Ethics & Morality?? America Is An Overflowing Sewer Of Sin And Filth (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Take for example the Golden Rule: You are no doubt aware that nearly every great religious leader or philosopher, most of whom pre-date Jesus' Earthly life, have expressed that siple sentiment in one form or another?

The origin of the "Golden Rule" is in the Old Testament, the Torah. It is from God.

Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Lol, good point. If I may, you forgot how Satan is at the root of everything, even another believers' words if they don't agree with Floatingaxe's opinion of what a mature believer is or believes. Otherwise, you did a great job on that post and I love how you reworded it to mean the same thing. Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beechy

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2005
✟19,890.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Lol, good point. If I may, you forgot how Satan is at the root of everything, even another believers' words if they don't agree with Floatingaxe's opinion of what a mature believer is or believes. Otherwise, you did a great job on that post and I love how you reworded it to mean the same thing. Lol.
Thanks -- there have just been so many pages in this thread I was trying to collect the main points into a single coherent thought.

As for the Satan thing, yeah ... I guess that is part of the explanation as to why something set forth by not-a-true-believer may conflict with the Truth as relayed by a Mature Believer ... because the not-a-true-believer is susceptible to Satanic influence in a way that the Mature Believer is not. But I'm not as clear on this one (which is why I left it out) ...

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks -- there have just been so many pages in this thread I was trying to collect the main points into a single coherent thought.

As for the Satan thing, yeah ... I guess that is part of the explanation as to why something set forth by not-a-true-believer may conflict with the Truth as relayed by a Mature Believer ... because the not-a-true-believer is susceptible to Satanic influence in a way that the Mature Believer is not.

We are all susceptible. In fact a believer is more of a target, because we are more hated. However, believers have awesome weapons to defeat Satan when we detect him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

As for the Satan thing, yeah ... I guess that is part of the explanation as to why something set forth by not-a-true-believer may conflict with the Truth as relayed by a Mature Believer ... because the not-a-true-believer is susceptible to Satanic influence in a way that the Mature Believer is not. But I'm not as clear on this one (which is why I left it out) ...

True enough. It just seems to me that Floatingaxe has a boogey man mentality when it comes to Satan. Christianity is diverse and there are many opinions on what Satan is and is not, and I understand the belief in Satan as I used to believe in him myself. But the boogey man mentality mentioned earlier just irks me. The belief that even other believers are influenced by Satan simply because they don't agree with those of the "mature believer" just bothers me.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But similar rules are found in Hinduism which is older than Judaism.

I reality, God's rule for reciprocity have always been in existence, since even before Judaism, but weren't written. His law is written upon the hearts of men. It is all originated from God.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
True enough. It just seems to me that Floatingaxe has a boogey man mentality when it comes to Satan. Christianity is diverse and there are many opinions on what Satan is and is not, and I understand the belief in Satan as I used to believe in him myself. But the boogey man mentality mentioned earlier just irks me. The belief that even other believers are influenced by Satan simply because they don't agree with those of the "mature believer" just bothers me.

You are the one who is claiming the "Boogey man" idea. It surely doesn't come from me.

If it is bothersome, the truth of it is there for you to behold.

Upvote 0

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

2n6i3dg.gif

I don't know what your cooking up but flashing your portrait to the Internet ought to bring the boogy man right to your front doorstep. :scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.