Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You said this in response to my reference to the Law of the Nazirite.
So God wants people who serve him to not drink alcohol. Which means that Jesus Christ did not drink alcohol because he served God. And if we follow Jesus Christ then we must not drink alcohol.
God Bless
Again you are trying ram the Law of the Nazirite down the throat of all Christians. But a simple reading of that law reveals certain specifics that completely derail your argument. Read it slowly word by word.-
Numbers 6v1Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2“Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When either a man or woman consecrates an offering to take the vow of a Nazirite, to separate himself to the Lord,
3he shall separate himself from wine and similar drink; he shall drink neither vinegar made from wine nor vinegar made from similar drink;
neither shall he drink any grape juice, nor eat fresh grapes or raisins.
4All the days of his separation he shall eat nothing that is produced by the grapevine, from seed to skin.

You will note that this passage makes a clear distinction between grape juice, wine, and vinegar. This proves that wine cannot be mere grape juice as you claim. Vinegar is again different to both juice and wine. Three completely different results are produced from grapes.

Grape juice gets crushed out of the grapes by treading them in an earth dug wine press (with dirty feet). If you drink it very quickly, it will not have had time to ferment into alcohol.

However that fresh grape juice, with no help from men, immediately begins to ferment, rapidly turning the sugars into alcohol and CO2 gas. This conversion of simple juice to alcohol is proven by Jesus's instruction of new wine needing new wine skins. The fermentation of the new wine will fill the wineskins with CO2, stretching them like a balloon. Old wine skins have lost their stretch and will burst, loosing all the wine.

Although they didn't understand the process, vinegar is produced when a fruit fly lands on the wine, depositing a certain bacteria which turns the wine sour or into vinegar.

This passage shows three distinctly different drinks, all from grapes, proving yet again that it is utterly dishonest to pretend that wine was not alcoholic.

All of this presents a real problem for your claim that Jesus was a Nazirite.
Firstly it proves that wine is not the same as juice, and never can be no matter how much you twist scripture.
Secondly, the Nazirite was not just prohibited from drinking wine, but also prohibited from eating anything to do with grapes or even raisins (dried grapes), including "from seed to skin".
Every last bit of the grape vine was a sin for the Nazirite!

Mark4v25Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God.”
"I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine" = alcoholic wine. To "not drink again", meant that he usually drank it with them.

Lk22v18For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

Matt26v29Mark my words—I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my Father’s Kingdom.”

Jn19v28After this, knowing that everything had now been accomplished, and to fulfill the Scripture, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” 29A jar of sour wine was sitting there. So they soaked a sponge in the wine, put it on a stalk of hyssop, and lifted it to His mouth. 30When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished.” And bowing His head, He yielded up His spirit.…
And the very last thing Jesus did on earth was drink sour wine, a great sin according to some. Ooops, did Jesus sin by error, just before going to his Father?

God gave Israel and abundance of vineyards as part of the promised land, a "Land flowing with milk and honey. He promised abundant harvest when they walked faithfully before him. Yet you deceive people out of the land of promise by pretending that alcohol is a sin.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
But the question is:Did he drink it? Quote the bible where it says that Jesus Christ himself drank wine.
Absolutely yes. He shared the passover wine with his disciples, and drank sour wine on the cross.
Anyone who has read the entire Bible knows how much God did not want fermented products being offered to him and Jesus Christ is the image/son of God.
When scripture clearly says the opposite, to claim the Lord didn't want fermented products is a huge deception.

Numbers28v6This is a regular burnt offering established at Mount Sinai as a pleasing aroma, an offering made by fire to the LORD. 7And the drink offering accompanying each lamb shall be a quarter hin. Pour out the offering of fermented drink to the LORD in the sanctuary area.
Given that it had to be fermented, this was an instruction to pour out an offering of alcoholic wine before the Lord.
And taking the point you made above, Jesus is God's own son, therefore we can presume the human form of God also enjoyed fermented wine. By making that statement, you have proved Jesus drank alcohol.

You are worshipping a sacred cow, and are now so spiritually bound by it that you can't bear to hear the truth.
I get the impression that this all goes directly back to your home church, the place where you feel safe. A place that you have been taught is the only source of righteousness and doctrinal truth.
Finding that you have been deceived by men with an agenda can be quite frightening and destabilising.
If you want to be free, then please let go of this obsession and start seeking God for himself.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Like i said in my previous posts IF all wine have alcohol then Jesus Christ did not drink it.

Jesus was Jewish. As a Jew Jesus celebrated the Passover. The Passover Seder always includes wine. That alone should be somewhat sufficient.

Can you qoute the scripture that actually support the fact that he DID consume an alcoholic drink?
Hosea 4:10 -11 says "They will eat but not have enough; they will engage in prostitution but not flourish,because they have deserted the Lord to give themselves to prostitution;old wine and new wine take away their understanding.
May God Bless You

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds." - Matthew 11:19

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0