Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The video was funded by tax dollars in the UK. It obviously missed big time on the whole humor angle as they pulled the video due to the fact that a lot of people obviously didn't find it funny, but extremely offensive. Videos such as that actually undermine their credibility. I could tell they were going for humor- but I didn't find it remotely funny- just the opposite. I found it quite offensive, actually- and I'm one of those people who happen to be all for saving energy, conservation, etc. The video gave me chills.

I actually find it rather frightening that there are groups of people out there who are so for their environmental causes that they devalue human life even in jest. There seem to be more of these folks every time I turn on the news- spouting ridiculous notions that anyone who disagrees with them needs to be put in prison or executed. If you think they're all joking, then you're very foolish.

Upvote 0

dinonum

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
Indiana
✟29,804.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the context of the world's media right now, I thought it was awkwardly funny. It's kind of a like a weird sci-fi movie, lol. Graphic, sure. A little much for my taste, sure. Work of the devil? Not necessarily. No one in those videos lied though, unless you have something against fiction??

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the context of the world's media right now, I thought it was awkwardly funny. It's kind of a like a weird sci-fi movie, lol. Graphic, sure. A little much for my taste, sure. Work of the devil? Not necessarily. No one in those videos lied though, unless you have something against fiction??

I think if they would of gone with the more Puff of Smoke explosion vs the splattering blood explosion, the video wouldn't even be an issue then.

But on the other hand, no one would be talking about it either.

Upvote 0

dinonum

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
Indiana
✟29,804.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think if they would of gone with the more Puff of Smoke explosion vs the splattering blood explosion, the video wouldn't even be an issue then.

But on the other hand, no one would be talking about it either.
Exactly! In the end though, it's no worse than something you'd see on SyFy or something like that.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The video was funded by tax dollars in the UK. It obviously missed big time on the whole humor angle as they pulled the video due to the fact that a lot of people obviously didn't find it funny, but extremely offensive. Videos such as that actually undermine their credibility. I could tell they were going for humor- but I didn't find it remotely funny- just the opposite. I found it quite offensive, actually- and I'm one of those people who happen to be all for saving energy, conservation, etc. The video gave me chills.

I actually find it rather frightening that there are groups of people out there who are so for their environmental causes that they devalue human life even in jest. There seem to be more of these folks every time I turn on the news- spouting ridiculous notions that anyone who disagrees with them needs to be put in prison or executed. If you think they're all joking, then you're very foolish.

quite right. the video shows you where their heads are really at.

it is a warning.

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I thought it was a pretty hilarious stab at the whole global conspiracy trying to take over the world thing that some fools are trying to make them. "You think we're being over the top now? We'll show you over the top!"

i think its just pure genious that this vid thats making fun of the "They wanna force you to do what they want!" people is being taken as proof they want to force you to do what they want. As if they are sore for being poked fun at.
I suppose this is poe's law kicking in?

Really though I can see how people might not see the humor in it and they reacted by taking it down and apologizing really what more do you want?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I watched it (couldn't watch it at work earlier).

Had it have only been the kids, it would ahve been disturbing but by the end of the movie, I figure enough context is given to realize the intent of the ads.

Definitely boundary pushing... maybe not in the BEST taste but canukian's "this-is-what's-going-to-happen" hyperbolic response is unnecessary if you ask me.

Pu-lease. There are individuals (yourself and myself included) out there so entrenched in our lifestyle and energy consumption that we devalue human life with your standard of living and disregard for other's rights.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
why yes, now i see, expoding live school children for not going along with the vast majority is funny. goodness, how can i have missed that?

Its a bit of tongue in cheek self mockery. I lol'd a little when I saw the vid.

Upvote 0