• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Encouraging Scriptures That Have Helped Me Through Anxiety Disorder Recovery

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello to everyone reading this post! I've been dealing with anxiety disorder for a long time now, and God has been helping me so much throughout it all - in particular, his Word and in prayer.

One thing that has helped me so much throughout this journey has been memorizing scripture - in particular, verses related to anxiety and the character of God. God put it on my heart to start a thread and share some of my favorite verses on here every now and then. I pray that all of you reading this will be encouraged by the scriptures and will seek hard after God and find all of the riches that come with being in a close relationship with him. He has been the most important thing throughout my entire recovery journey - my rock, my strength, my comforter, my friend.

God Bless!

- Jordan

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-9‬

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
“Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
“Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”

‭‭James‬ ‭1:2-4

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, --Isaiah 43:1-3

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I read these when I was a teenager, and believed them.
I did not always avoid illness, but learned as I grew.

Exodus 15:26 saying, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the ...

https://biblehub.com/exodus/15-26.htm

He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, ... then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I ... I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the ... He said, "If you will carefully obey the LORD your God, do what he sees to be ...
Deuteronomy 7:15 And the LORD will remove from you all sickness ...

https://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/7-15.htm

He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will ... And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the ... You will be healthy, but the LORD will make your enemies suffer from those diseases. .... saying, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God, and do ...

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. --Isaiah 41:10

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don't worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. --Matthew 6:25-34

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
hi! I'm looking forward to reading them! :D

Hi Pearl :) I pray that you and everyone reading will find them encouraging. Also, that the Lord will strengthen you with them and lead you to a deeper relationship with him.

My six year battle with anxiety disorder has almost come to a close and these scriptures have helped me to deal with my underlying fears and given me strength when I needed it most.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If you make the Lord your refuge,

if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
 no plague will come near your home.
For he will order his angels
 to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
 so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.
You will trample upon lions and cobras;

you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.

I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer;

I will be with them in trouble.

I will rescue and honor them.
I will reward them with a long life
 and give them my salvation.” --Psalm 91:9-16

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. (Psalm 94:19)

The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing. (Isaiah 51:3)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:1-3)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I identify a lot with David in the Bible. He made mistakes in his life and suffered consequences. He struggled with anxiety and depression. He had difficult seasons in life and longed for "the good old days" when he felt joy instead of sadness, pain and despair. He committed adultery with Bethsheba, then his son raped his half sister and then his son was murdered by one of David's others sons for his deeds. Saul tried to kill David and was hunting him down. David hid in a cave and wrote several Psalms. But he turned back to the Lord even in times of despair and confusion.

“My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be:
I walked among the crowds of worshipers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks amid the sound of a great celebration!

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you—
even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar.
I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides sweep over me.
But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me,
and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭42:4-8‬ ‭

Last edited:
Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's a list of verses I found useful.
33-verses-about-fear-and-anxiety-5-640x640.jpg

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

--Isaiah 40:28-31

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The Lord will guide you always;
 he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
 and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
 like a spring whose waters never fail. --Isaiah 58:11

Upvote 0

Jordan1989

Jan 1, 2019
Newburgh
✟23,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. --Phillipians 4:11-13

Upvote 0