✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Library : The Enneagram: Spirituality It Is Not

This article disclosed the pagan origins of the enneagram.

Is the enneagram demonic?

Is the MBTI demonic?

Both are personality type systems. Wondering if any of you have found them to be “falsehood” or not.

*Looking for Orthodox answers*

• Informative
Reactions: AllDayFaith

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know the answer to that.

I find the general subject moderately interesting. However, when taking the MBTI test, I find the results less than satisfying; and the whole thing seems overly simplistic to me, certainly far too simplistic to claim it as any kind of personal label.

I don't see why the MBTI matrix only has four binary choices. It seems to me that any number of binary - or even non-binary - categories could be added to arrive at a more nuanced and thorough personality assessment. But it doesn't, and people are pigeon-holing themselves and basing vast segments of their lives on the results of those four binary categories.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't know the answer to that.

I find the general subject moderately interesting. However, when taking the MBTI test, I find the results less than satisfying; and the whole thing seems overly simplistic to me, certainly far too simplistic to claim it as any kind of personal label.

I don't see why the MBTI matrix only has four binary choices. It seems to me that any number of binary - or even non-binary - categories could be added to arrive at a more nuanced and thorough personality assessment. But it doesn't, and people are pigeon-holing themselves and basing vast segments of their lives on the results of those four binary categories.
It relies on cognitive functions, not the binary choices.

The 8 Cognitive Functions

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Read St. John of the Ladder for hard food or Abbas Dorotheos for something easier. Do not wander in murky labyrinths. What do you want to achieve?
Self-knowledge is what I want to achieve and I was wondering if they could help. The MBTI is about how people input and output information to other people and the enneagram helps one know their sin. I ask to figure out if they are helpful for those things as baselines, not as an identity.

Upvote 0