Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution Weekend is Feb 10-12. It takes place in churches. For those of you who still think that evolution and religious belief are incompatible:
The Clergy Letter Project
Luke 23:11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
Luke 23:12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Luke 23:11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
Luke 23:12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.

This can mean a million different things. Translation for the Bible illiterates? ;)

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
:confused: How does that apply here?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Evolution Weekend is Feb 10-12. It takes place in churches. For those of you who still think that evolution and religious belief are incompatible:
The Clergy Letter Project

I assume this is because Feb 12 is Darwin Day. Also, many universities are having special events next week for Darwin Day.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I assume this is because Feb 12 is Darwin Day. Also, many universities are having special events next week for Darwin Day.
Like reenacting the Scope's trial?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Like reenacting the Scope's trial?

Usually there are speakers giving presentations on evolution, or evolution and creationism/I.D. Films might be shown, including Inherit the Wind, perhaps (a good movie, but not a very accurate one). I don't know of any cases of "re-enacting" the Scope's Trial, though it may well be referenced. At North Dakota State University, last year a speaker talked about his booklet on the paleontology of North Dakota (Dinosaurs, Sharks, and Woolly Mammoths: Glimpses of Life in North Dakota's Prehistoric Past). This year a speaker will discuss "Evolution, Intelligent Design, and the Nature of Science".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This year a speaker will discuss "Evolution, Intelligent Design, and the Nature of Science".
I have to wonder at evolutionists, who think they're qualified to speak for Intelligent Design; and IDists (as well as creationists), who think they're qualified to speak for evolution.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I have to wonder at evolutionists, who think they're qualified to speak for Intelligent Design; and IDists (as well as creationists), who think they're qualified to speak for evolution.

Intelligent design claimed to be a scientific theory. It's fair game for scientists to scrutinize it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

MOD HAT ON

tumblr_lcahta99ru1qaixy7o1_500_large.jpg

A mini cleanup was done. Just a reminder to stay on topic, thank you.

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

This year a speaker will discuss "Evolution, Intelligent Design, and the Nature of Science".

It would be very interesting if the speaker would list verses in Genesis that say anything contray to science when honestly read in a way which can agree with the facts rather than intentionally support the archaic medieval interpretations the anti-Bible want to focus on.

What I see from these speakers is te avoidance of educating the American people and the fueling of battles with the very people the scientists sayare wrong.

What is wrong with the whole educated community teaching Americans that science supports things like a beginning to the Universe and a Pangea-like c9llection of all the waters under heaven into one place.

I even quetion the intellectualhonesty of people like you, well educated and Bible proficient who would rather bash than change the course of the foolish Amrican church people.

Why do you not teach them what is scientifically correct in Genesis rather than choose to ridicule and debate them???

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Intelligent design claimed to be a scientific theory. It's fair game for scientists to scrutinize it.

I agree.

But the science people systematically ignore what Genesis actually says and they focus of what ID people imply about the nature of the intelligence of the creator.

They seem to fil in that intelligence is a human quality which they, themselves, say is capable of understanding the creation, and hence the cosmic unfolding must have a design that reflects their wn intelligence.

That is, if intelligent men can use the forces of Nature to make sense of the cosmos they study, de facto that cosmos must have an intelligable design.

Upvote 0