✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 4:

1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, “I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.”
The word "help" is not in the Hebrew. Its sense is expressed by a simple preposition.

With the help of
אֶת־ (’eṯ-)
Preposition
Strong's 854: Nearness, near, with, by, at, among

Literal Standard Version:

And the man knew his wife Eve, and she conceives and bears Cain, and says, “I have acquired a man by YHWH”;
Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges:

the particle êth is rendered as a preposition in the sense of “in conjunction with,” and so “with the help of,” “by the means of.”
König, who holds an eminent position both as a commentator and as a Hebrew grammarian and lexicographer, has recently strongly defended the rendering of êth as a preposition meaning “with,” in the sense here given by the English version “with the help of” (see Z.A.T.W. 1912, Pt i, pp. 22 ff.). The words will then express the thanksgiving of Eve on her safe deliverance of a child. It is a pledge of Divine favour. Child-birth has been “with the help of the Lord.”
Eve thanked God for giving birth to a baby. It is a standard acknowledgment.

NIV Genesis 30:

22 Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and enabled her to conceive.
Isaiah 44:

2a Thus says the LORD who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you.
A human soul is formed when a detached breadth of God enters a fetus' body.

• Informative
Reactions: olgamc

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟13,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I disagree.

A Soul is synonymous with its Genome. The Genome is formed at conception.

Any living organism that has DNA, has a Soul.

As for the verse you quoted...

Genesis 4:1
"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD."

You should focus on the word 'gotten'...

It can mean 'buy' and it can also mean 'sell'. In other words, the name 'Cain' means 'to buy and sell'. Sound familiar?

Yes, the name of the Beast is Cain. The Mark of the Beast is the Mark of Cain.

Anyhow, Eve 'paid the price' to have a child, that is why she named him Cain.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟13,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
any verse support?

Sure...

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

We now know that the above verse is describing DNA. The Genome creates proteins, flesh, bones, body, etc. via the Spirit.

DNA in the Bible is sometimes referred to as a 'Twoedged Sword'. Soul and Spirit are divided at the DNA level...

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

• Word of God: Genome
  • Quick/Quicken: To be made alive
  • Twoedged Sword: DNA
  • Soul: Genome
  • Spirit: Electromagnetism (that which quickens and makes alive)
  • Joints and Marrow: Flesh and Bones
We can literally quantify, measure, etc. exactly where Soul and Spirit are divided in any living organism. The Lake of Fire is designed to get rid of bad Genetic traits (i.e., destroy the Soul)...

Matthew 10:28
"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

Because the Soul is Genetic information, only God can destroy it. I call it 'God Eugenics'.

There are plenty of other verses, themes, etc. I am only scratching the surface here.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 4:

The word "help" is not in the Hebrew. Its sense is expressed by a simple preposition.

With the help of
אֶת־ (’eṯ-)
Preposition
Strong's 854: Nearness, near, with, by, at, among

Literal Standard Version:

Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges:

Eve thanked God for giving birth to a baby. It is a standard acknowledgment.

NIV Genesis 30:

Isaiah 44:

Genesis 4:1 in the original Hebrew actually states that Eve though she had given birth to Jehovah.

וְהָאָדָם, יָדַע אֶת-חַוָּה אִשְׁתּוֹ; וַתַּהַר, וַתֵּלֶד
אֶת-קַיִן, וַתֹּאמֶר, קָנִיתִי אִישׁ אֶת-יְהוָה.

The original Hebrew states.
And the man knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man: Jehovah.”
Eve would not have stated this in Genesis 4:1, if she had not understood Genesis 3:15 as a promise of a Messiah God

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟13,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who are "we"? Any scholarly reference support? I prefer to debate scholarly people.

Wow seriously?

"We", as in practically the entire human race, knows what DNA is now. Many have a general understanding of how it works.

Words become flesh. How do you not know this?

Here, let me wiki that for you...

Deoxyribonucleic acid is a polymer composed of two polynucleotide chains that coil around each other to form a double helix.

Is that 'scholarly' enough for you?

Seed contains DNA. Both Science and the Bible agree...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God."

Your argument of Seed not containing a Soul is absolute rubbish.

Again, the Sword is both Soul and Spirit combined...

Ephesians 6:17
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

• Sword = DNA (Word of God + Spirit)
  • Word of God = Soul, i.e., Genome
I use the Bible to define what a Soul is, not Man's opinion as you have done with Watchman Nee.

Is this your own research?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BibleVerseCommentary/comments/1bfdy75

So, you cite yourself as the so called 'scholar' with your opinions as 'scholarly reference support' and call it good?

On Reddit?

Really?

Upvote 0