Aug 21, 2004
✟8,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i have sold on there alot. its very easy.. but they do charge you like 20 cents to use it. and then .. when you put a item up for sale.. they have options on how many pics you want. you get 1 free and its like 10 cents for additional images. and you can have it for up to 7 days. if it dont sell you can relist it for not additional charges. until it does sell. they use paypal.. and most of the time ..you can set up your bank account on e-bay. and they do charge a small fee. but if you sell enough.. then you wont really notice the small fees they have. it might be a dollar a month.. they have changed alot here lately about paypal. but every item i have ever had up sold. e-bay is a good way to sell your items for a good price. but like i said.. follow the instuctions of sell my item.. and its very easy. have pics ready to upload before you decide you want to sell.. take pics of your items. that is important of the selling of your item is good quality pics. and always remember to put buyer pays shipping cost. and estimate it. thats really the main things .. when you have a item to sell... look on e-bay and see what an item is going for like yours.. price it right.. and it will sell... i hope i helped.

let me add this.. i never had any bad experiences with people. i do know of a guy that has.. but it was an item that was worth 15 grand. when dealing with big money.. items ... be careful. but my items i never had any trouble.. paypal will protect thier sellers and buyers it is good to use them for that. they have insurance that you can add on your purchase to the buyer. that will protect you and them. but over all e-bay is pretty safe. always get the payment ..before shipping the item.. thought i would add this in ..

Upvote 0

Rosieace

Aug 8, 2004
MS Gulf Coast
✟478.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My friend ordered a set of CDs of James Earl Jones talking bible and Alexander Scourby talking Old Testament 62 cds for $20-$24 . One set for herself and one set for me for my birthday September. We both recieved the 16 cd set for New Testament only. Look it up and you can see it. They all are lying. We couldn't believe it. But it happened just this month-2004.Good luck. Rosieace

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's really important you check people's feedback. Also, check to see if the items you want to sell are actually selling on Ebay. For instance, if you want to sell a pair of black jeans, size 6 - there might be tons of the same thing selling for $1 and you won't make any money at all.

Also, you need to have a PayPal account. Don't mess around with personal checks. To begin with you can tell them you'll take money orders but DO NOT SHIP until you receive payment.

I only had one bad experience. A woman got into a bidding war over a maternity bathing suit I was selling (sounds weird but they're SO expensive in the store that they're in really high demand on Ebay). THEN she wouldn't pay. I was so upset. I couldn't imagine someone would do something like that. But they do!

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Veiled Viper

Legend
Sep 24, 2004
Texas
✟15,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of good advice above.I buy and sell on Ebay with regularity.There are some bad apples out there that don't pay once they bid.There are ways to prevent that.There's a lot to learn about selling.READ all you can on their site.Use delivery confirmation,etc.because some people will receive the item and say they didn't. I've been selling a couple years now.Overall,good experience! I recommend it,it's great fun!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Love&Pain

Love Your Enemies
Oct 12, 2003
California
✟26,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I buy stuff from ebay and so far I haven't been ripped off :amen: I haven't sold anything on that site yet. Ebay is cool when you can buy things at a cheaper price *especially since I don't have lots of money ;) * I usually check the sellers reputation when I buy from then because that can say alot about the way the do business. The only downside is it takes forever to get your item if they live far away :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusBeliever

Oct 14, 2004
✟944.00
Faith
Christian
caitlincares said:
I would like to know anyone's experience selling (and buying) using Ebay.

I am considering putting some things up for sale.
Curious about pitfalls and reliability of buyers.

Thanks.
Ive been buying and selling on Ebay since right after they started.
Ive had two non-paying bidders and been lied to once.
That could have been avoided, tho, if I had asked for better photos before I bid.

Ive found ebay to be a wonderful place to buy and sell.

One thing tho.
I send a little warning letter to those bidders who have less than 10 FB.
And I also tell them that if they have more than one negative response for non-payment, then I will delete thier bid and block them altogether.

I sold some printing presses a couple years ago.
There was this guy who bid on them and he only had like 10 total remarks on his record. Over half of them were for non-payment for, guess what, printing press :D

I just be in aa habit of rejecting bidders who have more than one non-payment remark.
I give them that if its when they first started cause sometimes a person gets excited and bids on something then something happens.
Most learn their lesson real quick.
Some dont.

Good luck tho.
Ebay is a great place to selll :)

Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sold tons of high end photography gear, bought some too. Never had any problems. Set yourself up with PayPal first, then make sure you title your item appropriately so the most shoppers can see your item and bid.

For instance, let's say you are selling a pair of size 8 jeans. Putting "Land's End Size 8 Jeans, like new" will attract a lot more bidders than just a generic ad title, because people look for Land's End stuff.

Also, don't underestimate your shipping. You can easily lose money. I always add $2 extra for shipping and handling to cover any miscalculations and the supplies I need to buy for shipping.

Start collecting boxes and shiping materials now. Be ready to ship as soon as payment clears your PayPal or checking account.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Rosieace said:
My friend ordered a set of CDs of James Earl Jones talking bible and Alexander Scourby talking Old Testament 62 cds for $20-$24 . One set for herself and one set for me for my birthday September. We both recieved the 16 cd set for New Testament only. Look it up and you can see it. They all are lying. We couldn't believe it. But it happened just this month-2004.Good luck. Rosieace
That's still a great price for the NT CDs! Everyone else is selling them for around $100. Considering what you paid, it was a bargain.

Upvote 0

wrc_sales

Dec 19, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
We regularly sell software on eBay. Only one item really, which is ZoneTick World Time Zone Clock - a multiple time zone clock application for Windows. Search on eBay for "zonetick" keyword to see current listings, if interested :)

We never had any problems with reliability of buyers. This is based on experience of selling about 50 or so copies of this item to eBay users worldwide.

I also bought a few items personally. All sellers I have dealt with were quite professional.

eBay has a feedback (reputation) rating system. You can read comments from people who have dealt with this person or company before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faller_g

Dec 22, 2004
✟15,356.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have bought a bit on ebay but never sold. I find you just have to check the sellers feedback and check that the postage cost arent too bad and they are in the same country as you - then everything should be fine. Never buy from overseas though because you will be taxed too heavily! :)

Reactions: Veiled Viper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.