Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd rather not vote for another Boomer. I think the time of Boomers needs to be concluded. We're clearly not fit for leadership any longer--we're still fighting the fights of the past, like Autobots and Decepticons.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is not good. Predictable, but not good. Trump's base will get very fired up about Warren. She has no idea how to deal with Trump.
Who is Trump's base not going to get fired up over? We're not going to win Trump's base. He could break into their houses, wreck their stuff, and slap them across the face and they'd ask that he did it again.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is not good. Predictable, but not good. Trump's base will get very fired up about Warren. She has no idea how to deal with Trump.

Like I touched on in another recent thread, this morning... Trump's base is going to get "fired up" about whichever democrat runs. Precisely because there's a propaganda machine that's got them so fearful of that their religion is under attack, their country is under attack from outsiders, there's a "global agenda" looking to destroy America, and that the democrats calling for gun control is actually part of some plot to disarm them so that outside forces can come in and control them.

The culmination of these irrational fears is that it allows them to be easily manipulated into believing just about any nonsense conspiracies that far-right outlets claim about any democrat that's running for office.

We saw it with Obama, we saw it with Hillary, and we'll see it again with whoever gets the nod in 2020.

As long as right-wing propaganda machines and exploit the faith & fear of many conservatives (while actually working for a handful of uber-rich, and not them), and present themselves as the knights in shining armor that can protect them from it, we're going to continue to see this pattern.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Who is Trump's base not going to get fired up over? We're not going to win Trump's base. He could break into their houses, wreck their stuff, and slap them across the face and they'd ask that he did it again.
I meant they will especially hate her and get extra frantic and completely destroy discourse, and Warren will not be able to deal.

I should have said that.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Like I touched on in another recent thread, this morning... Trump's base is going to get "fired up" about whichever democrat runs. Precisely because there's a propaganda machine that's got them so fearful of that their religion is under attack, their country is under attack from outsiders, there's a "global agenda" looking to destroy America, and that the democrats calling for gun control is actually part of some plot to disarm them so that outside forces can come in and control them.

The culmination of these irrational fears is that it allows them to be easily manipulated into believing just about any nonsense conspiracies that far-right outlets claim about any democrat that's running for office.

We saw it with Obama, we saw it with Hillary, and we'll see it again with whoever gets the nod in 2020.

As long as right-wing propaganda machines and exploit the faith & fear of many conservatives (while actually working for a handful of uber-rich, and not them), and present themselves as the knights in shining armor that can protect them from it, we're going to continue to see this pattern.

The critical mistake that Democrats would be making in giving Warren the candidacy is that Warren is just as bombastic and polarizing as Trump. The only way that dems can win in 2020 is by having a moderate candidate who does not push swing voters into their corners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

That's totally fair. But Obama was black (the usual anxieties) and Clinton was a woman (evil witch, not motherly, too motherly). I lile to think that without those accelerants, the fire would be a little less intense.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The critical mistake that Democrats would be making in giving Warren the candidacy is that Warren is just as bombastic and polarizing as Trump. The only way that dems can win in 2020 is by having a moderate candidate who does not push swing voters into their corners.

I really don't believe that a Republican-lite candidate can beat Trump.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's totally fair. But Obama was black (the usual anxieties) and Clinton was a woman (evil witch, not motherly, too motherly). I lile to think that without those accelerants, the fire would be a little less intense.

Like it or not, white and male are still positive points for election in 'Murica. I strongly believe that will be the case in the next election, if Democrats want to get the presidency back.

But wait until Sasha Obama runs.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Which is how it should be. Sadly, I don't recognized either party today as healthy. It was bad during the Obama years, and it's getting worse now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't believe that a Republican-lite candidate can beat Trump.

Well, we should never expect an incumbent president to lose his party's candidacy. There's nothing today that indicates Trump is in any danger of that as far as the GOP is concerned.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I think people will be sick of polarization by 2020. Only a moderate can beat Trump. Swing voters win elections.

What major policies will a moderate differ with Donald Trump? Because we can't run on Trump's behavior. That's a losing strategy because everybody knows exactly who and what he is. We have to present something different in policy with Donald Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well, we should never expect an incumbent president to lose his party's candidacy. There's nothing today that indicates Trump is in any danger of that as far as the GOP is concerned.

No, I mean a Democrat that's basically right of center politically. That's called a "moderate" today.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What major policies will a moderate differ with Donald Trump? Because we can't run on Trump's behavior. That's a losing strategy because everybody knows exactly who and what he is. We have to present something different in policy with Donald Trump.

That's for the Democrats to figure out. I'm voting for Trump.

Upvote 0