'Emergency' need for exorcists after surge in people dabbling in Satanism and black magic

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've always understood the common meaning of occult to be Satan's system of diverting the use of the spiritual gifts, such as those in I Cor. 12, in order to get people farther from God. So it includes any system of attempting to communicate with the world, or to control it by means that operate without some kind of reasonable natural cause you can manipulate directly. The definition gets touchy though, since magicians (warlocks, witches, etc.) often claim that spell-casting is a science. Also, science fiction writers have observed that any sufficiently advanced system of technology is indistinguishable to the untrained from magic.

As safer definition for Christians, I suppose, is it is any system attempting to communicate with or control, non-physical reality in order to better manage the physical, other than that which is specifically given by the Holy Spirit. The difference can be judged by the fruit in the individual's life.

Technically, of course, it also means hidden, as when doctors speak of "occult blood" meaning "blood of unknown origin".

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I've always understood the common meaning of occult to be Satan's system of diverting the use of the spiritual gifts, such as those in I Cor. 12, in order to get people farther from God. So it includes any system of attempting to communicate with the world, or to control it by means that operate without some kind of reasonable natural cause you can manipulate directly. The definition gets touchy though, since magicians (warlocks, witches, etc.) often claim that spell-casting is a science. Also, science fiction writers have observed that any sufficiently advanced system of technology is indistinguishable to the untrained from magic.

As safer definition for Christians, I suppose, is it is any system attempting to communicate with or control, non-physical reality in order to better manage the physical, other than that which is specifically given by the Holy Spirit. The difference can be judged by the fruit in the individual's life.

Technically, of course, it also means hidden, as when doctors speak of "occult blood" meaning "blood of unknown origin".
Wasn't it the former Pope Benedict that reinstated the Order of St.Michael for just this reason? To seek out Satan and exorcise him wherever he was in the world? I just saw this post and I'll look for the article archives online and see if I got that right.
Anyone remember that in the meantime?

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't it the former Pope Benedict that reinstated the Order of St.Michael for just this reason? To seek out Satan and exorcise him wherever he was in the world? I just saw this post and I'll look for the article archives online and see if I got that right.
I checked this pretty thoroughly, and as far as I can tell, it does not violate site rules about posting of exorcisms. No specific instructions for exorcisms are given, and no exorcism is shown.
http://orderofexorcists.weebly.com/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uncle Tommy

Just a Christian
Dec 30, 2008
Probably sitting on my bed.
✟10,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I checked this pretty thoroughly, and as far as I can tell, it does not violate site rules about posting of exorcisms. No specific instructions for exorcisms are given, and no exorcism is shown.
http://orderofexorcists.weebly.com/
This fella's an Old Catholic and from what I am told by a third party is very knowledgeable about the subject.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Practicing magic using the occult (hidden, mystery) is strictly forbidden in the Old and New Testaments. What we know of God is not from the occult but from the revelation of God in nature (Romans 1:18-22) and in Christ (Hebrews 1:1-3). The occult is hidden knowledge, the gospel is knowledge revealed to anyone who has eyes to see. Very big difference.
So if someone has no eyes to see it, it would be hidden.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So if someone has no eyes to see it, it would be hidden.
None so blind as those who will not see, God has shown them:

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. (Rom. 1:18,19)
When the Serpent temps Eve he lures her in with a promise of a kind of wisdom he insinuates God is hiding from them. This wisdom, the knowledge of good and evil is the occult, the revelation of God in Christ is a wisdom God gives us freely and without reservation except for one condition:

This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. (James 3:15)
There is a difference.

Grace and peace,
Mark

• Agree
Reactions: Jeremiah17
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think you intended 'the prayer to St. Michael'. Benedict spoke of that. He recommended the prayer which was a fixture of older Catholic devotion.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
I think you intended 'the prayer to St. Michael'. Benedict spoke of that. He recommended the prayer which was a fixture of older Catholic devotion.
It was an order as I recall, as in, The Order of St.Michael. An order of priests anointed or appointed to route out the Devil wherever he hides.

