Evolution Quiz

DrunkenWrestler

Eat your Wheaties and know your logical fallacies.
Dec 20, 2003
$1 reject store
✟10,355.00
Faith
Atheist
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/cre-test.htm

Would it be possible to submit this as a CF quiz?

Dear Creationist,

We who follow conventional science appreciate your zeal and commitment in desiring to show us the errors of evolution. However, it has been our experience that the vast majority of challengers such as yourself are woefully unequipped for this endeavor. So in order to save us all some time and grief, and to keep you from making an utter fool of yourself, we have prepared this text to help you out.

Step 1: Do you know anything at all about evolution? (you'd be surprised how many creationists don't) Please answer the following yes or no questions:

1. Does evolution rely entirely on randomness?

2. Does evolution violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

3. Does evolution say anything about the origin of life?

4. Does evolution say anything about the origin of the universe?

5. Does evolution deny the existance of God?

6. Does evolution proceed from simplicity to complexity?

7. Does evolution proceed from lower to higher lifeforms?

8. Does evolution incorporate the notion of progress?

9. Does evolution have any moral consequences?

10. Does evolution stipulate any political attitudes?

11. Is evolution incompatible with any major religion?

12. Is it true that their are no transitional forms?

Step 2: Scoring. Count up the number of times you answered "yes". If this number is zero, proceed to step 3. Otherwise slam your head against the wall as many times as you answered "yes" and go back to step 1.

Step 3: Materials. Do you have any materials authored by members of the ICR? If so throw them away. Use them here and you will be held responsible for the baltant lies and stupidity in them.

Step 4: Conventional Science Quotes. Are you planning to present quotes from conventional scientists that seem to express disagreement with evolution? If so, make sure that you have them from the original sources and that they are quoted in full and in context. If you have misquotes and typical creationist butcher jobs, you will be destroyed without mercy.

Step 5: Creationist Quotes. If you have quotes from creationists, they'd better be supported. And if the creationists claim educational or scientific backgrounds, degrees, titles, and such, you'd better check them and make sure they are accurate. If we catch you quoting liars, we will treat you as a liar yourself.

Step 6: Anecdotes. If you have stories of things that you think bolster your case, be prepared to cite verifiable specifics. Be assured that you will be checked up on.

Step 7: Faqs. This newsgroup has some wonder faq files available. Read them. Carefully. All the way through.

Step 8: Congratulations, you are ready to argue against evolution. Please state your first objection.

Last edited:

Talcos Stormweaver

Fighter of Ignorance!
Aug 13, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟890.00
Faith
Christian
That would be fun! I think I'll try to answer the questions:

<< ...Conjuring the mindset of Hovind... >>

1. Does evolution rely entirely on randomness?

Yes. We argue that it couldn't of all happened by chance.

2. Does evolution violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics?

Absolutely! Evolution can't work in a closed system... and this has to be a closed system, right? (Let's ignore Mr. Sun for a moment).

3. Does evolution say anything about the origin of life?

Well, technically yes, it says that life came in existance all by its own, without God.

4. Does evolution say anything about the origin of the universe?

I'll give you that one, it doesn't say much about the origin of the universe... except that there is no God! How dare you!

5. Does evolution deny the existance of God?

What did I just tell you?

6. Does evolution proceed from simplicity to complexity?

That's how evolution works, right? Ultimately, to gain more information. That's why, by evolutionary standards, a fern is better off than a human, because it carries more genes (ie: more information).

7. Does evolution proceed from lower to higher lifeforms?

On a bacteria to fern scale, yes. At least, that's what some 'evilutionists' want you to believe.

8. Does evolution incorporate the notion of progress?

Yes. Things get better, bigger, more complex, more colorful (maybe)!

9. Does evolution have any moral consequences?

Yes. That is, at least, if you consider the absence of God to be a moral consequence.

10. Does evolution stipulate any political attitudes?

Well, I know for a fact I have never seen a true republican spout evolutionist propaganda.

Yes, Christianity. Since all other religions are satanism in disguise, evolution has no quarrels with them.

True. People claim to have transitional forms, but I have yet to see a single missing link between apes and green moss. Until you show me a shambling mound of moss capable of social interaction, I'm not buying into this evolution ****.

