Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
G-i-G and Emsmom, we are saved by faith for subsequent works. The latter works will be Holy Spirit fuelled prayer and caring, such that we help our brothers and sisters grow in mature fruits and virtues likewise (this is what trading with the talents, and gaining a crown, is). We get closer to Jesus partly through pondering the many-layered meaning of Scriptures.

Assurance is something we can infer.
Ephesians 2.10: We are 'created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them'.

Salvation itself is strictly by grace, through faith, not of works (verses 8 & 9), as the believer truly trusts the Lord Jesus and His finished work at the Cross.

• Agree
Reactions: A_JAY
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wondered over the years, whether one should tell fellow parishioners to ignore what the preacher says (but not at my latest church). Especially the visiting ones and the high-profile personalities in the unconvincing videos! Leaving behind the people that were supposed to be my companions has often been stark.

Upvote 0

A_JAY

Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
North Central
✟483,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An example of one of the Easy Believists arguments. A friend and I were discussing theology and he stated that Taking Up Cross and following him, The Sermon on the Mount, and the Beatitudes weren't meant for us. They were meant for the Jews. This is "works salvation"

I was astounded. Somehow, in their view they artificially divide up the teachings into eras. One for the old covenant and one for the new. This is a teaching of some men, not the apostles.

What it is doing is watering down Christianity, and saying you don't have to do what God says.

Way wrong

Last edited:
Upvote 0