England
✟18,090.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
A bit about my story, I was delivered from new age stuff, channeling and psychic healing because it really messed with me. But I've been so hurt by the demonic oppression I went through that I am on medication, and the thing is long story short I just wanted healing. I thought by becoming a Christian it'd all go away. It didn't. And my conversion was real, I experienced Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Father, they were very real, I don't doubt that. For a long time I didn't touch energy healing. But now I've been asking myself "where is God now?" Even though I pray for healing all the time it never comes. An energy healer looked at me psychically a little while back (I didn't ask her to), and she said my soul is fractured and offered to heal it for me. I declined on advice from a Christian friend, but I was very concerned that she could even see this psychically. I thought I was protected by the blood of Jesus from so called psychic familiar spirits. Not so. I do have a fractured soul because I have CPTSD and MPD, and I have had trouble with multiple identity disorder.

TLDR; Basically I'm a mess mentally/emotionally/physically and I decided to try and do basic energy healing again on myself to help but just now I had an episode all of a sudden where I was absolutely wracked with guilt and felt like I couldn't forgive myself. Then as soon as the episode started it passed and I wonder if it wasn't part of my MPD.
I repented but I question myself should I continue (did it really help release my pain, or did I just make matters worse?), or should I stop instead. I just wanted to be whole and well.

Thanks. I can provide more details if necessary.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, I would say that if someone says you have a fractured soul, this can be just guessing or bluffing; one can say this, without actually seeing it. Plus, even if a non-Christian can see something about you, this does not mean he or she can truly heal you. The healing, if there really is any, could be only to your own self and making your own ego feel nicer; this is making you a bubble, possibly, maybe including by rigging circumstances so you feel better. But God corrects us so we are healed together with Him and one another, in His love. And we are not isolated, but we help each other.

So . . . because wrong people can not bring you to what is really right, it is not wise to consult with people of the world, about spiritual things. Again, if anyone is able to point out what is wrong with you, this does not mean the person can bring you to all which is right. You need to feed on God's word, and trust Him for all the good which His word says He has for us. And . . . by the way :) there are many confrontations, in the Bible, of how we can be wrong; but with His confrontations God also gives strong encouragements of all which is so right and good. So, feed on all His word says about all the good which He pleases to share with us, and do not only feed on any negative things about yourself.

Experiencing God includes obeying how He guides us to deal with our problems. What we try, ourselves, does not work. You are not the only one who has discovered this, I offer.

In my opinion . . . if you still are capable of retreating to a New Age way, then you need to get more real in trusting God, with no alternatives in mind. I trust Him . . . cold turkey, unconditionally . . . about my problems. And the Bible says to confess to one another and pray for one another to be healed of our sin problems, I consider, from James 5:16.

So, I understand that God is able to use any really Christian person to help you, but we know that any child of God can also help us. So, be encouraged how you a child of God have God-given ability to help others :)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont know if you actually went to this person or they just offered unsolicited advice. Edit..sorry i see now

You say you were delievered, but you need complete deliverance cos some new age demons obviously still hanging around or latching on to you.

I will PM you details of someone I know who deals with MPD. Edit..cant seem to do this on forum?! Oh anyway just google scott bitcon. Hes a deliverance minister.
God sees your brokenness. Only He can heal and deliver you competely. You need to find someone whos anointed and has experience of dealing with your disorder, though as the Bible says confess your faults one to another so that you are healed, call for elders in the church. They can pray for you. The fervant prayer of a righteous man availeth much (meaning, their prayers are effective) often mpd and stuff like that thats messed with your mind can only go out with prayer and fasting. We just take authority in the name of Jesus to cast demons out.

