✟265,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Ah, but that wasn't even what she claimed. This is:

"Stacey Abrams-founded Fair Fight Action and other plaintiffs filed an initial complaint in November 2018, shortly after Abrams lost her bid to become Georgia’s Governor, alleging illegal and unconstitutional practices had denied the right to vote to thousands of Georgians. The allegations attempted to raise issues regarding Georgia’s absentee ballot procedures, voter registration, and voter list management practices. The court has denied every allegation on each issue."
Raffensperger Defeats Stacey Abrams' "Stolen Election" Claims in Court | Georgia Secretary of State

The Kari Lake can try her luck in court as well.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
And Kemp purged the voter rolls of 1.4 million before the 2018 governor race and held back 58,000 registrations. Hobbs didn't do that.

Don’t you get it, Republicans don’t have to follow rules or ethics. They are free to do what they want. Rules and ethics are only something to bash Democrats for.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Kari Lake can try her luck in court as well.

Why? Did you miss the part where I showed you that Abrams' argument was NOT about Kemp being Secretary of State?

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Machines do it better? In Arizona (Maricopa County you will recall) Arizona Republican party officials disagreed to the extent of millions of dollars for an 'audit', remember? The 'audit' found that there had been an error in the count. The Democrat vote had been under-counted. The result was that the result was verified.

The big advantage is that when the ballot is scanned it can immediate point out an error such as someone accidentally voting for say Biden AND Trump. It then will stop the ballot and display a screen to the voter that something is invalid and if they want their ballot back. The voter can then turn the ballot in to be scrapped and issued a new one.

Some communities barely get enough people to run polling stations, let alone count ballots. Plus if you have various issues on the ballot, they have to tally each issue and race. So the 2020 ballot for Loudoun County Virginia, had the presidential race, the congressional race, the Senate rate, the state of Virginia representative races and 5 issues. And that may not have included local races such as town council, school boards, and local issues such as raising taxes for a county library.

Hand-counting ballots may sound nice. It's actually less accurate and more expensive

"All the data shows it is less accurate to do a hand count," says Simon. "What you're really asking beleaguered and tired election judges to do at the end of a very long day is to not just do one hand count; if there are 30 contests on a ballot, you're asking them to do 30 individual and separate hand counts. And people are people. They get tired, they make mistakes. "

As for inaccuracy:

Stewart coauthored a study in 2018 that found ballot scanners to be more accurate than hand counts. The study focused on two statewide races with recounts in Wisconsin, where some localities do count ballots by hand and others count ballots using machines:

In Wisconsin's 2011 Supreme Court election recount, the hand-counted paper ballots differed from the recount by 0.28 percent while the difference for scanned paper ballots was 0.15 percent. In its 2016 recount of the presidential election, hand-counted paper ballots were off by 0.18 percent while scanned ballots were off by 0.13 percent.

In short, in both races, the ballots that were counted using scanners were closer to the recounted totals. A separate study from the early 2000s focused on New Hampshire and found the same thing.​

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And Kemp purged the voter rolls of 1.4 million before the 2018 governor race and held back 58,000 registrations. Hobbs didn't do that.

Purged of people who have died or moved away. What's the point of keeping them on the voter rolls if they're not there to vote anymore? What possible utility could they have?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Purged of people who have died or moved away. What's the point of keeping them on the voter rolls if they're not there to vote anymore? What possible utility could they have?
Many probably have, or had not voted a few times.

Georgia Republican candidate puts 53,000 voter registrations on hold

Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they're registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery.

Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor's race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez's application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

"I was kind of shocked," said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls. "I've always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones."

Holding back registrations while various Republican led counties in Georgia cut back polling place in predominantly black areas causing long lines (5 hours plus) just made that purge look questionable.
That is when Kemp was Secretary of State while running for governor while overseeing the election.
So it was fine for Kemp but not for Hobbs who did not do those things?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why? Did you miss the part where I showed you that Abrams' argument was NOT about Kemp being Secretary of State?
The lawsuit brought by the voters was a complaint that Kemp used “the official powers of his office to interfere in the election to benefit himself and his political party and disadvantage his opponents.”

Abrams brought that up during the 2018 election.

But the point is, which was it okay for Kemp to be Sec. of State running for governor, like others have, but Hobbs should have recused herself? Why the double standard?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Many probably have, or had not voted a few times.

Georgia Republican candidate puts 53,000 voter registrations on hold

Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they're registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery.

Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor's race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez's application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

"I was kind of shocked," said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls. "I've always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones."

Holding back registrations while various Republican led counties in Georgia cut back polling place in predominantly black areas causing long lines (5 hours plus) just made that purge look questionable.
That is when Kemp was Secretary of State while running for governor while overseeing the election.
So it was fine for Kemp but not for Hobbs who did not do those things?

I worked as a poll worker yesterday, and I saw several instances where someone's name wasn't in the poll book even though they thought it was. Maybe they moved, or their ward or polling location changed. It's easy enough to straighten out. They simply re-register right there, and then vote. If it's not a state where registration can be done the day of voting, then they can check their registration status online in advance.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I worked as a poll worker yesterday, and I saw several instances where someone's name wasn't in the poll book even though they thought it was. Maybe they moved, or their ward or polling location changed. It's easy enough to straighten out. They simply re-register right there, and then vote. If it's not a state where registration can be done the day of voting, then they can check their registration status online in advance.
That it happens to some is expected. A purge of 1.4 mil, plus holding back 58,000+ registrations and a reduction of polling places in certain areas was downright suspicious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That it happens to some is expected. A purge of 1.4 mil, plus holding back 58,000+ registrations and a reduction of polling places in certain areas was downright suspicious.

