• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Emotional Impact

Discussion in 'Gamers Zone' started by CMDRExorcist, May 11, 2021.

1. CMDRExorcist

CMDRExorcist Theology Explorer Supporter

+124
    United States
    Charismatic
    Single
    What game(s) have you played that had a significant emotional impact on you or you felt were deeply personal? For me, Bioshock Infinite's ending actually had me in tears and feeling really emotionally drained for a day or so. When you "accept baptism", the next lines spoken were so incredibly tragic and beautiful that I felt such pity and sorrow for the main character.

What about you all? :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. myst33

myst33 Well-Known Member

+1,208
    Czech Republic
    Christian
    Single
    SOMA - brings some deep questions about our identity and what makes us to be us.

3. abandonentropy

abandonentropy There is nothing new under the sun

+21
    Canada
    Protestant
    Single
    The 2 games that have hit me hardest are probably Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Metal Gear Solid 3. Ocarina of Time's ending is just so full of emotions and they're amplified by the soundtrack. Metal Gear Solid 3 hits you with gut punches constantly right up until the ending which leaves the protagonist utterly broken. Some other games that hit me are; Terranigma, Spec Ops: The Line, Chrono Trigger, The Evil Within 2, Silent Hill 2, Nier, Demon's Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, and Persona 3. I feel Japanese games often excel in this area.

4. JBH

JBH New Member

+16
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Pokemon, Zelda, and Super Smash Bros were my childhood. So many memories.

Dark Souls 1-3 and BloodBorne helped me develop a love for challenge, which has contributed a lot to my growth as a person.

Persona 5 helped me become interested in psychology and helping people change for the better. I love all the references to Jungian psychology as well as the parallels to cognitive behavioral therapy that are found in the game.

5. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Animal Crossing for the Gamecube gave me a lot of emotions.

Metal Gear Solid 5 gave me video game emotions I no longer felt was possible as an adult.

Probably the video game that gives me the greatest emotions and nostalgia is Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

6. abandonentropy

+21
    Canada
    Protestant
    Single
    Did MGSV impact you more than the other Metal Gear games?

7. MehGuy

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I've never really played the other metal gear games to be honest.

8. MehGuy

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Watch Dogs 2.. honestly.. I didn't expect this game's atmosphere to hit me as hard as it did. Also the only game I've ever gotten a platinum trophy on.. and the game pretty much said I completed everything to do in the game.. although in reality I didn't.

9. abandonentropy

+21
    Canada
    Protestant
    Single
    I'd heartily recommend the series. Especially 1-3.

10. MehGuy

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah I've been meaning to play it. Although I doubt it will have the impact 5 did. The other titles in the series seem to be more linear when this was more open world.

11. abandonentropy

+21
    Canada
    Protestant
    Single
    They are linear but I'd argue that they're more focused experiences because of that.

12. MehGuy

+8,889
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Alright I'll try them out sometime.. been meaning to try out Metal Gear Solid 4 for a while now.. I do fear the older games.. without nostalgia eyes.. might be a little too dated.

13. abandonentropy

+21
    Canada
    Protestant
    Single
    I guess I'll also mention I recently finished Red Dead Redemption 2 and it hit me pretty hard. I dare say it made me tear up.