<<...Satire fading...>>

Ah, good. Well, that just mentally exhausted me, so I will be heading off to bed. I wish you well!

Reactions: ravenscape
Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Talcos Stormweaver said:
That would be fun! I think I'll try to answer the questions:

<< ...Conjuring the mindset of Hovind... >>
LOL. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Yes, Christianity. Since all other religions are satanism in disguise, evolution has no quarrels with them.
Hehe. ;)

True. People claim to have transitional forms, but I have yet to see a single missing link between apes and green moss. Until you show me a shambling mound of moss capable of social interaction, I'm not buying into this evolution ****.
I swear, I think I've actually heard some seriously advocate that almost word for word at C&E before.

Upvote 0

dan_the_man

Freedom Fighter
Oct 22, 2003
Lexington, Kentucky
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Talcos Stormweaver said:
True. People claim to have transitional forms, but I have yet to see a single missing link between apes and green moss. Until you show me a shambling mound of moss capable of social interaction, I'm not buying into this evolution

There would be no missing link between apes and green moss. Moss would not have evolved directly into an ape. Evolution is more of a gradual process. Random changes occur in an individual and if these changes are effective, then they are passed on through their genes to their offspring. If you want to talk about missing links, you would probably want to look at chimps and humans. These are supposed to be the 2 most closely related species. If you want to see a missing link...how about the "Lucy" that scientists discovered? Also, many species supposedly have body parts that were left over from evolution and no longer serve a purpose (I forgot the scientific term for this and don't feel like looking it up). Take for example a human's tailbone. (A small bone located at the very end of your spine near your rear end.) What function does this serve us? According to evolution it's the remnant of a tail that our ancestors (monkeys) had.

It's hard to ignore the logic, even if you are a devout christian.

Upvote 0

Bargainfluger

Playin' in Joes Garage
Sep 14, 2004
MD
✟1,946.00
Faith
Atheist
dan_the_man said:
Talcos Stormweaver said:
True. People claim to have transitional forms, but I have yet to see a single missing link between apes and green moss. Until you show me a shambling mound of moss capable of social interaction, I'm not buying into this evolution

There would be no missing link between apes and green moss. Moss would not have evolved directly into an ape. Evolution is more of a gradual process. Random changes occur in an individual and if these changes are effective, then they are passed on through their genes to their offspring. If you want to talk about missing links, you would probably want to look at chimps and humans. These are supposed to be the 2 most closely related species. If you want to see a missing link...how about the "Lucy" that scientists discovered? Also, many species supposedly have body parts that were left over from evolution and no longer serve a purpose (I forgot the scientific term for this and don't feel like looking it up). Take for example a human's tailbone. (A small bone located at the very end of your spine near your rear end.) What function does this serve us? According to evolution it's the remnant of a tail that our ancestors (monkeys) had.
You'll be happy to know that Talcos is merely satiring a typical creationist response to the question. He is actually a theistic evolutionist.

Although there are sadly people who really do think the way Talcos is illustrating here.

It's hard to ignore the logic, even if you are a devout christian.
You'd be surprised how willfully recalcitrant and resistant to logic some people are.

Upvote 0

dan_the_man

Freedom Fighter
Oct 22, 2003
Lexington, Kentucky
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bargainfluger said:
You'll be happy to know that Talcos is merely satiring a typical creationist response to the question. He is actually a theistic evolutionist.

Yeah, I sort of figured that when I saw the mention of a satire at the end of the post. But, I decided to reply anyway because I was sure that there were many people who would read it and agree with the post non-satirically. ;)

Bargainfluger said:
You'd be surprised how willfully recalcitrant and resistant to logic some people are.

No, no I wouldn't.

Upvote 0

DrunkenWrestler

Eat your Wheaties and know your logical fallacies.
Dec 20, 2003
$1 reject store
✟10,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Talcos Stormweaver

Fighter of Ignorance!
Aug 13, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟890.00
Faith
Christian
We wouldn't even have to put the quiz up on our website, merely provide a link to it for every new creationist that drops by. It would be far simpler than correcting each of the flaws in their argument in the middle of debate.

"Once you understand your score, you will know why we reject you."

Upvote 0