Not open for further replies.

hangback

Nov 3, 2009
✟561.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are the humans becoming something other than human?
They will eventually if things change drastically enough on this planet and they can't adapt, if they don't, they will become extinct, just like thousands of other species that could not adapt quickly enough.
Creationists did not come to me first, science did, but when I read the truth I cannot believe God lied when He said that He will create us in His image and likeness. No place for evolution there! :amen:
You mean you were not raised to be a creationist?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

No. Humans will always be humans. We will also always be eukaryotes, vertebrates, mammals, primates, and apes. In evolution you don't become something else. You are a modified version of your ancestors. What may happen is that variation will increase among humans just as variation has increased among dogs from the orignal wolf stock. Chihuahuas did not stop being dogs, but they are different than wolves.

The problem is that people are stuck on the Linnaean taxonomic system which was based on immutable types. It's not a perfect way of describing how species are organized which is why cladistics has gained popularity.

As I have said, some atheists believe there is no difference between macro and micro evolution.....I do not have a problem with micro........

You have a few things confused. The mechanism of change is the same, that is mutation and selection. The difference between micro and macroevolution is divergence. That is, two lineages that accumulate DIFFERENT changes. This requires speciation, the production of two populations that no longer exchange DNA. This causes DIFFERENT mutations to accumulate through microevolutionary mechanisms resulting in two lineages that become less and less similar.

To use a specific example, the differences between humans and chimps is due to macroevolution. It is due to the accumulation of different microevolutionary events in each lineage.

Creationists did not come to me first, science did, but when I read the truth I cannot believe God lied when He said that He will create us in His image and likeness. No place for evolution there! :amen:

So is God an ape? Is 8% of God's genome made up of ancient retroviral insertions (ERV's)? Does God have impacted wisdom teeth due to a jaw that is too small? Does God have a vermiform appendix?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The theory of evolution regarding the origin of man is a series of frauds and hoaxes. At best, someone with a vivid imagination constructed theoretical ideas from grossly incomplete information and evidence - and called it science. At worst, the intention from the start was fraud. Many frauds stood in prestigious so-called scientific literature for years until they were debunked. They were even in textbooks used in our schools.

For a few examples of either gross error, fraud, deception, or hoax:

Pikaia
Mesonychid
Ramapithecus
Nebraska Man
Piltdown Man

They are like fairy tales. The frog that the princess kissed didn't turn into a handsome prince. One example I read about recently was the construction of an amazing discovery based on a single tooth. It was debunked when a jawbone was found, and I'm sure this was an embarrassing situation for a giant of science. This is how science giants of evolution do things, so the pitiful results are no surprise at all.

Which one of these fossils is a fraud?

hominids2.jpg

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Because making a new code from scratch would be just as easy as creating the same code. The only reason to reuse any design is to save time and resources, two things that God supposedly has an infinite amount of.

Or how about this example. Why are the wings of bats and the wings of birds so different? The wings of birds are airfoils like airplane wings. The wings of bats are membranes stretched between the fingers to form parachutes. The designs are different. Are we to assume that the wings of bats and the wings of birds had different designers?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If so, can you show me evidence of one type of animal producing a different type of animal?

Maybe a Lion giving birth to a piglion or a shark giving birth to a crocodileshark?

;)

I see you've been watching "Way of the Master".

Upvote 0
No I am not, give me the evidence........did a virus change into a bacteria?
Did evolution come to the conclusion that it has to stop? By know science should be able to find a viable animal still in the evolution proses of changing from one type of animal to another.....
Thanks for demonstrating that playing Pokemons is not an ideal way of learning biology.

After 150 years it's just you guys and the Taliban that remains in defiance of long accepted science.

Upvote 0

Pwnzerfaust

Pwning
Jan 22, 2008
California
✟16,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Given sufficient time and selective pressures, a population that is originally human may eventually diverge from the human species.

As I have said, some atheists believe there is no difference between macro and micro evolution.....I do not have a problem with micro........

The distinction between micro and macro evolution is artificial. The only difference is time scale.

He did? Where? If you say the Bible, where's your evidence that the bible is god's infallible word?

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
Thanks for demonstrating that playing Pokemons is not an ideal way of learning biology.

After 150 years it's just you guys and the Taliban that remains in defiance of long accepted science.
^_^ Sad but true.

What YECists fail to recognize, is that with molecular genetics, it won't be too many decades until we know with certainty who is related to who in our evolutionary tree. Darwin not needed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,956,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What YECists fail to recognize, is that with molecular genetics, it won't be too many decades until we know with certainty who is related to who in our evolutionary tree.
I have a feeling it's not going to be near as long as you think.
Darwin not needed.
You got that right. He will be replaced by a superscientist who will demonstrate abiogenesis.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pwnzerfaust

Pwning
Jan 22, 2008
California
✟16,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
^_^ Sad but true.

