loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Election commissioner to Trump: Show evidence of voter fraud
“The scheme the President of the United States alleges would constitute thousands of felony criminal offenses under New Hampshire law,” Commissioner Ellen Weintraub said in a statement Friday.

“The President has issued an extraordinarily serious and specific charge,” added Weintraub, who is a Democrat but was appointed by former President George W. Bush in 2002. "Allegations of this magnitude cannot be ignored.”
“I therefore call upon President Trump to immediately share his evidence with the public and with the appropriate law-enforcement authorities so that his allegations may be investigated promptly and thoroughly.”
tulc(looks forward to seeing what the President finds out) :wave:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Election commissioner to Trump: Show evidence of voter fraud

tulc(looks forward to seeing what the President finds out) :wave:

As do i.

Coffee?

:wave:

coffee-pouring(1).gif

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Proof:
Texas: Mexican Woman Is Sentenced to 8 Years for Voter Fraud | VDARE - premier news outlet for patriotic immigration reform

And more proof from 2012:
"Twelve thousand noncitizens registered to vote in Colorado; apparently 5,000 of those voted in 2010. A recent report in North Carolina by James O'Keefe's Project Veritas (of ACORN-undercover expose` fame) compared records of registered voters to prospective jurors disqualified due to noncitizenship, but who then voted in North Carolina in 2010."
http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/is-voter-fraud-a-real-problem/voter-fraud-deniers-ignore-the-facts

• Winner
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. the Texas woman in the first article apparently voted Republican. :wave:
tulc(wonders if that's why President Trump has no real interest in pursuing this?) :scratch:

He put the VP in charge of this, so it's going forward. I'm sure there will be plenty of fraud on both sides, but I'm betting on much more from the left. Either way though...

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He put the VP in charge of this, so it's going forward. I'm sure there will be plenty of fraud on both sides, but I'm betting on much more from the left. Either way though...
You mean like how President Trump's spokesman Sean Spicer said they were going to investigate vote fraud back in January, but just in States where President Trump lost? Trump's 'Voter-Fraud' Investigation Targets States That Opposed Him
There’s a lot of states that we didn’t compete in where that’s not necessarily the case,” he said. You look at California and New York, I’m not sure that those statements were—we didn’t look at those two states in particular … I think when you look at where a lot of places where a lot of these issues could have occurred in bigger states, that’s where I think we’re going to look.”

Here’s a shorter way to put that: Spicer is saying that Trump will target only states that voted Democratic for his investigation of fraud.
:scratch:
tulc(sounds totally...legit?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You mean like how President Trump's spokesman Sean Spicer said they were going to investigate vote fraud back in January, but just in States where President Trump lost? Trump's 'Voter-Fraud' Investigation Targets States That Opposed Him

:scratch:
tulc(sounds totally...legit?) :sorry:

We'll see when it happens. Don't believe every story you read. Most of the media stories since last year have said he won't do what he promised, and yet he is doing it anyway.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We'll see when it happens. Don't believe every story you read. Most of the media stories since last year have said he won't do what he promised, and yet he is doing it anyway. (emph. added)
Well since Sean Spicer said it I do usually take it with a grain of salt. :D
tulc(is sorry, he couldn't resist that one!) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Twelve thousand noncitizens registered to vote in Colorado; apparently 5,000 of those voted in 2010.
Well this was an assumption made by Gessler and when he was pushed to provide the evidence, for well over a year, he wouldn't do it. The county clerks got pretty irritated too. Put up or shut Gessler.

Given that context, Fitz-Gerald says you would expect Gessler to be taking greater pains to justify his proposals.

“He’s not just a partisan attorney anymore,” she said. “He’s in a much different role. He’s an officeholder responsible to all voters– Republican, unaffiliated and Democratic. If something is wrong with the voter registration system, it is his responsibility not just to call it out at party dinners but to fix the problem and to work with the clerks to do that. It has to be a collaborative effort to keep the system solid.

“If he’s right there’s a problem, then it’s a state problem and it’s tied to the public trust. So take it to the clerks. Let’s get it worked out. You either want to solve the problem or you don’t. There are laws about how you go about these things and for good reason, too.”
http://www.coloradoindependent.com/...gessler-non-citizen-voter-registration-claims

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"How many non-citizen votes were likely cast in 2008? Taking the most conservative estimate – those who both said they voted and cast a verified vote – yields a confidence interval based on sampling error between 0.2% and 2.8% for the portion of non-citizens participating in elections. Taking the least conservative measure – at least one indicator showed that the respondent voted – yields an estimate that between 7.9% and 14.7% percent of non-citizens voted in 2008. Since the adult non-citizen population of the United States was roughly 19.4 million (CPS, 2011), the number of non-citizen voters (including both uncertainty based on normally distributed sampling error, and the various combinations of verified and reported voting) could range from just over 38,000 at the very minimum to nearly 2.8 million at the maximum."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"How many non-citizen votes were likely cast in 2008? Taking the most conservative estimate – those who both said they voted and cast a verified vote – yields a confidence interval based on sampling error between 0.2% and 2.8% for the portion of non-citizens participating in elections. Taking the least conservative measure – at least one indicator showed that the respondent voted – yields an estimate that between 7.9% and 14.7% percent of non-citizens voted in 2008. Since the adult non-citizen population of the United States was roughly 19.4 million (CPS, 2011), the number of non-citizen voters (including both uncertainty based on normally distributed sampling error, and the various combinations of verified and reported voting) could range from just over 38,000 at the very minimum to nearly 2.8 million at the maximum."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0261379414000973
You mean this study:
Some thoughts on non-citizen voting | Jesse Richman
The upshot is that non-citizen voting is one of a wide range of challenges we might want to be concerned with when it comes to the fairness and efficient operation of our elections. But our analysis provides little reason to think that the sky is falling.
tulc(will just leave this here) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't really care who was voting for who. Voter fraud exists. And until we actually have an investigation we won't really know will we?

except that we've had several already...here are nine that found an absurdly low instance of fraud.

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So...how many cases were brought to trial? Just curious, because the article you posted seemed long on "inuendo" but a little sparse on actual facts. :wave:
tulc(is just wondering) :)
I wonder the same thing. I don't really understand why more fraud isn't punished when caught. But the fact remains, there really has not been a thorough investigation into it anywhere. I think I know why and that is because of the cost as well as the concern of what will be found. I think a real investigation would be very costly and the government just doesn't want to spend the money. Thus we get this quibbling that we have and are stuck with just a few cases that were caught not because of an extensive investigation, but because of happenstance.

It's pretty easy to say "oh it doesn't happen all that much" when no one really has done a thorough investigation.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder the same thing. I don't really understand why more fraud isn't punished when caught. But the fact remains, there really has not been a thorough investigation into it anywhere. I think I know why and that is because of the cost as well as the concern of what will be found. I think a real investigation would be very costly and the government just doesn't want to spend the money. Thus we get this quibbling that we have and are stuck with just a few cases that were caught not because of an extensive investigation, but because of happenstance.

It's pretty easy to say "oh it doesn't happen all that much" when no one really has done a thorough investigation.

Hi rjs,

All good points. But then that begs the question: If there hasn't been any real investigation by anyone, where is President Trump getting his 'facts' from? He seems to me to have a dreadful habit of stating facts in a vehement and forceful manner, but there so often are never any such 'facts'. He seems to be a person who believes pretty deeply that if he says it, then it's true.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0