Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I've been toying with a philosophical concept I seem to have made up myself that everyone has their own, individualized heaven. When they die and go to heaven, their reality becomes that which is wholesome and pleases them. A more generalized heaven might not work as well. For example, I have a very love-hate relationship with my family. I go back and forth on what I think of some of them. If given the option, I might not prefer to spend the rest of eternity with them after all. I know I've said otherwise in the past... I'm just not sure.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've been toying with a philosophical concept I seem to have made up myself that everyone has their own, individualized heaven. When they die and go to heaven, their reality becomes that which is wholesome and pleases them. A more generalized heaven might not work as well. For example, I have a very love-hate relationship with my family. I go back and forth on what I think of some of them. If given the option, I might not prefer to spend the rest of eternity with them after all. I know I've said otherwise in the past... I'm just not sure.

Just out of curiousity what scripture has caused you to come to this conclusion?

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Just out of curiousity what scripture has caused you to come to this conclusion?

None, I'm using philosophy, which I hope is allowed, and you can refute my ideas with the Bible or other philosophy.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
None, I'm using philosophy, which I hope is allowed, and you can refute my ideas with the Bible or other philosophy.
not going to refute becuase you can't really prove this with scripture which is why i asked, this is a philosophical ideoligy I have come across before...just going to post some advice if you can't confirm an ideoligy with the mind of God... wouldn't just jump on it.

Colossians 2:8

“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)

Revelation 22:18-19 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
revelations 22 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

But yep God bless

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does that fit in with the following:

Luke 16:19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have always thought that we will enjoy in heaven what truly makes our hearts happy. For instance, heaven without animals just won't be heaven for me, and because the Father truly wants to give us all good things (Matthew 7:11), I believe that there will be animals in heaven for me. As for the family thing, I know what you mean, but we won't be thinking and perceiving in a carnal, worldly way anymore, we'll be purely spiritual, and I believe we will see things (such as why certain people were a certain way) through God's eyes, and we will be able to understand, forgive and love as He loves.

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
not going to refute becuase you can't really prove this with scripture which is why i asked, this is a philosophical ideoligy I have come across before...just going to post some advice if you can't confirm an ideoligy with the mind of God... wouldn't just jump on it.

Colossians 2:8

“Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)

Revelation 22:18-19 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
revelations 22 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

But yep God bless
How does that fit in with the following:

Luke 16:19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Are you guys refuting me in love? If not, first cast the beam out of your own eye.

And I just get the feeling that I may have a different interpretation of the verses -57 posted. I wasn't able to actually see anything wrong with them.

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have always thought that we will enjoy in heaven what truly makes our hearts happy. For instance, heaven without animals just won't be heaven for me, and because the Father truly wants to give us all good things (Matthew 7:11), I believe that there will be animals in heaven for me. As for the family thing, I know what you mean, but we won't be thinking and perceiving in a carnal, worldly way anymore, we'll be purely spiritual, and I believe we will see things (such as why certain people were a certain way) through God's eyes, and we will be able to understand, forgive and love as He loves.
That verse is just saying how God knows even more so then humans to give good things to humans on Earth. It isn't referring to what humans get in heaven but rather what humans can get on Earth. I see where you're coming from though.
Are you guys refuting me in love? If not, first cast the beam out of your own eye.

And I just get the feeling that I may have a different interpretation of the verses -57 posted. I wasn't able to actually see anything wrong with them.

Yes this is out of love.

Proverbs 15:32

“He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

King James Version (KJV)

One of my favorite verses that I have to memory it's fine to correct/inform others as long as it's correction done out of love. JESUS himself corrected many.

But yeah this is out of love and just giving advice, I find some philosophical ideals interesting myself being a poli science major looking to go into law but I understand that if I can't prove it with scripture I shouldn't go with it. Also God even says he planned heaven. We even see with Adam, God already made Earth and the animals and so forth before he had Adam naming the animals. In revelations I believe 21 even the size of new jerusalem is already there.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That verse is just saying how God knows even more so then humans to give good things to humans on Earth. It isn't referring to what humans get in heaven but rather what humans can get on Earth. I see where you're coming from though.

Yes, I know, but my line of thought is, if He wants to give me such good things here on earth, how much more so in heaven? :)

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I know, but my line of thought is, if He wants to give me such good things here on earth, how much more so in heaven? :)
But as like with Earth my point is he already has good things planned for us. THe verse actually ironically supports what i'm suggesting, that God knows better than us what is good for us and he doesn't ask for our input becuase he more so then anyone else knows what's good for us.

He has streets of Gold, he has a gate, he has a city that he himself manifested because he as matthew 7:11 supports knows more so then even we what is good for us and others. I believe everyone who makes it to heaven will be happy with it even if it doesn't have basketball goals or whatever else we would like there. IN fact the bible even says the people in heaven will rejoice. He has the size already and everything planned and set for those who make it in.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But as like with Earth my point is he already has good things planned for us. THe verse actually ironically supports what i'm suggesting, that God knows better than us what is good for us and he doesn't ask for our input becuase he more so then anyone else knows what's good for us.

He has streets of Gold, he has a gate, he has a city that he himself manifested because he as matthew 7:11 supports knows more so then even we what is good for us and others. I believe everyone who makes it to heaven will be happy with it even if it doesn't have basketball goals or whatever else we would like there. IN fact the bible even says the people in heaven will rejoice. He has the size already and everything planned and set for those who make it in.

This is a great post.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Oh I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've been toying with a philosophical concept I seem to have made up myself that everyone has their own, individualized heaven.
Heaven gets too much clichéd reporting. Angels and clouds and so on. I think Heaven is closer to what you say. Like the union with a lover. Yet God is our ultimate lover. Heaven is bliss, union with the divine in any way you want to describe it. You thought sex, drugs and rock nr roll were good? It doesnt even come close to Heaven.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is a great post.

To clarify GOAT, you used philosophy in a good way without knowing it. You stated that God knows what we want better than we do, so there's no point in catering to a specific person's needs, and He is capable of creating a general heaven that everyone enjoys.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Heaven gets too much clichéd reporting. Angels and clouds and so on. I think Heaven is closer to what you say. Like the union with a lover. Yet God is our ultimate lover. Heaven is bliss, union with the divine in any way you want to describe it.

You just read my mind.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think that everyone necessarily has their own individualized Heaven, but I don't think that Heaven is going to be the same thing to everyone. In other words, when Christ comes back, I think that the restored Earth will just be as diverse in biology, climate, geography, culture, etc. as it is today. Scripture talks a lot about creation crying out and groaning to be restored and made right, and that it will all be sorted out. The poetry in the Old Testament talks about the wolf and the lamb lying next to each other, and the thorns and thistle in the garden being replaced by beautiful flowers. Then in the Revelation, the Holy City comes down to Earth so that God may dwell forever with His Creation, it says nothing about us all residing in there (in fact, it says the that nations will bring their splendor to it), nor about it making the Earth some sort of singular experiences and doing the same thing.

Upvote 0