Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
article-1106924-02F6286B000005DC-556_468x224.jpg

3_22_111108_busad2_450.jpg

2 Timothy 3

Godlessness in the Last Days

1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

May 1, 2009
Visit site
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you go to the website given at the bottom of the poster it is even more sad than the poster itself. They include information about how to support their Ad Campaign.

What if everyone in this Forum supported an advertising campaign that actually encouraged people to turn to God? Maybe then rather than learning about being a humanist they could instead learn about being saved.

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
It's just about knowing who the enemy is. Which becomes more needful as history is wrapped up. The enemy becomes more desperate as time starts to run out. It's obvious when you look around at various people, what's really going on in the spiritual realm.. they themselves make it obvious.. to me anyway.

Upvote 0

Brad2009

Feb 10, 2009
USA
✟9,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its looking pretty good for end-times scenarios. Anybody read up on Newton's methodology for determining Daniel's 70 weeks?

From what I can gather (and please feel free to correct me if I'm in error here), Newton used the 62 weeks (or 'sevens') to fit between the crucifiction of Jesus and the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. He treated the 7 'sevens' as a seperate time-period, yet to come. If we were to consider the retaking of Jerusalem by Israel to be the start point for the other 7 'sevens', then we would arrive at 2016 as being the end point of the 7 'sevens'.

This fits nicely with the sequence of 'blood moons' and solar eclipses which fall on Jewish holidays during 2015-2016 - of which there were similar sequences after Israel became a nation and Jerusalem was taken by the nation of Israel.

Presumably, the tribulation would start about 3.5 years before then, giving a start date somewhere between mid-way through 2011 and mid-way through 2012.

I know I'm a bit out on a limib here, but it seems extremely likely to me that the tribulation will start sometime between early 2011 and late 2016, giving a day of the Lord's return of somewhere between 2014.5 to 2020.5.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting.

We all know it IS so close and these dates seem to fit when looking at all the other signs. So we may all meet each other very shortly in Heaven

It could get bad for us in the states especially. Real bad before the rapture...

Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting.

We all know it IS so close and these dates seem to fit when looking at all the other signs. So we may all meet each other very shortly in Heaven

It could get bad for us in the states especially. Real bad before the rapture...
The States especially? Have you any idea what it's like to be a Christian in a Muslim country?

Upvote 0

HisdaughterJen

Mar 8, 2007
this side of eternity
✟18,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, what do we know as Biblical fact?
1. The devil gets 42 months.
2. Jesus destroys the devil and all who side with the devil at the end of the 42 months when he comes on the clouds.
3. Several verses in Jeremiah establish that after 70 years, God moves.
4. From the birth of Jesus to the desolation of Israel was 70 years, as an example.

What about if the 42 months of the devil is the last 3 1/2 years of a 70 year generation from the end of the holocaust in 1945 or the reestablishment of Israel in 1948?

If from the end of the holocaust in 1945, the end of the 3 1/2 years would be in 2015.

If from the establishment of Israel in 1948, the end of the 3 1/2 years would be in 2018.

The solar eclipses/lunar eclipses on feast days in this past century coincided with major events happening for Israel within a year or two of the eclipses, not necessarily in that year. (at least that's my understanding)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really all up in arms about when the end will come. I'm just upset how disrespectful people can be. If they truly are atheists/humanists or whatever other word they want to label themselves as:
Why do they care about anti-God advertising?
It really hurts my feelings it REALLY hurts when people do this stuff. I mean when my teacher calls me out to humiliate me for being a Christian I don't defend myself but I feel a need to defend our Father because would any of these "humanists" love it if I walked into their house and rip on their father? :(
God gave me every darn thing I've ever had. More than I can say for some of these humanists whether they are fathers/mothers or children.

I would never make a "Your dad sucks" poster. or "Why respect your dad anyway? He only put you through college."

They're so nice and kind and loving and bleeding heart but what about we Christians with actual morals that won't be shaken just because what the world wants us to do? Why are we considered hateful for preaching the Gospel but they look at themselves and they and say:
"Wow this really is mean spirited"

All they do is prove our Lord right. They just love proving the One they hate right. If they really knew how to show he didn't exist they'd do it right they'd prove Him wrong but they can't. Which gives us more reason to stand firm.

Upvote 0

Super Kal

the goal is to be more like You, and less like me
Nov 3, 2008
Mankato
✟25,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
humanists, atheists, agnostics, satanists, it doesn't matter from this worldly perspective, because they're not the enemy... remember, it's not other human beings that we're fighting against... it's always Satan and his demons that we fight against (Ephesians 6:12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AugustBurnsBlue44

May 8, 2009
✟147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's wrong, and they are sinning, but it doesn't offend me, they have just as much a right to voice there opinion as I do. Hope they open there eyes to God, but I can't force them to, and ya, I shouldn't flip out over those advertisements just like they shouldn't flip out about advertisements saying there is a God. Everyone is allowed to have their say! :)

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I would just add that this satanic agenda-campaign is ok when used against us.. because we are adults and we know that they are foolish.. what gets my back up, is the antichrist being promoted in our schools.. people such as Dawkins being given a God-hatred platform in schools, dressed up as evolutionary science.. it’s obvious it is not that.. it is extreme anti—Christian bigotry..
We get it all the time also on television, targeted at children.. anti-Christian documentaries shown in the early evening, when school children would be watching.. even my dad agreed that was wrong, as he was an atheist.
Before I was particularly bothered by Christianity, they showed a program on channel 4, where they gathered a group of Moslems, Jews and atheists, and they all made out that the entire New Testament was not accurate in any way. That’s just one example from many years ago.. now the entire broadcast is antichrist. I know how to tune the propaganda out.. because I am an adult. But they are indoctrinating the children into atheism.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The States especially? Have you any idea what it's like to be a Christian in a Muslim country?

Only from their testimonies which are horrid.

I was referring to free countries more so as it seems the US is becoming a police state. It is somewhat frightening to watch the so called "elected" officials tear your personal freedoms apart.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.