What YECists fail to recognize, is that with molecular genetics, it won't be too many decades until we know with certainty who is related to who in our evolutionary tree. Darwin not needed.

They fail to recognize a lot of things...

Upvote 0
N

nhisname

The Theory of Gravity.
Atomic Theory.
Germ Theory.

These are all theories, as well as facts.

Anyone who says that "evolution is just a theory" doesn't understand what a theory is.

To quote AronRa,

It is a fact that evolution happens; that biodiversity and complexity does increase, that both occur naturally only by evolutionary means.

It is a fact that alleles vary with increasing distinction in reproductive populations and that these are accelerated in genetically isolated groups.

It is a fact that natural selection, sexual selection, and genetic drift have all been proven to have predictable effect in guiding this variance.

It is a fact that significant beneficial mutations do occur and are inherited by descendant groups, and that multiple independent sets of biological markers exist to trace these lineages backwards over many generations.

It is a fact that birds are a subset of dinosaurs the same way humans are a subset of apes, primates, eutherian mammals, and vertebrate deuterostome animals.

It is a fact that the collective genome of all animals has been traced to its most basal form, and that those forms are also indicated by comparative morphology, physiology, and embryological development.

It is a fact that everything on earth has definite relatives either living nearby or evident in the fossil record.

It is a fact that the fossil record holds hundreds of definitely transitional species even according to it’s strictest definition, and that both microevolution and macroevolution have been directly-observed.

Evolution is a fact.

When have things stopped evolving? If there were evolution wouldn't things just keep evolving? When things do evolve does the dna change too? Doesn't every species of animal have a certain dna that says it's a cat for instance? There may be housecats, lions, leopards, tigers etc. but don't they all share the same dna?

Upvote 0

Pwnzerfaust

Pwning
Jan 22, 2008
California
✟16,469.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When have things stopped evolving?

When all life is extinct.

If there were evolution wouldn't things just keep evolving?

There is and they are. For an example, look up the E. Coli long term evolution experiment. Or see this link for evidence of rapid evolution in lizards: Lizard experiment suggests rapid evolution

Or you can just google modern evolution or something like that. I'm certain there's plenty to find.

When things do evolve does the dna change too?

Yes. DNA change (mutation) is one of the main factors of evolution.

Doesn't every species of animal have a certain dna that says it's a cat for instance? There may be housecats, lions, leopards, tigers etc. but don't they all share the same dna?
Well, there's no gene or anything expressly saying "this is a cat", but all cats share a very recent common ancestor, so all share a very similar genome.

Upvote 0

BananaSlug

Life is an experiment, experience it!
Aug 26, 2005
In a House
✟10,782.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When have things stopped evolving? If there were evolution wouldn't things just keep evolving? When things do evolve does the dna change too? Doesn't every species of animal have a certain dna that says it's a cat for instance? There may be housecats, lions, leopards, tigers etc. but don't they all share the same dna?

Living creatures never stop evolving. As long as their is genetic change, evolution is occuring. Evolution is the change in the DNA of a population. All living creatures share DNA, the more similar the organisms are, the more similar their DNA is (for the most part).

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
When have things stopped evolving?

They haven't.

If there were evolution wouldn't things just keep evolving?

Yup, and they do.

When things do evolve does the dna change too?

Yup.

Doesn't every species of animal have a certain dna that says it's a cat for instance?

Species are genetically distinct, but that doesn't mean they're stuck to a template and can't change from it.

There may be housecats, lions, leopards, tigers etc. but don't they all share the same dna?

Given that each member of those species is unique I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Yes, there are genetic similarities between felidae. No, that doesn't mean they're fixed into that family for all time either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have a feeling it's not going to be near as long as you think.You got that right. He will be replaced by a superscientist who will demonstrate abiogenesis.
I'm glad you're feeling it.

And will this superscientist wear a yellow body suit with a cape, mask, and an S S on his chest?

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm glad you're feeling it.

And will this superscientist wear a yellow body suit with a cape, mask, and an S S on his chest?

Either that or AC, and speaking with an EU accent, or whatever AV's little snuff fantasy involves.

Upvote 0

Hawk007

Jan 2, 2009
Cape Town , South Africa
✟7,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They will eventually if things change drastically enough on this planet and they can't adapt, if they don't, they will become extinct, just like thousands of other species that could not adapt quickly enough.

You mean you were not raised to be a creationist?

No, actually more a liberal thinker, but I soon found out that you cannot be an evolutionist and a born again Christian. I chose the Word of God as the truth!

:groupray:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,956,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, actually more a liberal thinker, but I soon found out that you cannot be an evolutionist and a born again Christian. I chose the Word of God as the truth!

:groupray:
Hawk, did you know Bekele Lakew?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.