Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I might as well ask you "why does the wind blow". Because you do not know.

But give me your best guess.

No poll attached to this as this forum is primarily Christian, so it would not be fair.

And, yes, I do know the answer to this question. But, I will not tell.

Drew

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We actually do know why the wind blows. Good ol Wikipedia.

Wind is caused by differences in the atmospheric pressure. When a difference in atmospheric pressure exists, air moves from the higher to the lower pressure area, resulting in winds of various speeds.

We also know how evolution works. Attempts to mystify either wind or evolution are pretty futile, but if someone feels a need to quote some scripture no doubt we will all be entertained to no end.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But give me your best guess.No poll attached to this as this forum is primarily Christian, so it would not be fair.And, yes, I do know the answer to this question. But, I will not tell.
Drew

Let me be a vessel for what scripture fills:

Gen 1
11 Then God said, "Let the land produce

vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so.

12 The land produced

vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

20 And God said, "Let the water

teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky."

24 And God said, "Let the land produce

living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so.

26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Click on "Let us make" above and you will see this is a change to
man that existed, rather than special creation out of nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But give me your best guess.

No poll attached to this as this forum is primarily Christian, so it would not be fair.

And, yes, I do know the answer to this question. But, I will not tell.

Drew

It's a powerful tool of the enemy (whom Christ at one point called the "prince of this world") to make people think God could not have used evolution and that evolution could not fit with the Bible.

The enemy has led many into captivity with that particular tool.

One helpful point to fight that deception is to point out that God being the creator means He created physics! (the natural laws, how things work), and thus all that flows from this, chemistry and all else that is science. I think it helps much to be loving in those discussions also, because the enemy needs anger and discord to help maintain his prisons. He needs hurt and pride and anger and anything against love.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
"Yes."

Most technologies that we use every day are not described in the Bible. It's not a textbook for biologists or engineers.

For "literalists": we read that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Guess that means God never did / couldn't do anything outside of creation, right? I mean, if that was the beginning...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Yes."

Most technologies that we use every day are not described in the Bible. It's not a textbook for biologists or engineers.

For "literalists": we read that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Guess that means God never did / couldn't do anything outside of creation, right? I mean, if that was the beginning...

False. Your conclusion doesn't follow from your premises.

Reactions: dcalling
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a powerful tool of the enemy (whom Christ at one point called the "prince of this world") to make people think God could not have used evolution and that evolution could not fit with the Bible.

The enemy has led many into captivity with that particular tool.

One helpful point to fight that deception is to point out that God being the creator means He created physics! (the natural laws, how things work), and thus all that flows from this, chemistry and all else that is science. I think it helps much to be loving in those discussions also, because the enemy needs anger and discord to help maintain his prisons. He needs hurt and pride and anger and anything against love.

The powerful tool of the enemy is in convincing Christians that the Bible must be re-interpreted (abandoning historical interpretation) to fit modern Science into it, and in this, the authority of the Scripture is subordinated to an assumed higher authority of modern science. This is partly due to the dogmatists teaching Science, and the brainwashing that all of Science deals with FACTS, the empirical evidences are undeniable, that there is no interpretation in Science, that Science does not change, it's just the way it is, it's reality, you can taste, touch, hear, smell, and see it. And so Christians embarrassed because of their non-believing peers relentless mockery of faith, waver on the seas of doubt and compromise long enough to give credence, where it is not due.

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The powerful tool of the enemy is in convincing Christians that the Bible must be re-interpreted (abandoning historical interpretation) to fit modern Science into it, and in this, the authority of the Scripture is subordinated to an assumed higher authority of modern science. This is partly due to the dogmatists teaching Science, and the brainwashing that all of Science deals with FACTS, the empirical evidences are undeniable, that there is no interpretation in Science, that Science does not change, it's just the way it is, it's reality, you can taste, touch, hear, smell, and see it. And so Christians embarrassed because of their non-believing peers relentless mockery of faith, waver on the seas of doubt and compromise long enough to give credence, where it is not due.

Well said. But it is science that changes all the time while the word of God changeth not.

Upvote 0