to authority is an ad hominem fallacy?

My quotes would still be true if they were spoke by the janitor at my local McDonalds.

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
July 8, 1946

Dear Mr. Velikovsky:

I have read the whole book about the planet Venus. There is much of interest in the book which proves that in fact catastrophes have taken place which must be attributed to extraterrestrial causes. However it is evident to every sensible physicist that these catastrophes can have nothing to do with the planet Venus and that also the direction of the inclination of the terrestrial axis towards the ecliptic could not have undergone a considerable change without the total destruction of the entire earth’s crust. Your arguments in this regard are so weak as opposed to the mechanical-astronomical ones, that no expert will be able to take them seriously. It were best in my opinion if you would in this way revise your books, which contain truly valuable material. If you cannot decide on this, then what is valuable in your deliberations will become ineffective, and it may be difficult finding a sensible publisher who would take the risk of such a heavy fiasco upon himself.

I tell you this in writing and return to you your manuscript, since I will not be free on the considered days.

With friendly greetings, also to your daughter,
Your

Albert Einstein

Also to your daughter. Einstein was the man.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Has it been mentioned to you that claiming appeal to authority is an ad hominem fallacy?

No. Because critiquing the logic of an argument isn't in and of itself illogical. You are committing a fallacy.

My quotes would still be true if they were spoke by the janitor at my local McDonalds.

Yeah, and just as out of context and pointless.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Also to your daughter. Einstein was the man.
That's an old letter from 1946. You should read the whole correspondence as his opinions clearly changed over time.

"I have again read Worlds in Collision. It is a book of immeasurable importance, and scientists should read it." -- Albert Einstein, mathematician, April 1955

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No. Because critiquing the logic of an argument isn't in and of itself illogical.
You're not critiquing any logic. You are using ad hominem fallacy. An authority said it therefore it must be false. You call that logic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You're not critiquing any logic. You are using ad hominem fallacy. An authority said it therefore it must be false. You call that logic?

*yawn*

That isn't what I said, obviously.

Lets review what I actually said:

Has it been mentioned yet that quote mining is essentially an appeal to authority?

Of course, something wouldn't be false simply because an authority said it. That would be the opposite end of the spectrum from your apparent belief that something is true just because it was said by a dead person and equally funny.

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hah. Do you agree or disagree and why?
I disagree, because measurement often does not describe processes or functions. You can measure an ice cream cone to death, but you won't understand its function until you jam that thing in your mouth.

Upvote 0

Agonaces of Susa

Nov 18, 2009
San Diego
Visit site
✟11,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I disagree, because measurement often does not describe processes or functions. You can measure an ice cream cone to death, but you won't understand its function until you jam that thing in your mouth.
I follow you.

You still think measurement is important correct?

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I rest my case...:thumbsup:

And here is a perfect example of quote mining. You take the single phrase that appears to agree with you from a post that is all about point out how your logic is flawed. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
That's an old letter from 1946. You should read the whole correspondence as his opinions clearly changed over time.

"I have again read Worlds in Collision. It is a book of immeasurable importance, and scientists should read it." -- Albert Einstein, mathematician, April 1955
This is his last correspondence that actually talks about the book:
Letters

Albert Einstein said:
To the point, I can say in short: catastrophes yes, Venus no.

He doesn't say anything of substance in his next (and last) letter archived at that website (it's basically a happy birthday).

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The only historical record that exists. The one that says Venus was born from Jupiter. The one you are deliberately ignoring.

"As Zeus's [Jupiter's] daughter [Venus] she'll be immortal and live in heaven with her brothers, Pollux and Castor, the heavenly twins, an extra star for ships to steer their courses by." -- Euripides, playwright, Orestes, 408 B.C.
Do you get your Roman history from Shakespeare?

"Democritus however, insists upon the truth of his view and affirms that certain stars [Venus] have been seen when comets dissolve." -- Aristotle, philosopher, Meteorology, 350 B.C.
Sticking "[Venus]" into a quote that doesn't talk about it hardly supports your point.

"Some of the Italians called Pythagoreans say that the comet is one of the planets [Venus]." -- Aristotle, philosopher, Meteorology, 350 B.C.
See above.

Just some moron crackpot who thinks Venus is cold and thinks there is no truth in the Bible or Worlds in Collision.

"I can't remember a single thing V [Velikovsky] said in his book 'Worlds in Collision' that was astronomically correct. " -- Phil Plait, crackpot, March 2005
Oh, lol. Chalnoth has more than adequately addressed this, but I'd like to note how funny I find it that Phil Plait doesn't get to be called an "astronomer" even though he is one. No, not even an "author" (another thing he is; yes, I looked him up on the internets).

Asimov's opinion of predictions is irrelevant.

You've already said you think predictions are relevant.
I've also said, if memory serves, that predictions of the wrong theory can be accidentally right.

Ad hoc explanations based upon the religious belief that carbon is a morally evil element.
:D :cry:

That's all.

Your analysis is no analysis as far as I'm concerned.
Your concession of my point is noted.

Analyze this:

Year 1 inferior Venus sets on Shabatu 15 and after 3 days rises on Shabatu 18

Year 2 superior Venus vanishes E on Arahsamnu 21 and after 1 month 25 days appears W on Tebetu 16
What in the world did you think I analysed? :doh:

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, lol. Chalnoth has more than adequately addressed this, but I'd like to note how funny I find it that Phil Plait doesn't get to be called an "astronomer" even though he is one. No, not even an "author" (another thing he is; yes, I looked him up on the internets).
Just fyi, Phil Plait has actually retired from astronomy. He's mostly writing and doing PR type stuff now.

Upvote 0