Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am speaking of a great mystery in the bible. Some things are very deeply spiritual in their understanding. This mystery of the Light of Christ, the Seed, the word of God is one of those mysteries. This is connected to the mystery of Christ in you the hope of glory.

I don't believe I said anyone has to teach a child to lie. And I did say that a child is born with a sin nature. But that child hasn't actually sinned until they transgress a known law. Their sin nature is as i understand it, dormant or not revived until the commandment comes to their understanding. This some call the age of accountability. Paul says he was alive once without the law. This "alive I believe is speaking of spiritual life in Christ as he had as a child. I am not alone in seeing that Paul is referring to the time when he was a child without the law. Other commentators I have found agree n this.

When Paul says sin "revived" then he died. he is speaking of understanding the law and his sin nature ( that was there but not active so to speak) was revived. The death is spiritual death . separation from God .

Adam was alive before he sinned, and God said the "DAY" you eat you shall surely "DIE". Now we know that when Adam ate the fruit he didn't die physically right then. He died spiritually and this was in his connection to God. Separated from God is spiritual death. Even if fallen angels and men who die in sin go to hell and are conscious. This is not to live in the life (Christ) but in death. Jesus said let the dead bury their dead when speaking of spiritually dead men. Dead in trespasses and sins. They are dead to God dead in spiritual life. When a person is born again they are now spiritually alive to God in Christ. Jesus said he is the life.

No I don't agree. He says he was alive without the law once. This life is spiritual life in Christ. If a infant dies lets say at one hour of life. I believe Christ still died for them. And Jesus blessed the infants. This infant is in Christ by God's grace I believe. For Christ died for the sin of the whole world and for all men. The only way a child could go to God is if they have eternal life, to be "alive: spiritually in Christ. This is what I believe all infants have through the work of the cross and by Gods grace for them. We know that all infants have the true Light that lights them (John 1:9) this light will eventually reprove all sin. But until the child actually knowingly transgresses the law they are not dead yet as Paul seems to imply and as we see in other places.

Paul is not referring to only the physical death of the law, for not all sin has a death penalty under the law. He said he was alive once without the law and then dead when sin revived. The expression sin revived and he died is telling.

Show me from scripture that a infant is not alive in Christ. We read in Romans 5 that the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. The true Light lights every infant that is alive. Yes they are born with a sin nature. But sin is not imputed to them while there is "NO LAW" . They are know anything and they do not know how to do right or wrong. To him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not to him it s sin. God only judges according to the light they have. Where no law is there is no transgression. The infant has not done good or evil yet. They are in grace as i understand. That grace is the grace of salvation purchased by Christ for them

The alternative to this understanding is to condemn all infants at one day old to hell if they die. But this is not what I see in scripture. Jesus blessed the infants and said of such is the kingdom. Can any imagine God saying to a one day old infant that died. "away from me ye that work iniquity"?. But the infant has not worked any iniquity yet.

I am not saying as you imply I am that when Paul says he was alive once without the law, that that life he speaks of is his natural human spirit life. I believe Paul as an infant (like I believe ALL infants have) had spiritual life in Christ through the grace of God and Jesus sacrifice for sin for the whole world. He died, not physically when the commandment came, but he died in that spiritual life connected to Christ. Eternal life is Christ. When we are in Christ we have eternal life. But as John said in 1 John if we hate our brother eternal life does not abide ( remain) in us any more. So yes a person can lose that eternal life in sin. When sin revives and they die, i see that death as them now being dead in trespasses and sins. And they need to repent and be born again to have Christ formed in them .

Jesus said they are condemned WHEN they hate the light. So until they actually hate the light because their deeds are evil, they are not condemned. The opposite of being condemned is to be saved in Christ in the Light in the life and eternal life of Christ. The opportunity to "show
" itself, is when sin revives. This sin reviving I see as the sin nature now acting and alive. He then became alive unto sin but dead unto God when that happened, as all will do when the understanding of the law comes to them and their sin nature rebels.

This is not what is being said. We know that men sinned from Adam to Moses and God judged the entire world for sin in Genesis. We see many sinning all through the event from Adam to Moses. But we know that even if they did not have the Mosaic law God was reproving them of sin inwardly by the true Light that lighteh every man that cometh into the world (John 1:9). This light will reprove al things (Eph 5) . Jesus said that whosoever ( that would include all men from Adam to Moses) doeth evil hateth the light and that the light reproves them of sin.

Paul also said of such men who didnt have the law of Moses written in stone,

"14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) 16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."(Romans 2:14-16 KJV)

These secrets of men is the inward reality of men. This is where the Seed , or word of God, Christ the true Light shines and works.

"

This is all through the old and new Testaments. This is a mystery hid from ages and generation now made known.

Paul is not referring to the curse of the law specifically or the death sentence. he says he was alive without the law and dead when sin revived by the commandment .

We see more of this mystery when Paul speaks of it in Romans 10 He refers to Dueteronomy 30 in the chapter. This also shows the mystery that all men know and the work of the law inwardly and that Christ has always been there as the true Light lighting every man and reproving all men from the beginning

consider deeply this

"11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it."(Duet 30:11-14 KJV)

Even before the law of Moses was given God has worked it in all mens hearts. This is how God can judge all men and the secrets of men.

Infants also need Christ death for them, and only because of God's grace and the salvation offered in Christ can any infant have this life. It is God's mercy and grace and love that saves the infants. Jesus said they were blessed and of such are the kingdom.

No you are wrong here, the parable is a deep mystery and it does show that the Sower The Father sows Christ the seed , word of God in every heart. Though not in union with the hearts unless the seed takes root.

Consider the parable carefully and you will see that the seed is sown in every heart. But how the heart reacts to the seed is the issue. Some hearts are hard to the seed and others filled with other things.

If you can see and understand this parable you will understand what I am talking about in the great Mystery. I don't say this to be better than anyone or puffed up. But rather to attempt to speak of the deep things of God and the mystery of Christ in you.

"13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred."(Mark 4:13-20 KJV)

Sin is separation from God and not being in communion with the Father at all times.

We are born into sin
just as fish are born into water.
None are Dry, no not one.​

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,499.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sin is separation from God and not being in communion with the Father at all times.

We are born into sin
just as fish are born into water.
None are Dry, no not one.​
Yes,I agree that all are born with a sin nature and will die. But as I have been trying to show, infants and young children I see are saved until they have “sin revive” when the understanding of the Law comes ir the wirk of the law inwardly by the light, .then they will sin by actual transgression abs hate the light abs THEN be condemned. This defeats many points of Calvinism. Because if all infants in the world are in this similar state then by Gods grace and mercy they all have the true Light which lighteth every man that comets into the world. Then they are all saved and eject at one time and will be saved if they die in that state by the grace of God and only through the sacrifice if Jesus Christ for them. Jesus blessed the infants abs said if such is the kingdom of God.
This also defeats the doctrine of limited atonement fir Christ died for all these infants all over the world .
The alternative to this is to consign all one day old infants who die to hell but I don’t see that in scripture.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes,I agree that all are born with a sin nature and will die. But as I have been trying to show, infants and young children I see are saved until they have “sin revive” when the understanding of the Law comes ir the wirk of the law inwardly by the light...
Of course. God only sees the heart when making judgments.
Babies have nothing to fear. Priests do.

Upvote 0

Cormack

“I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”
Apr 21, 2020
London
✟94,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single