✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
It's just not possible to take what you post seriously, since you don't believe the MOST CLEAR verse on eternal security in the Bible.

Maybe you just don't comprehend the words. Either way, the impossibility remains.
If you again are taking John 10:28 out of context, that is insane.
What is truly insane is reading a very clear, plain and straightforward sentence about the CAUSE and EFFECT of having (possessing) eternal life and failing to comprehend the sentence is directly about eternal security.

What is very clear is that you do not understand the meaning of words.

But, since you've thrown out the charge that my claims on John 10:28 are "taken out of context", you're going to have to prove your claim, which you cannot, because I've already shown that what Jesus SAID is exactly the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life. Which IS eternal security.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
Like your theology, your bet would lose badly.

I am neither reformed nor Arminian, which are what came out of the reformation.
Then you are Nicolaitan, the only doctrine that fits what you believe. Yikes.
Are you serious? Do you even know what those evil people believed and practiced?

You're either just very dishonest, or unbalanced to the extreme.

But since you've thrown out the charge, now I dare you to prove anything I've said is even close to what the Nicolaitans believed.

But you're going to fold like a napkin instead.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:
I marvel that you do not understand that "walks holy" is an act of obedience, which is filed under the heading of works, or deeds, and not of faith.
Yep, you're Nicolaitan alright, the doctrine God hates.
Well, this is worse than just dense.

Believers ARE commanded to walk holy, blameless and worthy. Got it? But NOT for salvation, but for blessings and reward. Which you obviously have no clue about.

And talking about the doctrine God hates, He sure does hate OSNAS since His Son clearly taught OSAS in John 10:28.

But, go ahead and continue to oppose the teaching of your Savior. See how far that will get you.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said in post #2582:

There are NO CONDITIONS for recipients of eternal life to meet in order to not perish.

You have proven your unteachable spirit.

When the very clear statement by Jesus in John 10:28 about no conditions for recipients to meet in order to not perish, has been shared, it is clear that you have directly rejected the teaching of Jesus.

In NO WAY does Luke 13:3 or ANY OTHER VERSE interpret John 10:28. It needs no interpretation. It is as straightforward as can be about eternal security.

Therefore, it is not possible to take any of your posts seriously.

Romans 2:6-8 needs no interpretation either. It's as straightforward as can be about the conditions for eternal life.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
FreeGrace2 said:
It's just not possible to take what you post seriously, since you don't believe the MOST CLEAR verse on eternal security in the Bible.

Maybe you just don't comprehend the words. Either way, the impossibility remains.

What is truly insane is reading a very clear, plain and straightforward sentence about the CAUSE and EFFECT of having (possessing) eternal life and failing to comprehend the sentence is directly about eternal security.

But, since you've thrown out the charge that my claims on John 10:28 are "taken out of context", you're going to have to prove your claim, which you cannot, because I've already shown that what Jesus SAID is exactly the CAUSE and EFFECT of having eternal life. Which IS eternal security.

The scriptures are warning you, and take heed because you need it, that those who do as you do, will not have eternal life. So you are counting on dust to hold you up.

I'm trying to help you, but you are one of these guys who don't want to be seen as wrong. Nobody's fooled, except Doug. I don't know who stole his body, because he used to make sense.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
FreeGrace2 said:
Like your theology, your bet would lose badly.

I am neither reformed nor Arminian, which are what came out of the reformation.

Are you serious? Do you even know what those evil people believed and practiced?

You're either just very dishonest, or unbalanced to the extreme.

But since you've thrown out the charge, now I dare you to prove anything I've said is even close to what the Nicolaitans believed.

But you're going to fold like a napkin instead.

You do not believe sins of the flesh will keep you out of heaven. Right? That would be obedience to God, and according to you, a work.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
FreeGrace2 said:
I marvel that you do not understand that "walks holy" is an act of obedience, which is filed under the heading of works, or deeds, and not of faith.

Well, this is worse than just dense.

Believers ARE commanded to walk holy, blameless and worthy. Got it? But NOT for salvation, but for blessings and reward. Which you obviously have no clue about.

And talking about the doctrine God hates, He sure does hate OSNAS since His Son clearly taught OSAS in John 10:28.

But, go ahead and continue to oppose the teaching of your Savior. See how far that will get you.

You have clearly said that obedience is a work.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
1 John 2:17 is the key verse on eternal security; and it is interpreted by 1 John 3:6.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17.

Here we are eternally secure in that we will abide in Christ for ever if we do the will of God. The will of God is, among other things, that we believe on his Son. What does it mean to abide in Christ?

It means that we are branches in the vine; we draw up nourishment from the vine, and produce good fruit because of the fact that we are connected to the vine as branches.

It also means the following:

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 1 John 3:6.

Now John may here be using hyperbole, exaggerating to make the point that when we become born again and begin to become connected to Christ, it is because we have made a 180-degree turn away from sin, death, and hell, towards righteousness, life, and heaven.

We are no longer walking in the direction of sin as true, bona fide, born again, believers in Christ who are abiding in Him, drawing up nourishment from Him and not relying on ourselves to accomplish God's will in our lives, but rather trusting Him to live His life in us and through us.

Now He is without sin, so if I am not the one living, but it is Christ in me who is living my life (Galatians 2:20), the behaviour of my life will be His perfect behaviour. And as long as I abide in the Saviour and He is living His life in me and through me, I am saved. Not by my own works, but by His perfection of life that He lives out in me and through me.

And in 1 John 2:17 it declares plainly that he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

This means that there is eternal security in my abiding in Christ; because He promises that my abiding in Him does not ever have to end. It is not dependent on me but on Him: He works within me both to
will and to do according to His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). He also causes me to walk in His statutes and in His judgments (Ezekiel 36:25-27).

