• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Encouragement during depression

Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ms. NumberOfStars:

So you listened to the Disciple track, Battle Lines?

To me, it's really clear and a very good testimony.

Lyrics uncompromising, and good, hard rock. There is some screamo, as well, and it's done quite effectively, I think, don't you?

So are you also a person that appreciates the firm expression and witness of Christian hard rock?

Blessings.

I did indeed listen to it :) I may have heard that one once before but it's been a while. I do like Christian rock and hard rock- a few of my favorite genre's :cool:

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did indeed listen to it :) I may have heard that one once before but it's been a while. I do like Christian rock and hard rock- a few of my favorite genre's :cool:

Ms. NumberOfStars:

Maybe you have to turn the volume down a bit if you're in the house with family members... :)

But, yet, Christian hard rock has a lot of witness potential, I think, if the lyrics are sound and Biblical.

I think some local churches have soft rock, alternating maybe with traditional hymns, and maybe even a bit of hard rock occasionally at youth nights. But usually Christian hard rock events are reserved for concerts rather than church gatherings.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hahaaa well I almost always listen to music with earphones in :p

yea some of them really do have some amazing lyrics

Ms. NumberofStars:

I guess you sort of consider yourself a hard rock woman, then. Sometimes you can get so thoroughly immersed in Christian hard rock, that it comes to define you.

For me, it's the lyrics - whether they are sound and Biblical - that are the crucial aspect, anyway.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yea some of them really do have some amazing lyrics

Ms. NumberOfStars: Some of Disciple's lyrics - which are what really count - are so hard-hitting. As if they are so Biblical that they are hard to argue against.

Like I've been saying, really.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yea that's what I think. some lyrics are really meaningful

NumberOfStars:

Some people get hung up on the fact that Christian hard rock is performed by musicians who are pierced, wear blue jeans and maybe leather, instead of by those who wear tuxedos and evening gowns, or by little old ladies in 60 year old styles of clothes, hair in buns, etc.

I would say, we may or may not like various style, but concentrate on what they are saying.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tumblr_mjtetu6deU1rwg53vo1_500_large.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." -Psalm 121:1-2

This is a lovely Psalms. I love how it also says in Psalm 121: 'he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep'.

Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes I love that verse too! many good verses in Psalms

Ms. NumberOfStars:

You're right.

And I'm glad that there is more than one live thread on the Psalms as well.

(Isn't your screen name a reference to a Psalm, as well? or maybe I'm thinking of another verse.)

Blessings.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ms. NumberOfStars:

You're right.

And I'm glad that there is more than one live thread on the Psalms as well.

(Isn't your screen name a reference to a Psalm, as well? or maybe I'm thinking of another verse.)

Blessings.

it is :) Psalm 147:4

Upvote 0