✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

I was meditating on this scripture and it was revealed to me a part of what heaven will be like, is that everyone will belong to everyone else and our conversation and camaraderie will all flow like it does when we are in the presence of our best friends. Just imagine it... billions of best friends maybe more. Just thought I'd share that today God bless you all in Jesus

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

I was meditating on this scripture and it was revealed to me a part of what heaven will be like, is that everyone will belong to everyone else and our conversation and camaraderie will all flow like it does when we are in the presence of our best friends. Just imagine it... billions of best friends maybe more. Just thought I'd share that today God bless you all in Jesus
I think that is a human-centric view. We have no idea what life will be like resurrected. Your statement is necessarily couched in a self-defining dichotomy of friend/enemy that won't exist. There won't be any enemies! What we need to conceptualize is a world where no enemies exist, no reason for enemies exist and no measure where enemies is a metric exists.

It's like living in Eden prior to Adam's disobedience. There was no knowledge of good and evil; there was only good (Gen. 1:31). No one since Genesis 3:7 has ever lived in the unadulterated state; we've known only the post-disobedient state in which sin has entered and the reality is we known only that state unawares until brought to Christ.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What we need to conceptualize is a world where no enemies exist, no reason for enemies exist and no measure where enemies is a metric exists.
Like no instinctive tribal mentality while holed up in our gated communities called caves (or elections)

there was only good
But we didn't know it having no knowledge of it. :)

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think that is a human-centric view. We have no idea what life will be like resurrected. Your statement is necessarily couched in a self-defining dichotomy of friend/enemy that won't exist.

Wha? I just said we'd be friends with everyone in heaven (including us) that has nothing to do with any dichotomy. If everyone is friends with everyone else, there are no enemies.

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wha? I just said we'd be friends with everyone in heaven (including us)...
No, that's not all that was said.
...that has nothing to do with any dichotomy.
Sure it does. The word "friends" does not exist in a vacuum.
If everyone is friends with everyone else, there are no enemies.
Yep.

My point is that "friends" is a human-centric way of viewing what is 1) likely to be incomprehensible from our current experience and 2) much, much grander than mere friendship. We will all have the same Spirit and dwell in unity, completeness, and Christlikeness. We're not just friends, we're sons and daughters and siblings. It's the my-sibling-is-my-best-friend kind of relationship on heavenly steroids without hint of rivalry, enmity, or anything of the not-friend variety.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's the my-sibling-is-my-best-friend kind of relationship on heavenly steroids without hint of rivalry, enmity, or anything of the not-friend variety

Well that's exactly what I'm saying.

No, that's not all that was said.

I'm elaborating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Will the knowledge of good and evil be removed thus deleting our god status? Sin wasn't the knowledge of each but choosing to gain it in the first place contrary to God's will

That's a question we dont really have a good answer to. The serpent said "you will be like gods" but knowledge of good and evil only brought enslavement. We were much better off before this as Adam and Eve were closer to God without "god status" as told by the serpent.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's a question we dont really have a good answer to. The serpent said "you will be like gods" but knowledge of good and evil only brought enslavement. We were much better off before this as Adam and Eve were closer to God without "god status" as told by the serpent.
Don't forget what God said. Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

• Useful
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0