Not open for further replies.

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea if their reasons are legitimate or not, my point simply is that the economy would benefit if they chose instead to pay all of their workers better wages.
Yes it probably would be better for the economy; but at the expence of the company getting into financial trouble, which means they are not going to do that.

What regulations are you referring to? And please, be as specific as you can.
Hurt: Regulations cost jobs - Martinsville Bulletin

It'd still be useless if enough people can't afford to pay for it, price increase or no price increase.
But they can! No comapny is gonna price themselves out of business! My point is, when a company increases the value of his product, and gets people to pay more for their product, that is another example of creating wealth

Except I'm not only talking about the poor. When middle and working class people can't afford to buy stuff, the economy suffers. As it has been.
True enough. That's basically how things were in the 50s and 60s, when the economy was robust and growing. Wages were high, meaning more people could spend more money.
Are you kidding me? People spend more money today then in the 1950's and 60's! Have you been to a toy store lately? How many kids do you see playing games like "kick the can", How many kids use a string and 2 cans to pretend they have a telephone? Even the poor kids have cell phones, computers, and $100.00 shoes! Everybody has 2-3 cars, cable TV and X-Box. People spend more today than ever before; yeah I know both parents work so they can afford more, but still; that's better for the economy, right?

It matters because when the rich have such an overwhelming portion of the economic pie as they have now (about what they had back in the late 20s), there's less for everyone else.

sa3388a0bf0719i0006000057921020.png

For the rich to get richer, that money has to come from somewhere. Similarly, if the rest of us had more money, that would also have to come from somewhere.

-- A2SG, wanna take a guess where?
Do you believe wealth is constantly being created, or do you think there is only finite amount of wealth in this country and it doesn't increase?

Ken

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.