I am kept by His power through my faith (1 Peter 1:5). And also, I keep myself because I am begotten of God (1 Peter 1:3, 1 John 5:18). And yet again, it is God who works in me both to will and to do according to His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13); so He gets all the glory and credit, even though He requires me to hold on to my salvation in keeping myself (again, 1 John 5:18).

The question arises, how do I keep myself? The answer is, I only must needs be willing to surrender to the Lord at any given moment what He desires of me. I keep myself by continuing to be willing to be submitted to Him. After all, Jesus is not only the Saviour, He is Lord of all. And no one can say that except by the power of the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3). So then, since He is Lord, He is deserving of having His subjects be entirely submitted to His Lordship. Jesus asked once, And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do no the things which I say? Luke 6:46.

Salvation is dependent on us confessing Him as Lord (Romans 10:9-10). And confession is, by definition, to agree with God about something. So if God does not see you as being submitted to His Lordship in your life, you can mouth the words, Jesus is Lord, all you want, but it is only empty words because He is not your Lord; since you are not submitted to His Lordship in your life.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 2:6-8 needs no interpretation either. It's as straightforward as can be about the conditions for eternal life.
Go ahead and keep ignoring my 3 questions, all of which will reveal the hand you are playing, which will show that your theology is far from Christianity.

1. Explain WHY Jesus is called the Savior. What did He DO to be Savior?

2. Explain WHY both water baptism and communion include the cross that you mock.

3. Explain what redemption means and how it was accomplished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
FreeGrace2 said:

The scriptures are warning you, and take heed because you need it, that those who do as you do, will not have eternal life.
More clear evidence that you do not either understand or believe what the Bibles about who possesses eternal life.

I need no warning at all, since Jesus Christ GAVE ME the gift of eternal life way back WHEN I put my full trust in Him for what He did for me on the cross and promises to do for those He gives eternal life.

So you are counting on dust to hold you up.
Kinda stupid to refer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as "dust".

I'm trying to help you
Quite the opposite, actually. And the only reason I keep responding to your posts is to share the truth of Scripture. But unfortunately, just like Pharaoh, the more some people resist truth, the harder they get. Please take that as a warning.

but you are one of these guys who don't want to be seen as wrong.
In fact, every time I've been shown an error, I have acknowledged it.

Nobody's fooled, except Doug. I don't know who stole his body, because he used to make sense.
What's clear is that nothing you post makes sense. And none of it can be found in Scripture.

• Prayers
Reactions: justbyfaith
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You do not believe sins of the flesh will keep you out of heaven. Right?
Since Jesus Christ died for all sins on the cross, of course I don't believe that sins of any kind can keep me out of heaven. But now you'll just wrongly interpret (translate: twist and pervert) that I teach "sin like hell, and go to heaven". Which would be a total LIE, not that this fact would stop you.

That would be obedience to God, and according to you, a work.
Obedience to God does not get one into heaven. Faith in Christ gets one into heaven.

It's the difference between grace and works. Which it appears you have no clue.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
1 John 2:17 is the key verse on eternal security; and it is interpreted by 1 John 3:6.
No, the key verse on eternal security is John 10:28, plain and simple.

And, 1 John 2:17 is interpreted by John 6:40. Do the math, and if you still disagree, explain how and why I'm in error.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:17.
The key here is "will of God". And John 6:40 tells us what the will of God is, specifically. And it IS about eternal life.

Here we are eternally secure in that we will abide in Christ for ever if we do the will of God. What does it mean to abide in Christ?
Wrong question. The right question is what is the will of God? It's for believers to have eternal life, that's what.

And abiding in Christ is NOT found in 1 John 2:17. The word is used for fellowship, or intimacy, if the word 'fellowship' scares you away.

• Prayers
Reactions: justbyfaith
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

This is better than you've presented in the past. You didn't even appear to be Christian.

But how are you going to obey that COMMAND if you don't have the Holy Spirit, and the only way to have the Holy Spirit is to repent of all sin, which you don't believe in?

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It is clear you have no idea what "context" means. Or the difference between a conditional sentence and a descriptional sentence.

The description IS a condition!

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
FreeGrace2 said:

More clear evidence that you do not either understand or believe what the Bibles about who possesses eternal life.

I need no warning at all, since Jesus Christ GAVE ME the gift of eternal life way back WHEN I put my full trust in Him for what He did for me on the cross and promises to do for those He gives eternal life.

Kinda stupid to refer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, as "dust".

Quite the opposite, actually. And the only reason I keep responding to your posts is to share the truth of Scripture. But unfortunately, just like Pharaoh, the more some people resist truth, the harder they get. Please take that as a warning.

In fact, every time I've been shown an error, I have acknowledged it.

What's clear is that nothing you post makes sense. And none of it can be found in Scripture.

We are trying to HELP YOU. It is clear your doctrine is in error, and you may not even be saved to HAVE eternal life! "Therefore by their fruits you will know them." Your fruits are sour.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Since Jesus Christ died for all sins on the cross, of course I don't believe that sins of any kind can keep me out of heaven. But now you'll just wrongly interpret (translate: twist and pervert) that I teach "sin like hell, and go to heaven". Which would be a total LIE, not that this fact would stop you.

Obedience to God does not get one into heaven. Faith in Christ gets one into heaven.

It's the difference between grace and works. Which it appears you have no clue.

And what is grace? I told you the meaning according to how Luke wrote it. But you didn't seem to like it when I told you.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't argued otherwise.

And we are saved by grace, not of works. Want the verses on that?

Eph 2:8,9

Still abbreviating I see. Don't you know how to spell Ephesians? And what works is Paul talking about? Do you know?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.