Eneergy healers can prey on those that demons have messed with. Sometimes they might offer helps but they always want to be paid and you to stay in dependent bondage to them forever. Dont go to them, they offer false hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's a question of interpretation, the same one we all face (though most face it with gifts of music, leadership, knowledge, etc.; things that are taught about). When God uses you for healing, energy transfers. (Luke 8:46, the Greek word is power). You have a choice of deciding who in your mind, will be in control, of the energy inside you. The churches do not teach these things (many even saying that the gifts no longer exist, but were only for the early church), so countless people don't understand. First, find a church that does teach all the gifts, and learn how they explain it. Then follow God's plan for your gifts instead of the plans you learned in New Age.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree with Ken. When Jesus healed, "power" went out from him. It is energy. He felt it go out from him. There are a variety of styles of energy healing, Reiki being probably the most recognized. One who practices Reiki has gone through initiation which includes meditation to reveal their Reiki master, which is where they get their energy from. If you want to get this kind of energy healing, please don't do it unless their "Reiki master" is the Lord Jesus, who is our great healer. Chances of finding someone who is a Christian and practices this (or any) form of energy healing, is pretty slim, because today's churches don't believe in energy healing - although there are some who believe in miraculous and instant healing.

Personally, I believe in laying on hands and praying, calling on Jesus so his energy can heal through the person's hands. I do not believe that this is a one-time miraculous type of healing, though, unless God chooses to do so for whatever person or reason. I think it's more of a way of relaxing so the body can rejuvenate. I think it's also a very comforting thing, to be prayed for, which increases the "feel good" brain chemicals, enabling you to manage your pain or condition a little easier. And I believe it is being touched - which conveys a sense of belonging and acceptance - that also contributes to an overall sense of well-being.

As for someone psychically knowing about your fragmented soul, some people are more sensitive to microexpressions. She probably noticed a mannerism, a look, or some other clue that told her you had a fragmented soul. But also, it's a pretty good guess, too. After all, probably 99% of the population has had a sense of fragmentation at some point or another - and it depends on how you interpret fragmentation. You have a diagnosis that tells you how you are "fragmented" but someone going through a divorce or loss through death, or even a conflicted relationship could interpret that as "fragmented" due to potential inner conflicts. So... I would not read too much into this stuff. It is not as powerful as you give it credit for.

Nothing compares to Jesus' power.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MayMcFlurry, the answers to everything are found through Jesus Christ. Don't do anything that reveals anything is your Lord other than Jesus. Due to your past non-Christian spiritual activities (and even without them), you need to keep fighting toward Jesus. You will be well rewarded eventually. It is a daily decision to follow Christ. Our goal is to come to trust God regardless of what happens to us. By leaning on him alone in spiritual matters, God grants more and more faith to you over time. The more you genuinely trust God (which only comes as a gift from God), the more of his power you will experience. Be sure to be studying Scripture regularly.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A bit about my story, I was delivered from new age stuff, channeling and psychic healing because it really messed with me. But I've been so hurt by the demonic oppression I went through that I am on medication, and the thing is long story short I just wanted healing. I thought by becoming a Christian it'd all go away. It didn't. And my conversion was real, I experienced Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Father, they were very real, I don't doubt that.
MayMcFlurry: http://www.gotquestions.org/Romans-road-salvation.html

For a long time I didn't touch energy healing. But now I've been asking myself "where is God now?" Even though I pray for healing all the time it never comes. An energy healer looked at me psychically a little while back (I didn't ask her to), and she said my soul is fractured and offered to heal it for me. I declined on advice from a Christian friend, but I was very concerned that she could even see this psychically. I thought I was protected by the blood of Jesus from so called psychic familiar spirits. Not so. I do have a fractured soul because I have CPTSD and MPD, and I have had trouble with multiple identity disorder.
MayMcFlurry: The bible tells us not to have anything to do with witchcraft/familiar spirits/occult practices, we're not to seek out those sources or give them consideration. It do sound like you should be discipled/mentored in the bible, please ask your minister about helping you in your faith walk, bible reading/bible studies etc.

Also...the bible say that the Lord restores our soul (Psalm 23), He's the one who gave us souls and He is the one we are to turn to for restoration of it, also read: Matthew 11:28-30, Romans 10:17, Psalm 119:2, Hebrews 4:16, 1 Peter 5:6-7, Hebrews 10:23-25,

TLDR; Basically I'm a mess mentally/emotionally/physically and I decided to try and do basic energy healing again on myself to help but just now I had an episode all of a sudden where I was absolutely wracked with guilt and felt like I couldn't forgive myself. Then as soon as the episode started it passed and I wonder if it wasn't part of my MPD.
I repented but I question myself should I continue (did it really help release my pain, or did I just make matters worse?), or should I stop instead. I just wanted to be whole and well.

