• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Encouragement during depression

Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3302372_orig.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Battles are fought in our minds every day. When we begin to feel the battle is just too difficult and want to give up, we must choose to resist negative thoughts and be determined to rise above our problems. We must decide that we’re not going to quit. When we’re bombarded with doubts and fears, we must take a stand and say: I’ll never give up! God’s on my side. He loves me, and He’s helping me! I’m going to make it!"
~Joyce Meyer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ms. NumberOfStars:

So you're Red fan? :)

A similar band is Disciple, and I really love Disciple's track Battle Lines, from their album Handgrenades and Pomegranates.

Disciple - Battle Lines Lyrics (HQ) - YouTube

It's lyrics seem really hard hitting and Biblical, and its hard rock style is really rigorous, which seems to go well with the uncompromising, Biblical lyrics.

I get a sense of real triumph and certainty from the track; confidence in the Lord is a really strong message that comes across.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yea I do like Red :) I do like Disciple as well, haven't heard too many of their songs but the ones I've heard I definitely like. That one you posted is a good one!

Ms. NumberOfStars:

So you listened to the Disciple track, Battle Lines?

To me, it's really clear and a very good testimony.

Lyrics uncompromising, and good, hard rock. There is some screamo, as well, and it's done quite effectively, I think, don't you?

So are you also a person that appreciates the firm expression and witness of Christian hard rock?

Blessings.

Upvote 0