Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does my meaning of God alter what you perceive to be god? I doubt it does.
So why does my understanding of fusion have any impact on what is being said in the video?
Because what makes stuff fuse now may not be what made stuff fuse in the former state.
I have put something on the table - the video - by someone who knows an awful lot more about the subject he is talking on than I do.
A video that throws out the way chromosomes are, and then assumes that they always were so.
If you need a definition of fusion, ask him, not me.
He is not posting. If you don't know, stop citing it.

The challenge stands: Please refute what is in the video, not my definition, not my individual understanding, not the laws of physics. Just the content of the video, if you please.

The claims of fusion must be looked at to see whether a refutation is needed even. You seem to wish that we all just believe blindly.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mean like, not one piece of evidence to support the Exodus story?

The exodus event involved God and the spiritual. Normal expectations of evidence are out the window. If you were looking for evidence that manna fell one afternoon, you would not have found any. It all disappeared! Each day that happened. Apparently when God is around, waste and messes and leftovers just are not around. If I give you a piece of bread, and a bowl, and ask you to make one or both disappear, which one is easier to make vanish? Neither! So all the stuff you think ought to be around as evidence just may not exist.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The exodus event involved God and the spiritual. Normal expectations of evidence are out the window. If you were looking for evidence that manna fell one afternoon, you would not have found any. It all disappeared! Each day that happened. Apparently when God is around, waste and messes and leftovers just are not around. If I give you a piece of bread, and a bowl, and ask you to make one or both disappear, which one is easier to make vanish? Neither! So all the stuff you think ought to be around as evidence just may not exist.

Correct, there is no evidence to support over one million people living in an area of ten square miles for forty years.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

Correct, there is no evidence to support over one million people living in an area of ten square miles for forty years.
Yes there is evidence. The camp sites they find are an exact fit for what we find in the Bible. For example Moses has strict requirements on where they could set up their bathrooms and things like that. Camp sites do not seem to ever go away. Even 20, 30 & 40,000 years ago there are camp sites along with artifacts that tells us a lot about the people who lived back then. I see a very distinct pattern here with the skeptics, scoffers and infidels. If the evidence does not fit then they tend to try and pretend the evidence and artifacts do not exist. I am just happy that they do not destroy the artifacts. It is ok if they want to hide and try to cover up the evidence. Because it will all be here preserved for the 1,000 year reign of Christ for people to enjoy then. The time we live in is still a very good time to be alive. For those who want to know the truth it is becoming abundantly clear and there is overwhelming evidence and artifacts to support what we know to be true. I say this from having studied ancient history for over 46 years now sense I was first introduced to this subject in high school. Although I never imagined that someday there would be a falling away from the truth and that there would be people that would deny what we read and studied in our text book. Back in the 1930's when these books were written people were open and receptive to want to know and learn the truth. For me this is fine if people want to ignore all of this. It can all go back to gathering dust, waiting for a new generation to come along that appreciates the truth.

Upvote 0

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes there is evidence. The camp sites they find are an exact fit for what we find in the Bible. For example Moses has strict requirements on where they could set up their bathrooms and things like that. Camp sites do not seem to ever go away. Even 20, 30 & 40,000 years ago there are camp sites along with artifacts that tells us a lot about the people who lived back then. I see a very distinct pattern here with the skeptics, scoffers and infidels. If the evidence does not fit then they tend to try and pretend the evidence and artifacts do not exist. I am just happy that they do not destroy the artifacts. It is ok if they want to hide and try to cover up the evidence. Because it will all be here preserved for the 1,000 year reign of Christ for people to enjoy then. The time we live in is still a very good time to be alive. For those who want to know the truth it is becoming abundantly clear and there is overwhelming evidence and artifacts to support what we know to be true. I say this from having studied ancient history for over 46 years now sense I was first introduced to this subject in high school. Although I never imagined that someday there would be a falling away from the truth and that there would be people that would deny what we read and studied in our text book. Back in the 1930's when these books were written people were open and receptive to want to know and learn the truth. For me this is fine if people want to ignore all of this. It can all go back to gathering dust, waiting for a new generation to come along that appreciates the truth.
Unless you have a credible source, this is a lie, pure and simple.

Archaeology
A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[4] A number of theories have been put forward to account for the origins of the Israelites, and despite differing details they agree on Israel's Canaanite origins.[24] The culture of the earliest Israelite settlements is Canaanite, their cult-objects are those of the Canaanite god El, the pottery remains in the local Canaanite tradition, and the alphabet used is early Canaanite, and almost the sole marker distinguishing the "Israelite" villages from Canaanite sites is an absence of pig bones, although whether even this is an ethnic marker or is due to other factors remains a matter of dispute.[25] There is archeological evidence of the Caananite Hyksos people moving into and out of northern Egypt, thou

Upvote 0

FanofYECWATCH

Mar 23, 2013
✟128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although science would try to disprove it; the bible has never failed to be nothing but truth.

"...the bible has never failed to be nothing but truth" is at least a double negative. (And "failed" can considered an implied negative.) So I assume that you are saying: "The Bible is always truthful."

But that still leaves the reader with two possible interpretations:

"The Bible writers were always sincere in telling what they believed to be true. They never deliberately misled or lied to the reader." OR "The Bible writers not only wrote sincerely, they wrote absolute truth. No factual error will ever be found in the Bible."

