Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In this age of Trump it seems like Christian Conservative no longer take adultery and sexual harassment seriously (ie Trump's behavior is considered perfectly normal, even "macho" in some Christian circles. (staff edit)
But yesterday's news about Eric Bolling being fired from Fox News and his sons subsequent suicide Ousted Fox News Anchor Eric Bolling Says No Signs of Self-Harm in 19-Year-Old Son's Shocking Death is a stark reminder of why adultery and sexual perversion should be taken seriously in the Christian community...the fact that we continue to make excuses for this kind of behavior whether it be Donald J Trump or Bill Clinton just shows what a morally bankrupt country we are.
At any rate my prayers go out to Eric Bolling and his wife ...hopefully something good can come out of this tragedy...

Last edited by a moderator:

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's pray for the Bolling family. We already know about Clinton and Trump.

Yes Conservatives already know about Trump's behavior...they problem is that they either defend it or laugh it off.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes Conservatives already know about Trump's behavior...they problem is that they either defend it or laugh it off.
I don't know anyone who has done either.
I must lead a sheltered life.
Back to the Bolling family...

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, according to your source, there is no evidence that it was a suicide or any link between the son's death and the father's alleged sexual harassment.

His death is actually something of a mystery...no drugs or pills were found. But the toxicology results have yet to be released
Are you arguing that the sex harrassment scandal was not a factor? maybe...but every report that Ive read says he was devastated by the scandal
Eric Bolling Jr., 19, died emotionally wrecked by his father’s Fox News scandal, report says

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
His death is actually something of a mystery...no drugs or pills were found. But the toxicology results have yet to be released
Are you arguing that the sex harrassment scandal was not a factor? maybe...but every report that Ive read says he was devastated by the scandal
Eric Bolling Jr., 19, died emotionally wrecked by his father’s Fox News scandal, report says
I'm not saying it was or wasn't a factor. I'm saying that your source itself says that there is no evidence that it was a factor. It's therefore way too early to draw such a conclusion from the tragedy.

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not saying it was or wasn't a factor. I'm saying that your source itself says that there is no evidence that it was a factor. It's therefore way too early to draw such a conclusion from the tragedy.

Your right- it may just turn out to be a coincidence. But its not too far a stretch to say that immoral sexual behavior ("just guys being guys" as Trump fans would say) actually does hurt real people and has helped to destroy countless families.
whether thats the case here remains to be seen...

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your right- it may just turn out to be a coincidence. But its not too far a stretch to say that immoral sexual behavior ("just guys being guys" as Trump fans would say) actually does hurt real people and has helped to destroy countless families.
Right, but that means there's no need to make those allegations in this case. The known cases are good enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In this age of Trump it seems like Christian Conservative no longer take adultery and sexual harassment seriously (ie Trump's behavior is considered perfectly normal, even "macho" in some Christian circles.
But yesterday's news about Eric Bolling being fired from Fox News and his sons subsequent suicide Ousted Fox News Anchor Eric Bolling Says No Signs of Self-Harm in 19-Year-Old Son's Shocking Death is a stark reminder of why adultery and sexual perversion should be taken seriously in the Christian community...the fact that we continue to make excuses for this kind of behavior whether it be Donald J Trump or Bill Clinton just shows what a morally bankrupt country we are.
At any rate my prayers go out to Eric Bolling and his wife ...hopefully something good can come out of this tragedy...

I read the article you referenced. I get a different impression from the Google search returns using search term "Eric Chase Bolling death". With people writing fake news as a profession, it seems better not to make any hasty judgements in emotionally charged situations like these.
I agree with you on prayer for the Bolling family and the high price associated with "adultery and sexual perversion".

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

It's too early to come to a conclusion about what caused this tragic death, but not too early to milk it for cheap political points!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's too early to come to a conclusion about what caused this tragic death, but not too early to milk it for cheap political points!

I criticized both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump in the initial post...
And I'm more than happy to criticize Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, Barney Frank, Gary Hart, John F. Kennedy and the many other immoral/ unethical members of the Democrat Party.
The sad thing is that the Republicans used to be the party of morals. You couldn't even imagine someone like Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush behaving the way that Trump has behaved
But its pretty clear that in the modern alt-right iteration of the Republican Party, right and wrong and religious concepts of morality no longer matter...

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I criticized both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump in the initial post...
And I'm more than happy to criticize Anthony Weiner, John Edwards, Barney Frank, Gary Hart, John F. Kennedy and the many other immoral/ unethical members of the Democrat Party.
The sad thing is that the Republicans used to be the party of morals. You couldn't even imagine someone like Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush behaving the way that Trump has behaved
But its pretty clear that in the modern alt-right iteration of the Republican Party, right and wrong and religious concepts of morality no longer matter...

One of the Republican party's most cherished principles is to tell voters that they will support some cause or other, and then when in office do nothing or actively oppose it.

A notable example of this would be the number of republican congressmen who campaign on opposition to Obamacare for up to seven years, even putting forth actual votes to repeal it when they knew that such repeals would only be vetoed, who then argued that it would be irresponsible and immoral to repeal the bill the second it was possible to do so.

That's only one small examples of this proud Republican tradition. Examples could be multiplied for weeks.

If those are the principles that we are losing in a new iteration of a conservative movement, I can't say that I'll miss them.

And as for morals, what precisely has the conservative movement actually conserved in that area?

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the Republican party's most cherished principles is to tell voters that they will support some cause or other, and then when in office do nothing or actively oppose it.

A notable example of this would be the number of republican congressmen who campaign on opposition to Obamacare for up to seven years, even putting forth actual votes to repeal it when they knew that such repeals would only be vetoed, who then argued that it would be irresponsible and immoral to repeal the bill the second it was possible to do so.

That's only one small examples of this proud Republican tradition. Examples could be multiplied for weeks.

If those are the principles that we are losing in a new iteration of a conservative movement, I can't say that I'll miss them.

And as for morals, what precisely has the conservative movement actually conserved in that area?

At the Family Leadership Summit, Donald Trump told Frank Luntz that he had never asked God for forgiveness. Can you imagine if George W Bush or Ronald Reagan were to utter such an arrogant, stupid, self important comment?
Trump is the only politician in american history who would answer a question in that way...hes also the only politician in american history to write a book where he literally brags about committing adultery...I could go on and on with all the moral and societal norms that Donald Trump has shattered...
But none of that matters to the so called Christian Conservative voters. The fact of the matter is that they voted for him BECAUSE of his bad behavior. They love him because he gets away with being a bully and gets away with cheating on his wife.
I can understand the frustration with Republicans/ RINOS who refuse to fight...but in this last election we had some proven fighters to choose from...Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz. They were actually fighting for conservative values when Trump was still donating money to Anthony Weiner and Hillary Clinton.
And any of those other Republicans would have repealed Obamacare by now...
During the election all of the Trump fans kept saying that Trump was "the only one who could get the job done" It turns out to be just the opposite.

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was a post about Bolling's tragedy.

I guess it really wasn't though.

Well the very first sentence of my initial post was "In this age of Trump it seems like Christian Conservative no longer take adultery and sexual harassment seriously (ie Trump's behavior is considered perfectly normal, even "macho" in some Christian circles:"
That was the point right from the beginning-- the normalization of immorality amongst Christian Conservatives.

Upvote 0