Thanks. I can provide more details if necessary.
MayMcFlurry: Have nothing to do with any type of witchcraft/occult methods etc... as you have said at the beginning of your post, messing with psychic stuff/ New Age practices etc has messed you up, no point going back to what caused you so much trouble in the first place...stay away from it.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Ken.
Nothing compares to Jesus' power.
You gave a lot of good advice. You clearly have been through some of this and understand a lot about it. Most people I have known who have been in it as deep as May McFlurry sounds to have been, need to be under a mentor or advisor for a year or so, in order to reorganize their thinking Biblically. The two of you might want to pray about starting such a relationship.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
You gave a lot of good advice. You clearly have been through some of this and understand a lot about it. Most people I have known who have been in it as deep as May McFlurry sounds to have been, need to be under a mentor or advisor for a year or so, in order to reorganize their thinking Biblically. The two of you might want to pray about starting such a relationship.

Thank you, yes, I was exposed to all this once years ago when I was trained in natural health and healing (spa management). Every day before I went to school, I prayed a warfare prayer, and very often throughout the days I had to pray. It was a testament then, to Jesus. Once when we were learning about auras, we had to present ourselves to the class for them to read our aura. I asked to be excused from the exercise, but the instructor said I had to do it. I prayed as I walked to the front of the class, that they would not see me but that they would see Jesus. When I turned to face the class, the whole class took a breath and jumped back with wide eyes, and half the class said they could see Jesus. Right there in front of everyone, I praised him, that they knew he is real. I have many other stories about my time there as well, but that was a very significant one that involved the whole class (24 students).

I was also expected to go through the Reiki initiation meditation, and before it started, I asked the Spirit to intercede on my behalf, and I prayed for protection and Truth. When the meditation revealed the practitioner's "master", Jesus revealed himself to me, and so when I did my Reiki practicum, rather than channel some sort of universal energy, I prayed for healing for the client. My prayers were not just the regular "typical" prayers... I prayed very deeply for each person, and my hands would get very hot, and my clients could feel it. I have not done it since then. It is very focused and takes a lot of mental energy.

I am always available through the PM chat on this website and would answer any questions. I have just started a graduate program in university, and I also work full time, but I am on here once or twice a day and am willing to answer any questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, yes, I was exposed to all this once years ago when I was trained in natural health and healing (spa management). Every day before I went to school, I prayed a warfare prayer, and very often throughout the days I had to pray. It was a testament then, to Jesus. Once when we were learning about auras, we had to present ourselves to the class for them to read our aura. I asked to be excused from the exercise, but the instructor said I had to do it. I prayed as I walked to the front of the class, that they would not see me but that they would see Jesus. When I turned to face the class, the whole class took a breath and jumped back with wide eyes, and half the class said they could see Jesus. Right there in front of everyone, I praised him, that they knew he is real. I have many other stories about my time there as well, but that was a very significant one that involved the whole class (24 students).

I was also expected to go through the Reiki initiation meditation, and before it started, I asked the Spirit to intercede on my behalf, and I prayed for protection and Truth. When the meditation revealed the practitioner's "master", Jesus revealed himself to me, and so when I did my Reiki practicum, rather than channel some sort of universal energy, I prayed for healing for the client. My prayers were not just the regular "typical" prayers... I prayed very deeply for each person, and my hands would get very hot, and my clients could feel it. I have not done it since then. It is very focused and takes a lot of mental energy.

I am always available through the PM chat on this website and would answer any questions. I have just started a graduate program in university, and I also work full time, but I am on here once or twice a day and am willing to answer any questions.

Neatest aura story I ever heard of. Hot hands is often noted in healing prayer also.

I once looked at a lot of early New Age books (1910-1920). I noted that they seemed to be written for Christians originally, but never notated that way. You are aware, of course, that healing ministry pretty much started about 1910, as part of the return of the "charismatic gifts", and was rejected by mainline churches. From what I can tell, that forced the teaching books into the main stream market, where a critical factor was never mentioned. You see, the gift is only supposed to be used in the context of God providing some of the here-and-now details of the atonement. Without the churches teaching the truth, and books available to many Spirit unFilled persons, it was an open door for Satan to come in and create a counterfeit. Today, most people start with the discovery of the counterfeit, creating a lot of stories like yours.

