Ethical investing

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You can invest in funds/companies that offer a decent return without hurting anyone. Everyone wins. That's (ideally) capitalism and is the engine the USA runs on.
When one person wins, where do you think the 'profit' comes from ?
Perhaps somewhere there is honest, wholesome, UNharmful type investing. Yes, this may be.
But in any company that utilizes the stock market or any similar market.
Yes, that is the engine the USA runs on. Too bad. Many are hurt by it, and to trust it is , well, not permitted from what I can see in Scripture.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
? This is not helping me brothers...

I cant pull my savings till im 65 or buy a house. So the money is got to be invested in something. Its a govt scheme. Everyone who is working has joined. We may not be elgible for any kind of pension at age 65 in the future.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

I cant pull my savings till im 65 or buy a house. So the money is got to be invested in something. Its a govt scheme. Everyone who is working has joined. We may not be elgible for any kind of pension at age 65 in the future.
Well,
I think Jesus suggested a bank.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟623,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You seem to be opposed to the idea of investing, so I won't argue with you. I do disagree with your implication that investing is a zero-sum game, though. You can invest in funds/companies that offer a decent return without hurting anyone. Everyone wins. That's (ideally) capitalism and is the engine the USA runs on.
Yep, you can select several companies that you agree with that pay good dividends and sit back and let it roll in; just keep an eye on them. New management may go in a different direction that you don't like. You have to keep up on things......

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will just wait till someone replies with practical sense.
It does not help anyone to be told, investment it risky because its plainly obvious. It doesnt mean nobody should ever do it. But I dont want someone else i dont trust playing around with my savings investing it in dodgy companies.
But I cant spend all my time picking and choosing because kiwisaver is a mutual fund. Remember i cant access it till im 65 or buy a house.
Housing is the number one investment. Yet its so unaffordable these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What's not helping you. You've got some 25 posts designed to help you. I've given you specific instructions on getting prospectuses for your kiwi savings vehicle. I totally agree that you should be investing. The sooner you start the better off you'll be at age 65. Both of my kids are investing and if they keep it up they'll both be millionaires when they retire.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟623,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I will just wait till someone replies with practical sense.
It does not help anyone to be told, investment it risky because its plainly obvious. It doesnt mean nobody should ever do it. But I dont want someone else i dont trust playing around with my savings investing it in dodgy companies.
But I cant spend all my time picking and choosing because kiwisaver is a mutual fund. Remember i cant access it till im 65 or buy a house.
Housing is the number one investment. Yet its so unaffordable these days.
You can't access timothyplan.com on the web?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok here is my list i found so far..

Grosvenor
Koinioia
Superlife ethica

I can only pick one. I also have to be mindul of fees. Theres probably more, but thats what i found so far.
They all have to be kiwisaver, i put other money in term deposits already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟623,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No it didnt show. I will try again.
If you are restricted to what is in your plan it probably is not there....it is something you would have to do on your own thru a personal account like Schwab or e-Trade.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok here is my list i found so far..

Grosevener
Koinioia
Superlife ethica

I can only pick one. I also have to be mindul of fees. Theres probably more, but thats what i found so far.
They all have to be kiwisaver, i put other money in term deposits already.
Are these mutual funds? If so, you should be able to get the prospectus for each of them.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟456,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looked at Koinioia. I assume the others are also NZ available funds that might fit your ethical criteria. First, I would find out if they are available options in your plan. Then, as others have said, request a prospectus. That will tell you where they invest and help you decide.

Prayers for you as you go through this decision process.

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0