Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
OK, so like I have never read Hebrews before, because I've always been afraid of it for some unknown reason.  So I decided to read it last night, and right after I heard the Newsboys song "Entertaining Angels" I come across this verse.

Do not forget to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels.

Hebrew 13:2

Whoa!  What's that mean?  Like, does it mean that if you're walking down the street there might be angels there?  (Not likely but maybe) or what?

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Well, yeah, if you're walking down the street, there probably are angels there.

My grandma lived near some railroad tracks during the depression. A lot of times, hobos would come to her door asking for something to eat. They were guys down on their luck, homeless and hungry, but that's not the only reason grandma always fed them. She always remembered that verse in Hebrews and set the men down on her back porch and gave them good food. Sometimes it was food that was taken out of the mouths of her family, because grandma and grandpa were very poor then, too. But she always wanted to be hospitable, in case one of them were an angel sent by God to test her heart. She always said, "Who knows if one of them was maybe an angel?"

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are really angels out there.

BTW as a side question, how do you entertain angels? If I am correct in believing that angels are incapable of feeling and have even higher standards than Bob Jones University, how does one entertain them without getting judged or punished? :eek:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I was sitting in Pershing Park in Washington DC once, feeling sad and sorry for myself. I had lost my marriage and my mom only a few months before, I didn't feel at all close to God. I felt like I couldn't see or know God anymore, because of my grief. I wasn't really praying, I was just sort of sitting there looking for a sign from above.

A beautiful woman walked into the park, lifted her hands and began to sing "How Great Thou Art."

She might have been an angel.

Upvote 0

Hoonbaba

Catholic Preterist
Apr 15, 2002
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟10,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi guys,

I just thought i'd jump in here.  I've heard of a few encouraging 'angel' stories, but anyway I just thought I'd share some encouraging verses:

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;  they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. (Ps 91:11-12)

Peter knocked at the outer entrance, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to answer the door. When she recognized Peter's voice, she was so overjoyed she ran back without opening it and exclaimed, "Peter is at the door!" "You're out of your mind," they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, "It must be his angel." (Acts 12:13-15)

See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven (Matt 18:10)

Anyway, would it be amazing to know that we've come upon myriads and myriads of angels in joyful assembly(Heb 12:22)?

And isn't it encouraging to know that angels minister to believers!? (Heb 1:14) =)

God bless!

-Jason

Upvote 0

Michael0701

Harley Ridin' Believer!!
Nov 13, 2002
Tax Free Delaware!!
Visit site
✟8,417.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As a child I was taught to pray to my guardian angel. It was a common Ukrainian catholic child's prayer. And I swear that my angel has stayed with me my adult life and gotten me out of some jams. I don't know whether I am "supposed" to believe in them but I do. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.