Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I gave a talk some years ago to a group of faithful on the need to be engaged in spiritual warfare today. After the talk, one of the attendees said to me, “Father, I am certain that I would not be able to sleep this night after listening to your talk on the demons and their activities in our lives.”

Her words reflect the sad attitude we have today regarding the reality of demons and their activities. We think that demons will just leave us in peace if we do not speak or think about them. The truth is that we can choose to ignore them, but they never ignore us for a single moment.

Let us hear from St. Peter about demons and our need to be vigilant always, “Your opponent the devil is prowling like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, solid in your faith.”(1Pet 5:8-9) It is thus naïve to think that we are safe simply because we do not want to hear or think about the devil and his demons.

On the contrary, demons are always busy, watching us with intense hatred, fully resolved and determined to bring us to share their destiny in hell. Because misery always seeks company, the intense misery of the demons makes them labor tirelessly to make us their companions in the fires of hell.

Continued below.