If the people being purged from the voter rolls are dead, then having to re-register to vote is the least of their problems. ;)

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If the people being purged from the voter rolls are dead, then having to re-register to vote is the least of their problems. ;)
If....
However, as shown in the article above, a person who moved and re-registered at her new address had her registration held back. A good Sec. of State office should be able to handle that. It matters and it is their responsibility.

So why was it okay for Kemp to be running for governor while Sec. of State and overseeing the election, but Hobbs should have recused herself?
It is a double standard.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If....
However, as shown in the article above, a person who moved and re-registered at her new address had her registration held back. A good Sec. of State office should be able to handle that. It matters and it is their responsibility.

So why was it okay for Kemp to be running for governor while Sec. of State and overseeing the election, but Hobbs should have recused herself?
It is a double standard.

Well, it's not. As you can see, it's causing you to ask the same questions that people will be soon asking if Katie Hobbs declares herself the winner of the AZ Governor election. And people wonder why there are so many "election deniers", and are willing to marginalize those people with that term. Yet we see practices that raise the questions about election integrity/security/transparency.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But Republicans thought it was just fine in 2018 with Republican Kemp and criticized and still criticize Abram's concern about it.

Hobbs didn't hold back registrations. There was no decrease in polling places in Republican areas. The mail in ballot/absentee ballot process was a Republican driven idea and has distinct processes that have to be followed. For instance, I signed onto the list for absentee/early voting and was sent a ballot. A day after that, I could go to a website and see that it was received and the signature verified. Today, I could go on the website and see that my vote was counted. Everyone registered can go see their status on the website.
Hobbs oversees but is not to be the one doing the processing and counting. Kemp wouldn't have drawn criticism and suspicion had he not made questionable moves before the election. Other Sec. of State did their job without causing problems. I see no reason why Hobbs needed to recuse. It is a sour grapes complaint because there was no red wave.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But Republicans thought it was just fine in 2018 with Republican Kemp and criticized and still criticize Abram's concern about it.

Hobbs didn't hold back registrations. There was no decrease in polling places in Republican areas. The mail in ballot/absentee ballot process was a Republican driven idea and has distinct processes that have to be followed. For instance, I signed onto the list for absentee/early voting and was sent a ballot. A day after that, I could go to a website and see that it was received and the signature verified. Today, I could go on the website and see that my vote was counted. Everyone registered can go see their status on the website.
Hobbs oversees but is not to be the one doing the processing and counting. Kemp wouldn't have drawn criticism and suspicion had he not made questionable moves before the election. Other Sec. of State did their job without causing problems. I see no reason why Hobbs needed to recuse. It is a sour grapes complaint because there was no red wave.
So with Katie Hobbs overseeing the election, why won't we know the results until at least the end of the week?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

As I posted earlier, that wasn't Abram's concern: Election Day: Arizona voting tabulators down at 20% of Maricopa County sites

Hobbs oversees but is not to be the one doing the processing and counting. Kemp wouldn't have drawn criticism and suspicion had he not made questionable moved before the election. Other Sec. of State did their job without causing problems. I see no reason why Hobbs needed to recuse. It is a sour grapes complaint because there was no red wave.

There was enough. The House will be majority Republican, and Pelosi will be reduced to Minority Leader and will retire. Investigations can begin into biden and his son, and much of biden's legislation can be blocked, or at least slowed down. If Kari Lake can somehow gain the governorship of AZ, then the border problem in that state will finally be addressed rather than ignored by the "border czar" who refuses to do anything but deny that there is a problem.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So with Katie Hobbs overseeing the election, why won't we know the results until at least the end of the week?

Interestingly, I just looked up who was the Secretary of State of AZ back in 2020 when they also had problems. Here's what Google came up with:

Katie Hobbs
Now, she brings her years of experience to the Office of the Secretary of State to ensure that it runs productively, and that Arizona elections are secure, fair and efficient.

It doesn't appear that she did her job very well. Too busy running for Governor.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because 17,000 votes need to be handcounted because the problem with the tabulators. And as allowed by law, AZ voters can drop off their ballot on election day at their polling place. They don't wait in a line, they simply drop it off in the dropbox there. It takes time then to vote. AZ reports results in batches.

There will likely be a recount as it may be quite close.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

If you had listened to Abrams in 2018, yes it was her concern.

There was enough. The House will be majority Republican, and Pelosi will be reduced to Minority Leader and will retire. Investigations can begin into biden and his son, and much of biden's legislation can be blocked, or at least slowed down. If Kari Lake can somehow gain the governorship of AZ, then the border problem in that state will finally be addressed rather than ignored by the "border czar" who refuses to do anything but deny that there is a problem.

It is WAY less than Republicans expected and way better for Dems than they hoped.

And it is hilarious that you think Kari Lake would solve the border problems. AZ has had a Republican governor since 2009. Lake was TV news personality with no experience in management at all.
Other than Napolitano who was governor from 2003 - 2009, AZ has had Republican governors since 1987.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Interestingly, I just looked up who was the Secretary of State of AZ back in 2020 when they also had problems. Here's what Google came up with:

Katie Hobbs
Now, she brings her years of experience to the Office of the Secretary of State to ensure that it runs productively, and that Arizona elections are secure, fair and efficient.

It doesn't appear that she did her job very well. Too busy running for Governor.
She did fine. The 2020 election was secure and fair.

Upvote 0