• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

ER

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Theresa, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theresa

Theresa With Reason

+186
    Catholic
    Anybody watch tonight? I thought it was really good.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. KennySe

KennySe Habemus Papam!

+251
    Catholic
    I saw it.

And I agree with you.

When Luka said something about not feeling the Holy Spirit in that situation, I was VERY happy that the Holy Spirit got a mention on TV.

Jesus is mentioned a bit. And God is mentioned alot, especially the three word profanity.

But we rarely hear "The Holy Spirit" on secular TV.

And the woman gave Luca a CRUCIFIX, which saved his life. I liked that a lot too.

3. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    I taped it...I wasn't going to because I'm not really a huge excited person when ER does the shows just basing on one or two characters. But kind of like a last minute decision before I headed off to work I chose to set a tape for it.

If I get a chance to watch it tomorrow before work, I will so I can comment more.

But I'm glad to hear a bit about the episode....and what it had in it. :)

4. epiclesis

epiclesis Legend

+784
    Catholic
    Married
    I watched it. It was a nice episode. I could hardly keep awake though, lol

another show i'm insanely addicted to is Law and Order, I will do ANYTHING to watch all the episodes of that in a day (usually 5 ;) )

5. BAChristian

BAChristian Discerning the Diaconate. Please pray for me.

+214
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I like ER...but I'm an Alias and 24 junkie...

Thank God for Tivo!:clap:

6. Acceptance

Acceptance sugar and spice

+52
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    I love ER, but I always end up crying:cry: I'm such a sap.:blush:

7. Sleepy Jean

Sleepy Jean Schnapps!

+32
    Catholic
    Single
    I didn't... I watch cartoons and TV Land. :D

8. karla

karla Love God, Serve God

+122
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Saw it and loved it. I always end up crying too.

9. AngelAmidala

AngelAmidala Legend

+617
    Methodist
    Single
    Acceptance...that was me with Touched By An Angel. Just turn that show on and I'd be a wreck.

I finally watched my ER tape...and yeah, I cried in this one.

And it was really good.

I really wish they would've subtitled what Luka was saying before he was to be taken in to be shot....I'm sure it was a prayer in Croatian...but I would've loved to know what he was saying. And that music that was playing when he was praying....it sounded very familiar but I can't tell whether it was music I heard on another ER episode or what. Anyone know what it was?

I hope Luka realizes after all this that the Holy Spirit was with him that day...I mean...that woman gave him the crucifix that pretty much saved his life.

10. Acceptance

Acceptance sugar and spice

+52
    Catholic
    US-Republican
    Anyone here from the Chicago area? Ever gone to a Kane County Cougars game? We went this past summer and I got a good chuckle when a player was down on the field (he ended up being ok) and the trainers ran out and they played the ER theme song over the speakers.

11. Avila

Avila Boohoo moomoo, cebu

+4
    Catholic
    Oh no!!! We missed it!!! :( It sounds like it was excellent. Maybe I can find someone around here who taped it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.