Evolution is a Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nhisname

When all life is extinct.

There is and they are. For an example, look up the E. Coli long term evolution experiment. Or see this link for evidence of rapid evolution in lizards: Lizard experiment suggests rapid evolution
I believe everything was created just as it is today. I believe when things are taken out of their original elimate they either adapt or die. I know that when you cross breed different breeds of dogs you can make legs longer or shorter the muzzle may be different or you can make the breed of dog smaller.

Or you can just google modern evolution or something like that. I'm certain there's plenty to find.

Yes. DNA change (mutation) is one of the main factors of evolution.
can one type of animal totally change to another. What dna has been mutated to a totally different species?
Well, there's no gene or anything expressly saying "this is a cat", but all cats share a very recent common ancestor, so all share a very similar genome.

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

They haven't.

Yup, and they do.

Yup.

Species are genetically distinct, but that doesn't mean they're stuck to a template and can't change from it.
can one species of animal cross breed with another?
Given that each member of those species is unique I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Yes, there are genetic similarities between felidae. No, that doesn't mean they're fixed into that family for all time either.

Like cats are in the feline species, dogs canine etc.

Upvote 0

Pwnzerfaust

Pwning
Jan 22, 2008
California
✟16,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe everything was created just as it is today. I believe when things are taken out of their original climate they either adapt or die. I know that when you cross breed different breeds of dogs you can make legs longer or shorter the muzzle may be different or you can make the breed of dog smaller.

We're on the same page here on everything except your first sentence.

can one type of animal totally change to another. What dna has been mutated to a totally different species?

Evolution doesn't work that way. It's not an overnight process: a dog doesn't one day pop out a cat or vice versa. Evolution also isn't something that occurs to an individual. It happens to a population.

Evolution doesn't propose that modern species spontaneously become another modern species. Chimpanzees don't all of a sudden become humans. Rather, in the past (modern estimates put it at 6-7 million years ago), the population that would eventually become chimpanzees diverged from the population that down the line become modern humans (among other extinct species).

Upvote 0

hangback

Nov 3, 2009
✟561.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When have things stopped evolving? If there were evolution wouldn't things just keep evolving? When things do evolve does the dna change too? Doesn't every species of animal have a certain dna that says it's a cat for instance? There may be housecats, lions, leopards, tigers etc. but don't they all share the same dna?
I don't blame you for the way you are but you might want to look elsewhere for your guidance in the future because the people around you are not doing you any good at all, it's time you started looking out for yourself.

Upvote 0

Pwnzerfaust

Pwning
Jan 22, 2008
California
✟16,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
can one species of animal cross breed with another?

Not successfully. Species can only successfully breed with other members of their species. That is the definition of species. When two creatures can no longer successfully breed (that is, produce fertile offspring), they are no longer the same species.

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

Pretty much.

Where does it originate from?

Social bonds becoming stronger as humanity evolved. The stronger your attachment to someone was, the less likely you are to let a smilodon eat them, especially if they were carrying your young.

Okay, where does compassion come from, forgiveness?? Morals?Laws , marriage? From a group sitting in a circle?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Okay, where does compassion come from, forgiveness?? Morals?Laws , marriage? From a group sitting in a circle?
Altruistic reciprocity. aka I'll watch your back, you watch mine. It was important to look out for each other in order for people groups to survive.

Think Maflower Compact.

Upvote 0

hangback

Nov 3, 2009
✟561.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Don't ask other people about it, think about it yourself, use a little common sense, you live in a community, what works best for the community?

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

Off the top of my head, dolphins are quite aware and exhibit a sense of humor, elephants mourn their dead, animals (including humans) need to sleep at least once a day, and time is an artificial construct anyhow. As for living in harmony, it's homo sapiens who have pretty much screwed up our environment and are responsible for wiping out untold species, which isn't so moral in my opinion. And bigger brains allow us to figure things out and come up with concepts like morality, nothing special about that. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that he's probably better off if I don't steal my neighbor's car, sleep with his wife, and then kill him to cover it up and then lie about it.

If evolution is correct why are we made so different. If we all started from the same thing would't we all be the same, same dna, think the same. When and how do we become different with our own dna?

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

Don't ask other people about it, think about it yourself, use a little common sense, you live in a community, what works best for the community?

No, that's coming from an athiestic, worldly point of view. Compassion comes from God. I'm talking about loving a brother when he does not love you in return. I'm talking about forgiveing when they don't deserve it.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No, that's coming from an athiestic, worldly point of view. Compassion comes from God. I'm talking about loving a brother when he does not love you in return. I'm talking about forgiveing when they don't deserve it.

Compassion comes from the human ability to empathize, to put ourselves in other people's shoes. We treat others how we want to be treated. I don't see how this requires a deity. Care to explain?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
If evolution is correct why are we made so different If we all started from the same thing would't we all be the same, same dna, think the same. When and how do we become different with our own dna?

If evolution is true then we should all be different. Mutations occur in every generation so that no generation is identical to the last. Sexual reproduction mixes these mutations even further. If evolution is true only identical twins (i.e. clones) should be genetically identical.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Wayseer, will you show me in scripture about anything remotely to do with evolution?

Will you show me in scripture anything remotely to do with the internal combustion engine?

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

If evolution is true then we should all be different. Mutations occur in every generation so that no generation is identical to the last. Sexual reproduction mixes these mutations even further. If evolution is true only identical twins (i.e. clones) should be genetically identical.

But we will never change species right. We will always be what we are right now. Human. When did an ape change from being an ape to being human? Also if we have the same ancestory can an ape carry a human child and vice versa?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.