I'll see if I can find the article. It was many years ago during Benedict's term.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
OK looking quickly I found this. It's the Daily Mail so be advised of that first off.
Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan
By NICK PISA
Last updated at 16:34 29 December 2007

There's this also:
Inside the Exorcist Group That's Won the Vatican's Blessing

But that's not talking about the order I first spoke of. I could swear it was called the order of St.Michael, after the prayer. A group of exorcist appointed by the Vatican and under Benedict. I remember the article I'd read said they were anointed and dedicated to seek out the Devil wherever he hides and rid the world of his influence.
The reinstatement of the prayer of St.Michael was part of that reporting too so you're right there. :)

I'll look elsewhere when I've had more sleep.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
OK looking quickly I found this. It's the Daily Mail so be advised of that first off.
Pope's exorcist squads will wage war on Satan
By NICK PISA
Last updated at 16:34 29 December 2007
Pope Benedict reminded bishops that they were supposed to have exorcists in each diocese. That was an old old requirement that sometimes was ignored by bishops who thought it was all psychological. But of course it's not all psychological. In this story pope Benedict also encouraged the prayer to St. Michael.
There's this also:
Inside the Exorcist Group That's Won the Vatican's Blessing

But that's not talking about the order I first spoke of. I could swear it was called the order of St.Michael, after the prayer. A group of exorcist appointed by the Vatican and under Benedict. I remember the article I'd read said they were anointed and dedicated to seek out the Devil wherever he hides and rid the world of his influence.
The reinstatement of the prayer of St.Michael was part of that reporting too so you're right there. :)

I'll look elsewhere when I've had more sleep.
There was a defunct group called the Order of St. Michael but it didn't seem to have much to do with exorcism. And there is some Anglican group that uses the name. And what looks to be a crackpot group called The Order of Exorcists. They 'appear' at first blush to be Catholic but I think they are pretenders. If you want/need a real exorcist I wouldn't go to them. I'd find a holy priest and ask him to get you in contact with who you need. Real exorcists don't trumpet it about so much. You won't find them advertising. Gabriel Amorth was the real thing, as public as he was, because he had important information to get out. But the work of an exorcist who does major exorcism is not a public thing. You probably wouldn't know if your parish priest was an exorcist.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This fella's an Old Catholic and from what I am told by a third party is very knowledgeable about the subject.
I agree completely. I just find the approach interesting, and unlike anything I have seen from Catholics in the past. I am not in any way criticizing; it's almost refreshing. When I look at the new website, I keep hearing the song in my head: "Is there something strange in your neighborhood...who you gonna call..." Even the insignia looks like a steal from the Ghostbusters insignia.

Reactions: Uncle Tommy
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sooo not surprised and what's more, they're trying to implement after school with Satan programs for elementary students? Like what? And in henrey county in GA you cant have a bible in the school or wear Christian paraphernalia...

Its crazy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uncle Tommy

Just a Christian
Dec 30, 2008
✟10,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sooo not surprised and what's more, they're trying to implement after school with Satan programs for elementary students? Like what? And in henrey county in GA you cant have a bible in the school or wear Christian paraphernalia...

Its crazy
The children can carry Bibles and wear Christian paraphernalia. Teachers may not have Christian paraphernalia on their desks but they can wear crosses or Star of David necklaces. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/par...ing-religious-symbols-in-classrooms/453414414

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daryl Gleason

A man of God
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2016
Cali, Colombia
✟28,436.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are exorcisms biblical.

Are you asking this as a question? If so, it looks as though your question may have been overlooked.

Yes, while I've never seen the words "exorcise" or "exorcism" in any version of the Bible I've read, there are many accounts in the gospels where Jesus cast out demons. He even told his disciples to do it when sending them off to neighboring towns (Matthew 10:1 and Matthew 10:8).

While any Christian with the holy spirit today has the authority to cast out demons in the name of Jesus, I don't recommend trying this without specific inspiration and instruction from the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not competition. Reality. Catholic exorcists have merely had more "practice." They literally wrote the book on exorcism...

Pretty sure it was Jesus who "wrote the book" on "exorcism" or as some would call it casting out demons.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The children can carry Bibles and wear Christian paraphernalia. Teachers may not have Christian paraphernalia on their desks but they can wear crosses or Star of David necklaces. http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/par...ing-religious-symbols-in-classrooms/453414414

There is no power in praphernalia or the star of david which is found no where in scripture. Matter of fact the star of david is the star of Moloch....so many deceived yet the bible warns us about this exact star!

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Acts 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

Upvote 0

Uncle Tommy

Just a Christian
Dec 30, 2008
✟10,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no power in praphernalia or the star of david which is found no where in scripture. Matter of fact the star of david is the star of Moloch....so many deceived yet the bible warns us about this exact star!

Amos 5:26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Acts 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
I agree completely I was simply responding to another poster who gave misinformation about what is a current event.

Upvote 0