Either way, does Science "try to disprove it"? That makes it sound like the scientific method is involved in some sort of conspiracy to discredit the Bible in general. But the scientific method doesn't attack or focus on particular authorities. It doesn't debate theology. The scientific method explores everything we observe in the natural world. And it can evaluate an hypothesis that happens to arise from religion-related topics and things mentioned in the Bible.

But the grandiose charge that science tries to prove that the Bible is not a source of truth doesn't make sense to me. I would want to see evidence that science is "trying to prove" what toolmanjantzi is claiming. (Could you please do that? Either by a general description or a representative example?)

To consider that charge against science (that it tries to prove/disprove a theological claim that the Bible is consistently factually true), I would also want to know what is your definition of science. Surely it can be agreed that we are talking about modern science, which is based upon the scientific method, and not some of the colloquial definitions of science that are much like those from ancient times: "knowledge in general including popular opinion regardless of merit or experimental verification." (I've noticed that a lot of Christian literature and websites talking about "Science used to say this but now it says that" are confusing the folk science and ancient myths with modern science. For example, bloodletting was never a part of modern science. It was a popular remedy going back thousands of years and promoted in the writings of Galen, a Roman doctor who treated wounded gladiators. Yet science-critics like Ray Comfort try to blame bloodletting on modern science: "Trusting the authority of science got a lot of people killed by bleeding already sick people to death.")

Upvote 0

FanofYECWATCH

Mar 23, 2013
✟128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I should say for clarification that my questions are for the sake of discussion. As a Christian I certainly believe in the truth of Jesus' teachings. But I want to better understand the thinking of both believers and non-believers in Jesus. And that also includes my believing Christian friends who have beliefs which differ from mine. So by asking questions, I'm not stating opposition to the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Joshua0

Unless you have a credible source, this is a lie, pure and simple. Archaeology A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,
Let me know when you want to join us in the real world. Because your claim that: "archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence" is so far from reality that it is just to far out there for me to even try to deal with. I am sorry but I am just going to let you be, to wonder off into oblivion on this one. Maybe someone else can fix it, but for me it is beyond repair. Also this sort of revisionism does not even belong on this form. It belongs on the alternate theology forum. I mean I understand the Muslims in Egypt trying to promote this nonsense because of the Muslim conflict with Israel, but I really do not want to go there to get into this. As a general rule I try to stay out of this sort of political discussions.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

So what did they find?
Click on the video and watch the PBS program to see what they find. I think it is all very awesome.

578122_446058332139590_2123332093_n.jpg

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Click on the video and watch the PBS program to see what they find. I think it is all very awesome.
I did glance at it. Didn't see anything about Exodus. Of course there is a lot of archeology that supports the bible, if that is what you mean.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

Either way, does Science "try to disprove it"?
Science does not prove or disprove the Bible. Science helps us as a tool to know how accurate our understanding of the Bible is. For example the idea of a "world wide flood" has been shown NOT to be true by science. So we have to go back to the drawing board to try to discover the meaning of the story of the Flood in the Bible and how to apply that to our lives today. We have an ancient document that is over 3500 years old and we need all the help we can get from science to help us to understand the document that we have to work with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrenchyBearpaw

Take time for granite.
Jun 13, 2011
✟4,283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let me know when you want to join us in the real world. Because your claim that: "archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence" is so far from reality that it is just to far out there for me to even try to deal with. I am sorry but I am just going to let you be, to wonder off into oblivion on this one. Maybe someone else can fix it, but for me it is beyond repair. Also this sort of revisionism does not even belong on this form. It belongs on the alternate theology forum. I mean I understand the Muslims in Egypt trying to promote this nonsense because of the Muslim conflict with Israel, but I really do not want to go there to get into this. As a general rule I try to stay out of this sort of political discussions.

Yet you still have not provided any evidence.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For example the idea of a "world wide flood" has been shown NOT to be true by science. So we have to go back to the drawing board to try to discover the meaning of the story of the Flood in the Bible and how to apply that to our lives today. We have an ancient document that is over 3500 years old and we need all the help we can get from science to help us to understand the document that we have to work with.

Go just one more step further and you win!

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
FanofYECWATCH said:
I should say for clarification that my questions are for the sake of discussion. As a Christian I certainly believe in the truth of Jesus' teachings. But I want to better understand the thinking of both believers and non-believers in Jesus. And that also includes my believing Christian friends who have beliefs which differ from mine. So by asking questions, I'm not stating opposition to the Bible.

I don't think I buy this. Do you believe the continents were separate at the time of creation, or after the flood?

Upvote 0

toolmanjantzi

Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 1, 2013
Sundridge, Ontario
✟49,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Joshua0 said:
Science does not prove or disprove the Bible. Science helps us as a tool to know how accurate our understanding of the Bible is. For example the idea of a "world wide flood" has been shown NOT to be true by science. So we have to go back to the drawing board to try to discover the meaning of the story of the Flood in the Bible and how to apply that to our lives today. We have an ancient document that is over 3500 years old and we need all the help we can get from science to help us to understand the document that we have to work with.

That's your opinion regarding a local flood. Way to believe a lie.

Upvote 0

cathbeahm

God Speak
Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
✟15,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It could also be a testable prediction of genetics, couldn't it? or a testable prediction of anatomy? or a testable prediction of pahtology?

But PR Department wouldn't go for that, would they?
No, not so quick...The Bible says it...I BELIEVE IT...and that settles it. Remember without faith it is impossible to please God!

Upvote 0