Oct 18, 2003
washington state
✟6,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
>But of course, us naive Americans may assume the world is falling apart,

Since WW2, the industrial-milltary complex that President Eisenhour warned us about has fostered its agenda by keeping the American people in constant fear - - - of something.

Second, humans are terrible at risk analysis. Most dangerous place in America is the bathroom.

Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Topic is welcome to all

What is everyones thought on society's current events that may lead to the end times or the persecution of christians?

I, frankly, am needing Christs strength to cope with the thought of this question. If terrible things start to happen should we flee to safer countries or cities? Does the Bible state such a safe place? Lately I have been having thoughts of triangles and eyes and can't seem to get them out of my head. I also seem to be noticing more triangles and eyes as company logos while driving around similar to the pyramid and eye on the back of the one dollar bill. I guess they are ok as long as there isn't any meaning behind them.

please discuss.:thumbsup:
Check out americaslastdays.com.It's quit edifying.Clearly we are in the last days,and it's time to get serious about our faith.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is no joke that the world is much safer than when Jesus was alive. The median life span had doubled.
So we live longer and slowly die of cancer?

We live in the age of bureaucracy - violence is in the penstrokes.

Upvote 0

billwald

Contributor
Oct 18, 2003
washington state
✟6,386.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since WW2 America has been the safest place (Except Switzerland) and the best economic conditions since Adam got kicked out of the Garden. Most of the the last generation has never unintentionally missed a meal nor ever seen a dead body except maybe laid real nice in a funeral home. The kids never think that an animals dies to provide us with meat. Been a local fuss about high school biology clases dissecting dead critters. One can't find out anything about life in the real world unless one watches BBC news.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Since WW2 America has been the safest place (Except Switzerland) and the best economic conditions since Adam got kicked out of the Garden. Most of the the last generation has never unintentionally missed a meal nor ever seen a dead body except maybe laid real nice in a funeral home. The kids never think that an animals dies to provide us with meat. Been a local fuss about high school biology clases dissecting dead critters. One can't find out anything about life in the real world unless one watches BBC news.
I dunno, when I was sleeping in my car I knew a lot of people who went without food for prolonged periods of time. Myself included. Also, I think maybe you're referring to people who grew up in cities?

Upvote 0

Called4Joy

Feb 18, 2007
NC
✟419.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you truly follow Christ and believe what His word says, then worry not.
He spoke of 'birthing pains' and things that had to be.
there is no 'safe' place and what God wants to happen will happen.

that's not to say we're not to be vigilant, but we can rely on God's faithfulness.
this world isnt our home and God didnt instill in us a spirit of fear and dread.
remain steadfast in your praise and worship of Him be uplifted by that.
time spent stressing over what may or may not happen is time wasted that could have been spent praising Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chickenutbread

Feb 14, 2007
✟15,177.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
my pastor did a sermon (just a few months ago) concerning the book of revelation and how some prophecies in there are coming true such as the earthquake in hawaii (which was totally unexpected), terrorist attacks and other current events that seem to be signalling the start of the "end" but as people above me have said, we should always be ready for Christ's return, not just when it looks like He is.

Upvote 0

ArmoredTruth

Jan 5, 2007
✟15,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
my pastor did a sermon (just a few months ago) concerning the book of revelation and how some prophecies in there are coming true such as the earthquake in hawaii (which was totally unexpected), terrorist attacks and other current events that seem to be signalling the start of the "end" but as people above me have said, we should always be ready for Christ's return, not just when it looks like He is.
sounds like an interesting sermon. you remember any details. for instance, hawaii? please elaborate if you can.

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
Events don't lead to the end times. Speculation about whether a certain event is a certain prophecy is quite unuseful and leads people to do other than what God wants us to do.

God didn't tell us to go forth and blow up all the nations so that he could come, he said to make disciples of all nations, bapitsing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Marv

So well said.

We are in another age of Inquisition. The 20th century has been the scandle of Christian Zionism. What is central to the faith? A great war and justification of violence for its sake. The destruction of Lebonon is just another event to celebrate for this faith. The dead in the middle east are like a scoreboard of Christ's arrival. Many have been wrong before and such things were thought to end at the turn of the last millenium(ignore history and repeat is written on the shampoo bottle of humanity). Are we so confident now that we have joy of death and it is for real this time? We are not to watch for violence but to employ peace. If peace does not come it is to be despite our actions and having full knowledge.

Those that bring about violence even as a tool of God are not to escape judgement. Do you think ancient Assyria was spared as a tool of God? Or Babylon? No they received condemnation. Be a tool of God's mercy instead at ALL times.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Check out americaslastdays.com.It's quit edifying.Clearly we are in the last days,and it's time to get serious about our faith.
Who's "we"? Contrary to what some Americans seem to believe, the US ain't the whole world.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
my pastor did a sermon (just a few months ago) concerning the book of revelation and how some prophecies in there are coming true such as the earthquake in hawaii (which was totally unexpected)
Wow, an earthquake on a volcanic island! Who'd ever heard of such a thing?;)

The prophecies of revelation are being fulfilled if you believe that every negative news story that you read is the fulfillment of prophecy. It's handy like that.

we should always be ready for Christ's return, not just when it looks like He is.
If you're ready for your own death (and unless you're a Tolkien elf or a vampire or something, we're all gonna die), then you're ready for the Lord's return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.