Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God told me that drinking alcohol is a sin. Do you really think God would lie to me?
God tells everyone else that drinking alcohol is OK....in the Bible.

I think many people getting special messages "from God" are mistaken. Even if youre right, the rest of Christians have the Bible as a guide, and not your special message.

Upvote 0

Big Boo

Ghastly
Mar 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
✟17,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
God tells everyone else that drinking alcohol is OK....in the Bible.

I think many people getting special messages "from God" are mistaken. Even if youre right, the rest of Christians have the Bible as a guide, and not your special message.

There weren't cars and car accidents when the Gospels were written. Perhaps drinking alcohol was okay 2,000 years ago when automobile accidents were nonexistent, since technology was so primitive and automobiles weren't around. But we're living in different times, and scripture should sometimes be interpreted relatively, particularly when it comes to alcohol consumption. What do you think?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
God told me that drinking alcohol is a sin. Do you really think God would lie to me?
"God told me", is a refuge countless people have used and still use to justify evil. I have to tell you that God tells me that drinking alcohol is fine.

If you insist its a sin, then show where scripture tells us so. And I'm just talking about drinking alcohol itself, not getting drunk.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There weren't cars and car accidents when the Gospels were written. Perhaps drinking alcohol was okay 2,000 years ago when automobile accidents were nonexistent, since technology was so primitive and automobiles weren't around. But we're living in different times, and scripture should sometimes be interpreted relatively, particularly when it comes to alcohol consumption. What do you think?
Why does the alcohol get the blame and not the cars. I mean the alcohol was around first and its divinely sanctioned whereas cars are not.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

Big Boo

Ghastly
Mar 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
✟17,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Why does the alcohol get the blame and not the cars. I mean the alcohol was around first and its divinely sanctioned whereas cars are not.

Because it's the drunk driver who is responsible for killing people in the event of an accident, not the car itself.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
So, God didn't say alcohol was a sin, you worked it out in your head that because there are more cars these days, God should change the rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Boo

Ghastly
Mar 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
✟17,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
So, God didn't say alcohol was a sin, you worked it out in your head that because there are more cars these days, God should change the rules.

What I'm saying is that scripture should sometimes be interpreted relatively, particularly when it comes to alcohol consumption. So yes, basically.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Because it's the drunk driver who is responsible for killing people in the event of an accident, not the car itself.
So drunk driving is the sin, not alcohol.

Your logic would be the same as putting a murderer's gun on trial and sentencing it to life imprisonment.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If only drunk driving was illegal it would go away, just like alcohol will when it's also made illegal.

• Winner
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By that reasoning people two thousand years ago had access to satellite broadcasts, the internet, vaccines, and the automobile. But they very much--and very obviously--did not.

Pasteurization is a modern technology. It did not exist two thousand years ago. There was no way to preserve the pressings from grapes and inhibit fermentation. The natural yeasts that simply exist on the grapes themselves would take their course and the pressings from the grapes would become wine--all on their own. There was no way, technologically, to stop nature from taking its course.

It's not even a question of whether or not Jesus drank wine. Because of course He did.

-CryptoLutheran
Like i said in my previous posts IF all wine have alcohol then Jesus Christ did not drink it.
Can you qoute the scripture that actually support the fact that he DID consume an alcoholic drink?
Hosea 4:10 -11 says "They will eat but not have enough; they will engage in prostitution but not flourish,because they have deserted the Lord to give themselves to prostitution;old wine and new wine take away their understanding.
May God Bless You

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....old wine and new wine take away their understanding.....
Yes. In excess, it can do that. And this tells us the "wine", new and old, in the Bible is definitely contains alcohol.

But Jesus still made it for the wedding, according to the Bible.

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. In excess, it can do that. And this tells us the "wine", new and old, in the Bible is definitely contains alcohol.

But Jesus still made it for the wedding, according to the Bible.
But the question is:Did he drink it? Quote the bible where it says that Jesus Christ himself drank wine.
Anyone who has read the entire Bible knows how much God did not want fermented products being offered to him and Jesus Christ is the image/son of God.
Jesus Christ did drink something but i never read in the bible where it says HE drank alcoholic drinks.
May God Bless You

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But the question is:Did he drink it? Quote the bible where it says that Jesus Christ himself drank wine.
Anyone who has read the entire Bible knows how much God did not want fermented products being offered to him and Jesus Christ is the image/son of God.
Jesus Christ did drink something but i never read in the bible where it says HE drank alcoholic drinks.
May God Bless You
I dont know if Jesus drank wine. But clearly He made it for people to drink. And we're people, not gods.

Upvote 0