By the way, did you ever realize that all the medical progress we now enjoy, started with the children of that generation, first preached to by folks like John G. Lake? Preaching the truth of healing built faith, and faith built the expectant motivation to research. God wants to heal us, whether by hot hands, or by science. We need to give ALL credit to Him, for everything good that happens.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
We need to give ALL credit to Him, for everything good that happens.

Indeed, but we also have to be aware and wary of energy healing that is not specifically through Jesus. I would not want to attend a Reiki practitioner whose Reiki master is an elf or wizard, for example, because for me, that would be inviting unwanted spiritual attention from all the wrong places. A Reiki practitioner does not typically reveal their master, so you never really know. I revealed mine because I have no shame, and he can bring a sense of well being whether I reveal him or not... but I choose to so that I can give him credit. I do not practice Reiki or even laying on hands anymore.

I was unaware of the history. That was interesting.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dont do reiki, sometimes evil spirits masquerading as Jesus can enter..it has to be the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth..test the spirits to see if they are of God.

Because satan masquerades as an angel of light. Be very careful about that. In revelation even the beast gets a miraculous healing, but it doesnt last.

I had done reiki but renounced it, there can be healings but we really need to just ask God and we are healed by Jesus blood sacrifice, not some reiki guru.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
You are not possessed. Claim the blood of Jesus over you. Your body is a temple of the spirit - and the temple of the Spirit. If Spirit dwells in you, then there is no room for a demon. Darkness and light cannot live together in the same person.

What are you "manifesting"?

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Spirit and soul are the same thing, but you can believe what you like. What are you manifesting?

The Bible says nothing about a "spirit of Jezebel". Jezebel was a manipulative and controlling woman who engaged in immorality, idolatry, false teaching and unrepentant sin. But Jezebel is not a "spirit" that can possess you.

Where are you getting your teaching from?

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are right, I'm still possessed. I stopped the energy healing but I've started manifesting and it's honestly tiring me out. Been fighting with this thing for months without realising. I am questioning my salvation.
I have known ex-witches who, years after being saved, still have lights go on automatically when they enter a room, things like that. It's like a rock star who gets saved, and stops singing the old music, thinking it is evil. He can't stop singing, because God made him to sing. He just needs to learn some new songs, so we direct him to the Pslams, and to contemporary Christian music. Many times, he eventually becomes a worship leader of renown. Churches for the most part, don't even suspect miraculous gifts of healing exist today, and only one a thousand can teach on it accurately. I don't know exactly how you are "manifesting", but I still think you need some real teaching on how these things are supposed to work in the Kingdom of God. Have you studied the Curry Blake videos on healing? (They'll come right up at youtube)

Reactions: MayMcFlurry
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the most difficult thing about being a Christian may well be the 'un-learning' process - identifying and discounting things you've learned before and since you received spiritual rebirth that aren't rooted in His revealed written word.

the description of the miracle healing of the woman with the issue of blood appears in two gospel accounts; in order to understand it, one must look at both of them:

Luk 8:43-48 KJV
(43) And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
(44) Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched.
(45) And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
(46) And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
(47) And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
(48) And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Mar 5:25-34 KJV
(25) And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
(26) And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
(27) When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
(28) For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
(29) And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
(30) And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
(31) And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
(32) And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
(33) But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
(34) And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Jesus clearly and consistently says in both descriptions that it was the woman's faith that made her whole - not energy flowing from Him, even though there is an implication that energy did flow from Him. Jesus put the emphasis on what the woman did to connect to God's healing power, not how that healing power reached her; and this is really good news, because no one can physically touch Jesus toady, but all can exercise faith.

this will help:

http://www.awmi.net/audio/audio-teachings/#/awm_1033a_blessed.mp3

http://www.moorelife.org/php/mlmMed...lectionName=Receiving And Ministering Healing

http://www.moorelife.org/php/mlmMed...ctionName=Receiving And Ministering Healing 2

Reactions: MayMcFlurry
Upvote 0