Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I shouldn't be afraid of an old man on a walker but the other day my dad told me that he would do whatever he could to stop me from going to church and talking to other Christians. It may easier for you to say to "just stand up" or "don't let it get to you" but it affects me differently. I don't think the threats are mortal of course, but I still don't know if he's trying to (or can) conjure up ways to stop me from being able to go to church and talking to other Christians.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I shouldn't be afraid of an old man on a walker but the other day my dad told me that he would do whatever he could to stop me from going to church and talking to other Christians. It may easier for you to say to "just stand up" or "don't let it get to you" but it affects me differently. I don't think the threats are mortal of course, but I still don't know if he's trying to (or can) conjure up ways to stop me from being able to go to church and talking to other Christians.
Oh, sorry. Do hang in there. Respect your father as much as you can. By honoring him you do honor your Father in heaven as well.

He does not have the right to kill your faith even if he can make it difficult for you. Keep praying for him. Prayers are never wasted.

We had a blizzard here Thursday night and Friday. We're all dug out at my house but the city is still suffering. I think I got some frostbite on a finger. Nothing worse. I'll make it to church tomorrow and I'll think about and pray for you while I'm there.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, sorry. Do hang in there. Respect your father as much as you can. By honoring him you do honor your Father in heaven as well.

He does not have the right to kill your faith even if he can make it difficult for you. Keep praying for him. Prayers are never wasted.

We had a blizzard here Thursday night and Friday. We're all dug out at my house but the city is still suffering. I think I got some frostbite on a finger. Nothing worse. I'll make it to church tomorrow and I'll think about and pray for you while I'm there.
Thank you for your words. I had quit praying for him awhile back because nothing was working - things were getting worse, actually. It's sad when you want to stop praying for someone.

There was a good amount of snow here too. Despite the fact that our neighbor snowblowed the driveway, the plower-truck dumped all this snow on the edge of the driveway and now I can't get out.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,239,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you for your words. I had quit praying for him awhile back because nothing was working - things were getting worse, actually. It's sad when you want to stop praying for someone.
Yes, pray for him. For his health, for his happiness, all kinds of things. Pray that God works in him and that God free him from fear. Persevere in prayer for him. And love him so he knows he is loved by you.
There was a good amount of snow here too. Despite the fact that our neighbor snowblowed the driveway, the plower-truck dumped all this snow on the edge of the driveway and now I can't get out.
That's the nasty heavy stuff. A stick of dynamite should work but I don't know if the police would like that.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟786,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, pray for him. For his health, for his happiness, all kinds of things. Pray that God works in him and that God free him from fear. Persevere in prayer for him. And love him so he knows he is loved by you.

That's the nasty heavy stuff. A stick of dynamite should work but I don't know if the police would like that.
My love for him, at least in my actions, has not been working for this situation :(

I hope I can get out of the driveway but I'll see. I would have to reverse out of the driveway like a race car, lol.

Upvote 0