Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The bigger picture:

Matthew 25
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
And since you care about the bigger picture, have you given all your possessions and property to illegal migrants as an act of love?

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,486,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earthly government do what earthly governments do...which is mainly unGodly because this is a fallen world ruled since Eden by tooth and claw. Government aid programs are not an attempt to be Godly, but merely a tool for continuing their government. Even the ancient Roman empire had a welfare system by which they provided free bread and entertainment to poor Roman citizens.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟917,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And since you care about the bigger picture, have you given all your possessions and property to illegal migrants as an act of love?
Your argument does not justify the actions of those who are against Matthew 25:42-43. Why? We are not asked to give all our possessions and properties we are asked to love them which means help rather than continually condemn. Pretty simple.

Thanks for engaging.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,428.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your argument does not justify the actions of those who are against Matthew 25:42-43. Why? We are not asked to give all our possessions and properties we are asked to love them which means help rather than continually condemn. Pretty simple.

Thanks for engaging.
Be blessed.
Hold on. You interpret love towards people as inviting them into your country/community, even if it is forced on unwilling people. If rejecting people from your community is an action against them, how do you justify your actions against others who may want a home to live in? You don't care about the consequences of unbounded immigration, so why do you care about the consequences of opening your home to the stranger?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
do any of the people who "love" these illegals despite them violating our LAWS ever harbor the homeless they see begging on the street corners? The Bible uses those exact words: harbor the shelterless, is the verbatim, I believe.

Why are Americans who are downtrodden LAST in biden's America? why don't we house THOSE people FIRST, if nothing else. But we don't really have room in the country even if we were to help all the homeless people first.

And besides, we have MAJOR security issues...China is buying land in the US.. !! (near military bases)... not sure what govt

agencies /politicians are responsible for THAT catastrophe!

Remember the balloons from China flying over the whole country west to east? SURVEILLING us!

We have serious security problems in this country. The Chinese are having a field day in our colleges SPYING.. and etc...

I wish people would more closely follow the news. It seems like few know about these things..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟917,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hold on. You interpret love towards people as inviting them into your country/community, even if it is forced on unwilling people. If rejecting people from your community is an action against them, how do you justify your actions against others who may want a home to live in? You don't care about the consequences of unbounded immigration, so why do you care about the consequences of opening your home to the stranger?
Sorry I'm not going to continue down this path. It is unfruitful.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,428.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I'm not going to continue down this path. It is unfruitful.
Then don't. But in the future when you accuse others of being unloving for preferring borders over unfettered immigration, be more prepared to argue your point.

Because the crux of your position is that we have to abandon earthly consequences to fulfill what Christ commanded us and this is why you support the imposition of illegal migration on people who object to it. I maintain that not only individuals should have the freedom to refuse entry to their houses, but communities more broadly can have that right.

Because migration of peoples has consequences and they are not all positive.

Upvote 0