Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Changing up the spelling gets you around the filters, which is what you did.
This is a false statement. I didn't change profanity word spellings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You know, I was upset about Christians being killed by Muslims yesterday... I spent hours crying and praying, and feeling a certain amount of guilt over it as well anyone might expect.
I didn't know, nor did I have any reason to know. Even if I bother tracking the never ending list of religious violence, I wouldn't have any idea which news had bother which posters personally.
I entered this thread hoping for a touch of light conversation that could be had because this did used to be something we agreed upon on both sides of the aisle, and since we were discussing a NYT article I thought it would be a good reset to bring me back to earth before going back to more serious conversation in other threads.

I could not have been more wrong.
This sub-forum is a knife fight and it's not going to get any less cut-throat in an election year.
It was discussing a NYT article from a few years back. I thought it would be a little light agreement here on at least the basics.

You know, NYT from back when everyone read it.

At any rate, I'm probably out for a day or two.. take care.
Take care and don't worry about responding to any posts from me or anyone else until you are ready. (And it is fine to just leave a particular thread w/o a reply.)

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, I was upset about Christians being killed by Muslims yesterday... I spent hours crying and praying, and feeling a certain amount of guilt over it as well anyone might expect.

I entered this thread hoping for a touch of light conversation that could be had because this did used to be something we agreed upon on both sides of the aisle, and since we were discussing a NYT article I thought it would be a good reset to bring me back to earth before going back to more serious conversation in other threads.

I could not have been more wrong.
This was your first post on this thread in response to another poster:
Looks like partisan blindness right there.
Doesn't seem like something someone looking for "a touch of light conversation" should start off with.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I entered this thread hoping for a touch of light conversation...
And yet your first post in this thread was:

"Looks like partisan blindness right there."

An accusatory statement is not an invitation for "light conversation".

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This was your first post on this thread in response to another poster:

Doesn't seem like something someone looking for "a touch of light conversation" should start off with.

And yet your first post in this thread was:

"Looks like partisan blindness right there."

An accusatory statement is not an invitation for "light conversation".

Her second post wasn't much better:

It really can... These are serious issues and the left used to talk about them all the time but now suddenly everyone is silent on the left and claiming the right to be insane because we see the problems with this.

This is why I stopped trusting in the elections to begin with, all the mail in voting, all the unsecured ballot drop boxes, people found with hundreds of ballots.

Even if it's against my side I just want to know the truth. Who really won.

But it does look, I say this only due to the sudden silence on the left, like the left has decided to use the openly known insecurity to their benefit.
"Partisan blindeness!!!" "Leftist hypocrisy!!!"

"Why can't everybody be nice?"

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Her second post wasn't much better:

"Partisan blindeness!!!" "Leftist hypocrisy!!!"

"Why can't everybody be nice?"
Yeah, you can't come into a thread with guns a'blazin and expect people to greet you with garlands of flowers.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, you can't come into a thread with guns a'blazin and expect people to greet you with garlands of flowers.

The other posters include a guy with an armored helmet in the avatar, a gun sight for an avatar, and a general who once pledged to "make Georgia howl". (And that's without understanding the name of my account being a sci-fi sidearm.)

• Haha
Reactions: MForbes
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The biggest problem with mail-in ballots is you need a mailing address to get one. Even my state, which switched to mail-in ballots years ago, still has polling stations for people who don't have a mailing address or want to do it in person.

But there has not been a big issue with it. It has been working smoothly.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I didn't expect to get cussed at in response on a Christian forum.

And yes, anyone, literally anyone, who walks into a thread and can't have a normal conversation about a NYT article discussing a topic upon which both sides of the aisle used to wholeheartedly agree is suffering from severe partisanship.

No matter what side of the aisle they are on.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was being diplomatic before when I said this is a false statement.

Now I'm going to outright say you are lying. I did not cuss at you as you accused me of, and I did not change up profane words to get around the filters as you stated.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

And yes, anyone, literally anyone, who walks into a thread and can't have a normal conversation about a NYT article discussing a topic upon which both sides of the aisle used to wholeheartedly agree is suffering from severe partisanship.

No matter what side of the aisle they are on.
OP's piece quoted three NYT articles. As I already pointed out, its presentation of quote from two of those articles was just blatantly dishonest and the way it quoted the third cherry-picked the potential negatives while ignoring the other parts of the article that described the potential upsides of mail-in voting.

It's hard to have a "normal conversation" about a topic when the thread starts out with something based on a falsehood.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Got news for you. There are folks on both sides of the aisle that actually agree that there was no voter fraud in 2020 or later.

It's the far-right that has it's panties in a wad, and they are the ones throwing out the name RINO and "severe partisan" when a Republican disagrees with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums