✟350,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
bio technology

Biotechnology- Biotechnology is technology that utilizes biological systems, living organisms or parts of this to develop or create different products.

And then there's the definition of technology - machinery and equipment developed from the application of scientific knowledge.

Where is the technology part in the mantis shrimp?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
i have in the shrimp and in the limestone rocks that form in your ears

Except that you have not shown how that's design. You're just SAYING it's design. That's not the same thing in the slightest.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I just don't see how yours makes sense.

You can't really compare a mantis shrimp, a crustacean, to a human, a mammal. They are two completely different creatures, with two completely different biological histories and set ups. They aren't comparable.

i can compare the shrimp to God, only one of kind, best vision than any living thing.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why anyone would deny or
hide it unless they are ashamed or, out
to deceive. ( as with "CSI", or, "ID")

Seems as if they'd be proud to be
soldiers for the Cause.
I wonder why anyone would deny or
hide it unless they are ashamed or, out
to deceive. ( as with "CSI", or, "ID")

Seems as if they'd be proud to be
soldiers for the Cause.
I'm sure @stevevw will deny that it's deception, but he won't tell us what the actual reason is.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,861.00
Faith
Atheist
I agree on some the only difference maybe i don't know about you but its by design from the beginning.

there is a lot of things in nature that evolution can not explain and so far has not. not saying evolution is a farce just not the main driving force behind it like the mantis shrimp.
It's true that we don't yet know exactly what they need every aspect of this unusual vision for, which makes it difficult to propose a specific evolutionary pathway (although a number of ideas have been tested, e.g. circularly polarised light is used in conspecific signalling via the carapace); but since we have plausible evolutionary pathways for most other types of eyes that have been studied in depth (including arthropods), it is reasonable to infer that we should eventually be able to find one for the mantis shrimp's eyes.

The idea that not understanding the purpose of some feature means that it didn't or couldn't have evolved is a non-sequitur. A logical error.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My opens are open, but I'm not seeing anything because you aren't showing me anything.

i know its dark but keep searching for the light not darkness, like the light at first life, let there be zinc spark.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,926.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
i know its dark but keep searching for the light not darkness, like the light at first life, let there be zinc spark.

I'd prefer that you actually make an attempt to show me an example of design and how it actually was designed too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,861.00
Faith
Atheist
well that is test that actually hasn't been done. Pronghorn antelope, Ostriches are long runners but unless you devise a way to get an animal to keep running of its own, you can’t really know which one can run the longest. man wont make it to far without water so.
That's why I said, "It is thought...". The stats suggest that antelope and ostriches can run much faster over short to medium distances, but that humans can outlast them (hunt them down) over long distances (given access to water).

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,861.00
Faith
Atheist
i can compare the shrimp to God, only one of kind, best vision than any living thing.
In any disparate collection of creatures, there will be some creature that has the 'best' of some chosen capability, by human judgement - the mantis shrimp has the widest variety of visual detection modes, but poor visual acuity - some other creature has the 'best' visual acuity; likewise for all other traits.

But human judgement isn't the be-all and end-all. For evolution, the 'best' trait is the one that is just 'good enough' to provide a selective advantage; i.e. it will do the job, but will not waste precious resources doing more than necessary.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In any disparate collection of creatures, there will be some creature that has the 'best' of some chosen capability, by human judgement - the mantis shrimp has the widest variety of visual detection modes, but poor visual acuity - some other creature has the 'best' visual acuity; likewise for all other traits.

But human judgement isn't the be-all and end-all. For evolution, the 'best' trait is the one that is just 'good enough' to provide a selective advantage; i.e. it will do the job, but will not waste precious resources doing more than necessary.

its the only visual variety of it's kind on the planet, not much evolving in it. the poor acuity is so the mantis has the fastest reaction time pretty much zero, any movement the shrimp sees it.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's why I said, "It is thought...". The stats suggest that antelope and ostriches can run much faster over short to medium distances, but that humans can outlast them (hunt them down) over long distances (given access to water).

not sure how they got to stat state without a relay race man vs animal

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,669.00
Country
United States
Faith